VFL Round 5 v Casey ANZAC Eve Punt Road Oval 2.05pm LIVE STREAM

Remove this Banner Ad

Now CR is on the money here, he needs more senior play time and a postion that suits him best. Well said!:thumbsu:

We have too many mids in our senior side that are all the same type of player, they are all older now and it's exposing our list. We aren't ruthless enough and seem to be keeping our aging players in the seniors, so our youth tend to get limited time and fill gap positions.
It's annoying, then when one of the kids gets a gig and doesn't set the world on fire, we get told they aren't ready, won't be ready or our youth is not very good. People forget these kids all can play they need some decent exposure.

/Rant

I don't, I think he is one of those players that gets limited time in the seniors, played in the wrong position then sent back to the VFL to play in the role he was originally drafted for.
So why hasn't he been played in the middle?
Because he's slow.

We have too many mids in our senior side that are all the same type of player, they are all older now and it's exposing our list. We aren't ruthless enough and seem to be keeping our aging players in the seniors, so our youth tend to get limited time and fill gap positions.
It's annoying, then when one of the kids gets a gig and doesn't set the world on fire, we get told they aren't ready, won't be ready or our youth is not very good. People forget these kids all can play they need some decent exposure.

/Rant
Yep it's hard to show your talent when you are bench warming most of the game. :$

Because he's slow.
Err so was diesal Williams.:rolleyes:

Williams strengths outweighed several negative physical characteristics which could have hindered his career as a footballer. Most notably, he was a slow runner; he had been knock-kneed as a child and his pace was not helped by five knee surgeries throughout his career. He was also short, stocky and carried extra weight early in his career.[2]

When? Had a 31 possession game in '21 and a 30 possession game in '22l. Also had ten VFL games with 17d or less in those two years.

Rarely great ... regularly poor ... that is Thomson

Dow has been in the system two years longer than Sonsie has now.

Sonsie has averaged 30 disposals over his last 5 VFL games - Dow has never managed to play 5 good quarters in a row let alone 5 games.

Every time Dow is picked is an absolute waste of games that Sonsie and MacAuliffe could be using to get closer to 50
Mate you're preaching to the choir.

Because he's slow.
Where is this proof, he is slow? He was recruited being a similar style of player to Cotchin & Cerra

I don't think he is any slower than Graham for example. (Graham has better endurance, but that's what happens when you are more mature & get to actually play senior footy all the time)

Last edited:
Why are so negative about this kid? it seems to me it's personal thing you just don't like him, admit it at least do that.
its called having an opinion mate.You don't agree thats fine but don't accuse anyone else that its something else.

Where is this proof, he is slow? He was recruited being a similar style of player to Cotchin & Cerra

I don't think he is any slower than Graham for example.
On par with Graham however he's more outside than inside and his lack of pace is exposed at afl level hence why he's been tried everywhere but the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Joel Garner looked alright. Not WI fast bowler good but decent for a mid. What’s his story? Any chance for MSD?

I don't think he is any slower than Graham for example. (Graham has better endurance, but that's what happens when you are more mature & get to actually play senior footy all the time)
Sonz isn’t slow like graham , he needs to be played midfield not bloody HFF , it’s bs

On par with Graham however he's more outside than inside and his lack of pace is exposed at afl level hence why he's been tried everywhere but the midfield.
Agree to disagree, I don't believe we have given him a decent chance in the midfield. In 2022 he played the last 7 games and averaged 17 disposals in his 1st season, then Dimma in his infinite wisdom decided to recruit Taranto & Hopper so in 2023 he slid down the pecking order, while the coach bailed on us not even halfway through the season.

He missed a whole season of senior development/exposure and by the end of the year his confidence took a hit and no wonder he lashed out and got reported. He played 1 bad game against the suns and never returned for the rest of the season. Kid has been treated poorly.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back