List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montagna is the only one that interests me .
Same it's one thing getting a player with finals experience, it's another thing getting a has been with finals experience.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-13/player-focus-dal-santo-delivers

I this shows what a finals experienced player can do for a side.

Ryan O'Keefe, Brad Sewell, Montagna any of these players please come on down. Or maybe the cats will realise its time for a rebuild/mini rebuild and could attract Jimmy Bartel?

Dal Santo is better than Sewell and O'keefe in terms of age and output now definitely.

Montagna is too old anyway.

A little birdy told me there is discontent amongst the Swans about Buddy's money. We might just need to be patient for a few years before some fly the coup!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also need pace and to be honest I would throw a few things around to get gary rohan
We have enough in our side who make a Gary Rohan an art form,No need to add another Gary Rohan expert.;):D:p

People realise that other teams got these experienced guys for nothing but cap space. Montagna and Bartel would cost us in a trade too.

Realise that but gotta weigh up what's best for us.

I definitely think Montagna is gettable and not for a huge amount. I know Pelchen and his ideals would be to get a new crew in. No harm in asking the question and selling the dream to him. Goddard, Chapman and Dal Santo have shown what valuable assets they are. Sure they were for free but I'm not concerned of paying a premium for an improvement.

That's what it's all about.

We need significant improvement into us our we will just continue to be a mediocre side. We can either get that by heading to the draft, trading for established players or a bit of both.

I like the combination myself.

If we can get a Shiel or Mitchell for our first then you'd do it.

Montagna maybe we downgrade our second round pick for a third and Montagna. I don't know I'm just suggesting options to get us to win a flag.

I hope the club do not think we are close to a flag and it will naturally happen. We took a step up to be a finals contention team. The gap between this and a flag contender is just as big.

So what do we do?

Realise that but gotta weigh up what's best for us.

I definitely think Montagna is gettable and not for a huge amount. I know Pelchen and his ideals would be to get a new crew in. No harm in asking the question and selling the dream to him. Goddard, Chapman and Dal Santo have shown what valuable assets they are. Sure they were for free but I'm not concerned of paying a premium for an improvement.

That's what it's all about.

We need significant improvement into us our we will just continue to be a mediocre side. We can either get that by heading to the draft, trading for established players or a bit of both.

I like the combination myself.

If we can get a Shiel or Mitchell for our first then you'd do it.

Montagna maybe we downgrade our second round pick for a third and Montagna. I don't know I'm just suggesting options to get us to win a flag.

I hope the club do not think we are close to a flag and it will naturally happen. We took a step up to be a finals contention team. The gap between this and a flag contender is just as big.

So what do we do?
If they were willing to do it for a downgraded pick I'd be happy with it. If it costs us a 2nd round pick straight out then it's not worth it. He could give us 3 years or he could completely break down in the first few months.

I reckon we would be better off waiting till next year and targeting a Geelong guy like Bartel or Mackie, or even Montagna, purely because I think they'd ask for a second rounder at a minimum.

If they were willing to do it for a downgraded pick I'd be happy with it. If it costs us a 2nd round pick straight out then it's not worth it. He could give us 3 years or he could completely break down in the first few months.

I reckon we would be better off waiting till next year and targeting a Geelong guy like Bartel or Mackie, or even Montagna, purely because I think they'd ask for a second rounder at a minimum.

Bartel could retire end of 2015, he is really starting to slow down sadly!

Of course it all comes down to cost.

I know their fans want a second but there is a lot they could do with his salary getting off their books and sure up some of their better kids etc. So maybe a third or a swap of our second for their third could be an option.

I think Montagna will give his elite performances for another 80 - 100 games. Especially with us, he won't be tagged as hard and we can manage him well. He had an injury interrupted year this year and finished 4th in their best and fairest but was leading before he had some troubles.

Are we that close to challenge for a flag that getting in an experienced, elite finals player could give us a step up we need?

I think Joey would be so beneficial for Ellis.

Like I think another pure midfielder in Shiel or Mitchell would be good for Miles, Vlastuin and Cotchin. These types would give us more confidence to have Deledio and Martin as forwards.

I don't want to just make the finals and not get anywhere. I also think our list as it is now isn't a top 4 list. Analyzing the top 5 sides this year we are not in the ball game. Not that far, but not there.

Mitchell and Montagna with a few young kids and another ruckman would be considerable in my opinion.

Of course it all comes down to cost.

I know their fans want a second but there is a lot they could do with his salary getting off their books and sure up some of their better kids etc. So maybe a third or a swap of our second for their third could be an option.

I think Montagna will give his elite performances for another 80 - 100 games. Especially with us, he won't be tagged as hard and we can manage him well. He had an injury interrupted year this year and finished 4th in their best and fairest but was leading before he had some troubles.

Are we that close to challenge for a flag that getting in an experienced, elite finals player could give us a step up we need?

I think Joey would be so beneficial for Ellis.

Like I think another pure midfielder in Shiel or Mitchell would be good for Miles, Vlastuin and Cotchin. These types would give us more confidence to have Deledio and Martin as forwards.

I don't want to just make the finals and not get anywhere. I also think our list as it is now isn't a top 4 list. Analyzing the top 5 sides this year we are not in the ball game. Not that far, but not there.

Mitchell and Montagna with a few young kids and another ruckman would be considerable in my opinion.
For that price I'd pull the trigger. Though I'm not as confident as you are that he will last that much longer. If we get 2-3 good years we will have done well. I'd be making sure we drafted a pacy winger to bring through behind him too.

Would love to get Shiel or Mitchell if we could.

For that price I'd pull the trigger. Though I'm not as confident as you are that he will last that much longer. If we get 2-3 good years we will have done well. I'd be making sure we drafted a pacy winger to bring through behind him too.

Would love to get Shiel or Mitchell if we could.

Shiel or Mitchell are my number one targets. We need more quality pure midfielders into the side to release our guns in Deledio, Martin and Cotchin to float forward and back without worry.

We need big pre seasons from Ellis to get that A grader level and Vlastuin and Conca to get close to that level. Miles keeps tracking how he is.

They are our core midfield group. We need a few more. Inside and outside.

A small forward and a Ruckman is also on the agenda. We can obtain that small forward via the draft. Plenty of quality around. Ruckman is the harder one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back