List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id call that smart management personally. they took advantage of free agency everyone else can too. also its not for free, they still have to pay them:p
Having an extra 9.8% in the salary cap just because they're in Sydney isn't "smart management".

FFS I think some of you need to wake up to reality!

Dangerfield or any over gun is not coming to RFC for any no good reason. He is not coming for nothing.

DH needs to pull the finger out or he is the next one sacked. Some in our list are to old, our list is not going anywhere without a shake up just like AFC 2 years ago.

Time to put up or push off!

Not one premiership at RFC has been one by not getting in quality. When I mean quality I don't mean Chaplin!

If nothing gets done, second raters will get moved on that are not up to standard. Nothing is more certain!

I will not have to say a thing, members would be seeing a Frawley situation all over again because at least Plough got us Cotch and Martin!

The BS has to stop and people need to get realistic for the people to believe again!
if we bide our time one more year we could nab him as a Free agent so it will only cost his salary as opposed to a trade.

iftime one more year we could nab him as a Free agent so it will only cost his salary as opposed to a trade.

Its not that simple there are other costs and potential contingent costs.

On the surface FA gain might seem ideal but a trade might prove far more prudent.

For example are we better getting Dangerfield via FA and losing another via FA or are we better doing a trade involving both?

No I would think Geelong are no chance! The umpires have carried then through many a match.

If RFC plays its cards right it is easy why Danger would go to RFC to win a real premiership within Dangers window!

Ummm, what have the umpires got to do with Geelong getting Dangerfield???
2014-09-18-11-52-55-1960198344.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ummm, what have the umpires got to do with Geelong getting Dangerfield???
View attachment 80799

The umpires by artificially boosting Geelong promote the idea that windows are not relevant via the draft and therefore Geelong and others are still relevant in terms of contention attracting new trade talent etc...So the romance of all teams have a chance is still promoted!

Furthermore, by Geelong not dipping it doesn't highlight the Swans so much up in the perpetual top half on Cola advantage or Hawthorn via Tassie Govt.

If Geelong finished 10th on a downward dip would they have a stronger case for Danger? Not from me but others obsessing over ladder position may not agree!

The umpires by artificially boosting Geelong promote the idea that windows are not relevant via the draft and therefore Geelong and others are still relevant in terms of contention attracting new trade talent etc...So the romance of all teams have a chance is still promoted!

Furthermore, by Geelong not dipping it doesn't highlight the Swans so much up in the perpetual top half on Cola advantage or Hawthorn via Tassie Govt.

If Geelong finished 10th on a downward dip would they have a stronger case for Danger. Not from me but others obsessing over ladder position may not agree!
2014-09-18-11-57-17-1598766304.jpeg
You've lost me. ..

[QT="Frustrated Tiger, post: 35178351, member: 92140"]View attachment 80801
You've lost me. ..[/QUOTE]

Well thats the point! Geelong and others win via smoke and mirrors to downplay the importance of the draft and youth on the list like Port to win premierships!

Its a bit like the credit bubble in USA saying mortgages are fine and then they go under. Its a ruse play!

Remember Dangerfield said he wants success. So its in the interest of Geelong and other suitors to appear more successful than they are to promote future prospects even if their prospects may be downward in truth!

Last edited:
It's funny really,

Last year Adelaide could have gotten Dustin Martin for the right price and NO significant trade loss. Yet they didn't.

This year they would actually trade Dangerfield for Martin.

Let's be honest, Dangerfield is the hottest/coldest player in the competition. He's not worth the asking price, we're better off investing our money into development and try to find the next Simon Black, Michael Voss, Travis Boak, Nat Fyke, Scott Pendlebury, etc.

We would have done nicely if we chose Heppell over Conca for starters.

god this time of year rumours go into overdrive . but gee for Dangerfield I would do 10 years at 800 to 900 thousand a year We need to get aggressive !!!
I still think he needs to fall into our payment plans as well, we have very impressive facilities which is a strong selling point. Someone like Luke ball wouldnt even look at us in 2010, now 4 years on we have put ourselves in a position for these types to want to play for us.... I hope :D

PS, if what I am reading is true, that Danger was a main instigator in the removal of Sando, I am not so sure on that type of player....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back