List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project - 2014 - 5 list spaces confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the ave wage is around 280k, so is this 350k our offer and for how many years? I would be happy with this for 2 years. It gives him time and a good pay rise, but he if isn't enough then good by.
I wouldn't have a clue. Wasn't my rumour. :p

Regarding Griff. I'd love for us to give him 3/4 years, which will take him to "his prime" so we will know what we have. BUT...his last 2 years significantly dependant on performance based clauses so that we can basically pay him peanuts if he is terrible...but happily rewarding him if he is going well. This will play on his ego in 2 ways, it'l show "faith" in him that he is our guy but also if he has anything at all upstairs he will be confident of being a good footballer in 3 years time so "should" sign.

We need to think about what 350k will look like in 3 years time. Remember the salary cap is rising...and teams like Sydney are planning for it. At worst we cover ourselves with performance clauses but at best we have a very good premium tall at a below average salary.

Regarding Griff. I'd love for us to give him 3/4 years, which will take him to "his prime" so we will know what we have. BUT...his last 2 years significantly dependant on performance based clauses so that we can basically pay him peanuts if he is terrible...but happily rewarding him if he is going well. This will play on his ego in 2 ways, it'l show "faith" in him that he is our guy but also if he has anything at all upstairs he will be confident of being a good footballer in 3 years time so "should" sign.

We need to think about what 350k will look like in 3 years time. Remember the salary cap is rising...and teams like Sydney are planning for it. At worst we cover ourselves with performance clauses but at best we have a very good premium tall at a below average salary.
If we believe he is fielding offers, there is no way he would accept a small base salary contract.

If we believe he is fielding offers, there is no way he would accept a small base salary contract.

Well it wouldn't be the case for the first 2 years. But why wouldn't he if in his 3rd and 4th year he could be getting paid well over what he can expect? If the incentives there it's there. If he's playing good footy in 3 or 4 years time we'd want to be rewarding him so maybe it worth his while. Dangle the carrot!! Don't just lose him for nothing or pay overs from the start...

Griff must be signed up asap, He is really starting to gel and will be a vital cog for us with years to come, I can see this coming back to bite us in the A55 if we let him walk

$800k /3 year deal will get it done
NOT-SURE-IF-SRS.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it wouldn't be the case for the first 2 years. But why wouldn't he if in his 3rd and 4th year he could be getting paid well over what he can expect? If the incentives there it's there. If he's playing good footy in 3 or 4 years time we'd want to be rewarding him so maybe it worth his while. Dangle the carrot!! Don't just lose him for nothing or pay overs from the start...
So what are suggesting and what price for his 3/4 year contract?

300 a year is unders, way unders
no way 270 is gonna get him
330 seems right.
1 mil over 3 years is spot on

From what I have heard we have offered 2 years 300-350ish. He should stay with us but again he has not re signed and the saints and dogs are desperate for his services I hear.

From what I have heard we have offered 2 years 300-350ish. He should stay with us but again he has not re signed and the saints and dogs are desperate for his services I hear.
Give him 3. Looks like he'll end up better than Tyrone. If worse comes to worse one becomes tradeable to free up cap space anyway.

The way he is going 1st round pick please. If the club lets Griff go and keeps Vickery it will be the biggest mistake of all time.
Lets face it all Griffo wants is more game time give him more games and he stays. I know who I would rather on the park.
Unfortunately we can't keep both, both are at the stage of their careers where depth is not enough and they both want as much game time as possible.

The way he is going 1st round pick please. If the club lets Griff go and keeps Vickery it will be the biggest mistake of all time.
Lets face it all Griffo wants is more game time give him more games and he stays. I know who I would rather on the park.
Unfortunately we can't keep both, both are at the stage of their careers where depth is not enough and they both want as much game time as possible.

I think we can. Jack is evolving, not kicking as many goals but racking up a few more possies as he moves up he ground. Griff is loving CHF and leading down the wings, Ty has always preferred staying in the forward 50. I wouldn't try it this year but summer should be all about those 3 learning to work together.

I think we can. Jack is evolving, not kicking as many goals but racking up a few more possies as he moves up he ground. Griff is loving CHF and leading down the wings, Ty has always preferred staying in the forward 50. I wouldn't try it this year but summer should be all about those 3 learning to work together.
Worth a shot i guess. I know we tried it with Hampson and it failed. LOL Hampson.
Worth a shot with those three to see if it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back