Blair

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he definitely get,s overlooked because some of the other boys may have a bit more talent,he is 1 of the major reasons we have been able to cover Ball,s absence and Swan Thomas and Pendles missing matches as well,should be in the top 10 of the Copeland.

He has been very consistent and is a hard worker often see at the bottom of packs,good on ya Blairy keep it going mate.:thumbsu:

Uncompromising tough nut. His numbers have really risen this year probably due to his role change - a tad under 21 touches per game, he remains very effective around the sticks averaging nearly a goal per game, superb in and under - tackling/contested possessions.
Really cemented his spot as one of our second string midfielders - not that we lose much with him in the middle!

That gather off Elliott, evade then pull his kick right to Clokes advantage in the goal square for an easy goal that sealed the deal was a beautiful kick.

I think he'll snare another top 10 Copeland effort.

2010 - got his chance, did enough to persevere and richly rewarded.

2011 - built consistency into his game, got some chances in midfield

2012 - fulltime member of the mid rotation and very much required player.

despite the ongoing preferences for 6'4" gazelles, blair is proof the little guy still has a major role in the game.

ten year player.

There wouldn't be many teams in the league that wouldn't give their left nut to have Blair playing in their midfield. He is as ferocious in his attack on the ball as Ball is, and that's a fair bloody compliment, has first class hands when delivering the ball to a Pies player while playing in-and-under, is a very good kick of the ball (not particularly long but accurate), when he tackles players he hits them hard and it's rare a player breaks one of his tackles, can sniff out a goal, is as tough and as hard as any player in the league, and is a team orientated player.
Yep he's an absolute ripper and he plays for us :)

HS has reported that Blair has forced the most turnovers this year: 63

Great player

Haha shiiit I don't even remember making this thread. Too much drinking. Going well so far though!

Honestly think he will go top 6 in copeland this year. He is an absolute work horse and along with toovey, fas and beams was best on last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Blair has been one of our more consistent players this year.

Sure, Beams has had good consistency, but apart from him, who has been as consistent as Blair?

Not Pendles, not Sidebottom, not Wellers, not Fas, not Thomas and definitely not Cloke. Each of those players is much more likely to get a headline ahead Blair. But they're not matching his good consistency.

Really, really rate him. As previous posters mentioned, he has a crack and he's an unsung hero. Love his pressure, neat disposal and ability to kick a goal. Well done Mr. Hine.

coming into this year I thought our big lack was strength in and under. With Ball out that has really been tested and full credit to Blair as one who has really stood out. Looking forward to next year with Ball back, we might just have some real strength in the packs, not just around the sides

I may be on my own here but I have been a massive fan since he came into the side. I don't believe he has improved because I don't know that there was much for him to improve on. If you watch his performances in 2010 they're not much different to what he's still producing. This kid has managed to fly under the radar purely because of his size but his output had been about as consistently good as anyone in the side. He's an integral part of the side and has been since mid 2010. GUN!

I think he has clearly improved. He was initially a small marking forward and seemed to play most of last year in a forward/defensive role. He'd annoy me by taking that extra move, believing he could break through or past an opposition player and he'd get caught. Now he's a mid-fielder trying to substitute Ball, and he has actually improved his awareness of his limitations and built on his strengths. It is almost a bit surreal to think he was a rookie, because his skills and ability suggest that size must have been considered a huge minus on players in his draft. Against the Swans he showed he can match his inside talents with the best.

I think he has clearly improved. He was initially a small marking forward and seemed to play most of last year in a forward/defensive role. He'd annoy me by taking that extra move, believing he could break through or past an opposition player and he'd get caught. Now he's a mid-fielder trying to substitute Ball, and he has actually improved his awareness of his limitations and built on his strengths. It is almost a bit surreal to think he was a rookie, because his skills and ability suggest that size must have been considered a huge minus on players in his draft. Against the Swans he showed he can match his inside talents with the best.
Interesting that different people see him differently. I don't have recordings of 2011 so I can't really comment specifically on last year but I have recordings of most of 2010 which I've rewatched several times and I see absolutely no difference to what I'm seeing now. In 2010 he always had good evasive skills and great awareness but most of all a mongrel attack on the ball and an inate ability to get to the contest. If anything I suspect his kicking was better in 2010 than it is now but that may just be a result of the difference in the team's game style and personnel.

The human pinball. Love him as much as I loved pinball many years ago...

it is believed the AFL are investigating blair for illegal use of this

P1658-5.jpg

coming into this year I thought our big lack was strength in and under. With Ball out that has really been tested and full credit to Blair as one who has really stood out. Looking forward to next year with Ball back, we might just have some real strength in the packs, not just around the sides
Blair stood up from his first outing.
There has never been the slightest doubt Blair is best 22 then or now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back