Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last post on the subject, some are saying walk away we don't need him, others including me, are saying our first, not the first we are going to get for Lever though.

But there is no chance we will give 2 first round picks, none, absolutely no chance. Some might think that's what we should pay but you are wasting your energy discussing it because we just won't do it, especially not a year on.

Anyway, I've spent enough time here, good luck in the trade period.
You do realise your first round pick is 1 spot off being a second round pick. Not worth it.

It seems I have stumbled onto the Crows' List Management thread accidentally.

My bad.
If you want a laugh go over and take a look at there Gibbs thread. One moron even said Douglas is a better player than Gibbs because he has scored 1 international goal and Gibbs hasn't got any.

You come from a state with an incredible sense of entitlement. Not only do you want subsidised electricity and industry but also footballers who you expect should be traded for unders. Unfortunately when a player is contracted you have to pay overs. So either slip away and enjoy the finsls series or produce the equivalent of 2 first round picks
Subsidised electricity? FFS.

My last post on the subject, some are saying walk away we don't need him, others including me, are saying our first, not the first we are going to get for Lever though.

But there is no chance we will give 2 first round picks, none, absolutely no chance. Some might think that's what we should pay but you are wasting your energy discussing it because we just won't do it, especially not a year on.

Anyway, I've spent enough time here, good luck in the trade period.
I actually agree with you. We won't get the Lever pick and we won't get two first round picks. Our best hope is their first and a player like Atkins. If that is not enough than we have a stand off and Gibbs will have to stay in two years he will go home for free and hopefully by then we have a gun midfield on the up.

Go baggers

If Rockliff was in our midfield this year when we played Adelaide at the G we would of won. Let's look at it that way. Lol. 2 firsts or **** off I say. No need to trade him away. Murphy, Gibbs, Rockliff to go along with the youth of SPS, Cripps, Fisher, LDU or Cerra, Kennedy looks pretty good going forward. We'd beat Adelaide in 2018 while they scratch their heads again after not paying up what's fair for our young side for a contracted player and teach them a lesson in how to try and poach a player without discussing it first with the club. We can't afford to let that kind of experience go at this stage and even though we may get nothing for him in 2020 it will tell the crows one thing and he may just finish up at Carlton anyway, "carlton values me higher". By the time his contract is up we will be playing finals so why would he bother jumping into a team of 8-10 players already older than 30. It'll be the same as the failed attempt of Petrie and Mitchell at west coast.
Well said and accurate.

Do any of us genuinely expect 2 first round picks for Gibbs? No way a 28 year old A- grade player gets that. First and a second for Gibbs and a third would be a good result

I would have taken first and Kelly last year tbh, I've rated him since 2015 and was surprised he didn't play more.

There are two factors which are being ignored..

1) Gibbs importance to Carlton
2) Gibbs value to the Crows compared to draft picks value to the Crows

To the Crows, Gibbs is more valuable than 2 first round picks. The crows are in a premiership window and need to trade, much like Hawthorn did, in order to keep the window open.

Draft picks to the Crows do not have any effect on their premiership window. Gibbs has a huge effect.

The current value of first round picks to the Crows are minimal when compared with their value to Carlton. The crows have had 69 games in total from all the teenagers picked up in the national draft since 2014, we've had 204 games played from those drafted in the same time.

You could say that draft picks hold half the value to the Crows as they do to Carlton.

Why should we make it easy for them and say 'yeah we shouldn't ask you for two first rounders just in case you might need them one day'

The Crows day is today. They can't have today and have a perfect result for tomorrow also, especially at our expense.

They want a contracted player from our leadership group and are only willing to give up something which they deem 'fair value' from a window in time which they clearly don't value anywhere near as much as the present.

In 2015 they drafted only 2 teenagers and 4 blokes in their mid 20's. They could have taken 6 teenagers but they didn't. They value today, we value tomorrow.

If you want to take one of our contracted 'today players' then you cough up a big piece of your tomorrow, not what you deem to be 'fair'

Last edited:
For all the Boekhurst debate it's the club that decides.

The fact we are a bottom 3 side and he hasn't been signed yet says it all

Anyone who wants to move a player on that has shown significant improvement in the last 6 months has got rocks for brains.

There is plenty of stagnating dead wood on our list that should be moved on before BB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh had to be Collingwood. :drunk:

Kreuzer was a filth supporter before he came to Carlton. Now, I doubt you would ever get him to leave. The same way that Big Nick has never left the club.

If you want a laugh go over and take a look at there Gibbs thread. One moron even said Douglas is a better player than Gibbs because he has scored 1 international goal and Gibbs hasn't got any.
They really are a deluded bunch.

Toughen up
Hahaha yeah what weak boys...getting bullied by older players in a pack to drink their own piss...How weak...just what we need at our club.

Granted it could be absolute rubbish but if there is any truth to the rumour I don't want him. I have very strong doubts over his character.

Bit unfair on those that don't have a grandmother to trade.....
I'd trade Cripps and Gibbs to have my grandmother back for 5 minutes so I could tell her how much I love her again.

Pffft Crows want 2 first round picks for Lever. How ironic.
Lever is comfortably worth two first round picks. He is comfortably worth more than Gibbs because of his age and ability. He would comfortably be in the top 5 young desirable talents going around. He would be a key contributor in every team in the competition.

Lever is comfortably worth two first round picks. He is comfortably worth more than Gibbs because of his age and ability. He would comfortably be in the top 5 young desirable talents going around. He would be a key contributor in every team in the competition.

No he isn't, unless you're talking 2 late first round picks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back