Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick one for my fellow Blues. Anyone heard of aflworld360? I had a post on facebook last night from a friend with their screen capture of a rumour involving J Hogan going to Freo, pick 4(?)+ to Melbourne and involving Adelaide (Lever) and Gibbs to Adelaide. Had a quick look at the site then and couldn't find it (pulled down?). I haven't heard much re Hogan on the big footy forum. Not sure what to make of the site's credibility anyway but wondering if this rumour or Trent McKenzie has been mentioned on here?

Adelaide's midfield used to be shallow but with what the Crouch brothers have been showing this year it is now in reasonable shape.

Not saying Gallucci is good or not but not surprised he didn't get a run in the seniors for a 1st year mid considering the way their preferred midfield group functioned this year

Essendon are keen on Stringer, but North may go after him after their failed attempts to get Kelly and Dusty.

******* lolnorf are chasing players in the Golfields football league!!!!

Adelaide's midfield used to be shallow but with what the Crouch brothers have been showing this year it is now in reasonable shape.

Not saying Gallucci is good or not but not surprised he didn't get a run in the seniors for a 1st year mid considering the way their preferred midfield group functioned this year
I've seen a number of posts (even from Crows supporters) stating their surprise at the emergence of the Crouch brothers (or maybe it was more along the lines of the 'surprise emergence'). I don't get how it's such a surprise? Brad showed great signs in 2013/2014 and I rated him highly before missing 2015 and being slowed a little in 2016 after coming back. And Matt's doing pretty much exactly what he did last year and has clearly overtaken Brad.
The only genuine question there is whether Brad was going to get back to his best after the injury.

i agree wholeheartedly. Last year both Crouch brothers were not in the form they are now (injury or otherwise) and hence their desperation for Gibbs as they kept falling short.

lucky for the cows they have both come good this year because Ricciuto admitted on 5aa last year that their strategy with the Gibbs trade last year was "we just thought Carlton would cave in!"
Talk about arrogance!!

After our efforts with Jacobs and Betts, they probably had good reason to believe that... :(

Lol, bit of a misinterpretation of the discussion there mate.

That's no misinterpretation, you're saying that because he didn't get a game in the top teams midfield he's no longer worth a first rounder but a second...that's what you said!!

A midfield, I might add, that had very few players injuries throughout the year and certainly not multiple at the same time. Even if they did have multiple at the same time he's a first year player that wouldn't have the aerobic capacity to play their midfield game plan.

That's no misinterpretation, you're saying that because he didn't get a game in the top teams midfield he's no longer worth a first rounder but a second...that's what you said!!

Yes, and your comment was that we were saying he should be sacked because he couldn't get a run, which we weren't. We were discussing his trade value, to which I said I thought it would have dropped from a late first to a second, not that he should be sacked.

Sounds like a misinterpretation to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gallucci should be sacked, couldn't even get a run in the top teams midfield in his first year.

Wtf are people taking on this board...sheesh!!
Scott Thompson couldn't get a look in either. Sakc him too

I Think if you guys have a look through the crows list there might be a player you haven't talked about at length in a possible trade for gibbs! So much tripe in here
Jacobs wants to come back?

I've seen a number of posts (even from Crows supporters) stating their surprise at the emergence of the Crouch brothers (or maybe it was more along the lines of the 'surprise emergence'). I don't get how it's such a surprise? Brad showed great signs in 2013/2014 and I rated him highly before missing 2015 and being slowed a little in 2016 after coming back. And Matt's doing pretty much exactly what he did last year and has clearly overtaken Brad.
The only genuine question there is whether Brad was going to get back to his best after the injury.
Agree with you. Both of them are jets and both are genuine B+/A grade midfielders now.

Sloane/B.Crouch/M.Crouch are well supported by Atkins/Douglas/Greenwood/Knight and outside run of Cameron/McKay/Milera/Seedsman

Wines would be getable imo, but probably when he becomes a RFA.
Wines was a Blues supporter as a kid.

Seems settled in SA though.

Speaking to someone involved at PAFC, apparently Bryce Gibbs has told his manager to do whatever it takes to get back to SA. Dont know if that means that he is willing to go to PAFC

#Bluemour

Can't see how Port Adelaide get it done at all.

They don't have a first rounder this year, and next year's first could be anywhere from 8-18 so very hard to get a read on value.

Players I'd be interested in: Wines, Wingard (SA), Marshall, Powell-Pepper, Bonner (SA), Drew, Atley, Byrne-Jones, Ah Chee, Houston.

Gibbs and loose change for Wines works for us, but that doesn't help PA at all and they'd tell us to jump.
Wingard unlikely to leave SA, and hard to see PA letting him go either.
The rest are young up-and-comers, and we'd be expecting at least two of them, potentially 3 if they're the lower tier options.
SPP and Marshall unlikely to be on the market, the former is already an established best 22 player, while the latter is PA's succession plan for Dixon/Westhoff.

Gibbs and 38 for one of Drew/Atley/Houston, Pick 29 and future first? Tough to judge, because if that future first is 16 plus it's a little unders, but if PA slide and miss the 8 (or get knocked out in the first week) then they've probably over-paid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back