Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unsurprising - WC would be crazy not to continually try to lure him across. As long as he's playing for us we'll be hearing about it, it's the nature of having quality players on your list.

As much as I'd love to say he'll be a Blue for life, who knows what may happen in 4-5 years time. We could win a flag or two and he decides that's enough, we could plateau in the bottom end of the 8 for a few years and he could get frustrated, we could stick with a rigid pay structure and he gets offers worth an extra half a mil per year.

Learn to live with it, folks, it's the price you pay for building a strong list. Other clubs will try to pick the eyes out of it.
I don't care who it is - as long as we get adequate compensation I'm fine with it. No player is bigger than the club.

except doull

Cripps is a fantastic player, but i'd trade him for the right price. Multiple bone breaks are a real concern to me - ribs, legs multiple times - then had some knee troubles on top of that. I have the same concerns with picking up Smith or Rockliff. It would have to be a massive offer to get a Cripps trade done, but there'd definitely be a point for me where i'd push the button - and that point would be one I couldn't see the Eagles being willing to pay.

After the way that GWS blew the WCE apart in the semi, don't be surprised if they ask about Boekhorst to add speed to their midfield.
There is no way that we would give up Cripps under any circumstances, especially when it's possible that we may lose Gibbs.
We are looking to add strength to our midfield, not decimate it.
I would also be surprised if we don't get Tom Lamb. 20yo 193cm wing/hf/hb that has elite endurance and can kick goals. Victorian and not getting a game.
IMHO a trade of Boekhorst to WCE and Lamb/picks to Carlton would be more on the cards than a straight swap of Boekhorst for Balic.
If Balic comes it will be with a swap of picks, not players.

Good improvement noticeable in the 2nd video apart from his kicking. Very unorthodox and average.
Haven't seen what his kicking is like now but can't imagine it will magically have changed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It has LO.
Watched all his games this year with Peel.
Hands a lot cleaner in traffic, good foot skills, but its his over head marking he has taken to a new level.
Not the quickest leg speed player, but his quick decision making tends to get him out of trouble in close.
And still only 19 years old.
So room for plenty of improvement.
All this for a kid that didn't want to be at Freo, imagine what he will be like back home and at the Blues :)

After the way that GWS blew the WCE apart in the semi, don't be surprised if they ask about Boekhorst to add speed to their midfield.
There is no way that we would give up Cripps under any circumstances, especially when it's possible that we may lose Gibbs.
We are looking to add strength to our midfield, not decimate it.
I would also be surprised if we don't get Tom Lamb. 20yo 193cm wing/hf/hb that has elite endurance and can kick goals. Victorian and not getting a game.
IMHO a trade of Boekhorst to WCE and Lamb/picks to Carlton would be more on the cards than a straight swap of Boekhorst for Balic.
If Balic comes it will be with a swap of picks, not players.

Weren't there serious concerns before and after the draft about Lamb's attitude and application?

West Coast being keen on Cripps is no surprise. We'd laugh at Gaff and a first. Cripps is happy at Carlton.

EAGLES HAVE NO LEADERSHIP that's half the reason they took Mitchell and Petrie.
Eagles have recruited local kids and people looking to return home and they've been massive disappointments . Jetta and Wellingham have been terrible and Darling has played 3 good games in two years. Masten is a spud. They have heart players but they are not very good.

They know that Cripps is the guy to lift standards and build a team around. The guy is a goddam midfield behemoth and he's been playing injured the last two years.

Hasn't his mum and dad moved to Vic?

Can't see him going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't there serious concerns before and after the draft about Lamb's attitude and application?

Has been suggested but we have also heard the same re Rockliff.
Back yourself in to get the best out of a young player.
From his point of view, he was a highly rated TAC player, got into a strong side early after crossing to the other side of the country and then never got another sniff. Of course he is going to be frustrated, so I wouldn't write him off as a bad character.

Wasnt it said on this board that Cripps' family had moved to Melbourne, he also has a girlfriend in Melbourne. Also didn't he grow up in a farm in WA far away from Perth? There's no doubt he's here for the long haul

Someone please confirm this, I love Cripps my heart would actually break if he left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back