Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All true!

SOS had given the AFL all the info they needed!
Braddles & S.O'Rhiley as well if I remember correctly.

I thinl this is part od SOS's drive to rebuild the club. As well as cleaning house to look after his sons.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

EAGLES HAVE NO LEADERSHIP that's half the reason they took Mitchell and Petrie.
Eagles have recruited local kids and people looking to return home and they've been massive disappointments . Jetta and Wellingham have been terrible and Darling has played 3 good games in two years. Masten is a spud. They have heart players but they are not very good.

They know that Cripps is the guy to lift standards and build a team around. The guy is a goddam midfield behemoth and he's been playing injured the last two years.

Hasn't his mum and dad moved to Vic?

Can't see him going.
His parents would make frequent trips but his dad seems pretty involved up in WA businesses/politics while his younger bro is still in school.

His girlfriend did move down though, the wags actually seem like a tighter crew than the playing list!

Don't worry about Cripps. Sheephead rumours aren't the strongest either (and before the rumour gang lose their s**t, you're entitled to read it etc whatever)

Yes reluctantly if one had to contemplate a trade of Cripps to Egales, both their 1st rounders for 2017&18 and a youngster with promise would do it.
Next year's draft is monstrously good , some combination similar would just about sway me.
Venables was pick 13, they have pick 13 or thereabouts for the next 2 years.

Cripps was pick 13 and they ought to pay triple his original value - still less than the amount we gave up for Judd.

Regardless of how accurate or not the Cripps rumours are, we would be pretty naive to think the WA clubs won't come knocking when the likes of Cripps, Fish and Samo come out of contract.

I can't wait for the day when I'm more excited for the season than the off-season

It's now for me.

Since i joined here in 08 thru to the end of 2015 we were a basketcase(any onfield success was a mirage) and the main interest for me really was post-season with the Draft(not just Carlton, which was routinely a disaster, but the draft as a whole). I really embraced the draft as an interest. I enjoy talent spotting as a whole.

2015 and 2016, the interest in Carlton's post season specifically spiked. We really used our moveable pieces and went hard and smart at the draft and a few really nice trades. We set the Club up and i really enjoyed the 2 post seasons.

Now it is time to move onfield. It will still be extremely hard to move up substantially ladderwise next year as nearly every club should be looking to improve next year. Ladder will be very tough. But as a Team, and as individuals inside that team, we will/should see good movement next year........or we are in trouble.

For this off-season i'm fairly unfussed on who we use Pick3 on. It is very even and i'm happy with whoever SOS/Brodie/Bolts pick. I'd be happy with getting Rocky and moving on Gibbs for a 1st Rd'er.

But onfield, i'm really looking forward to seeing what we do next year for pretty much the 1st time since i've been on Bigfooty.

Can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep a much bigger ransom than we paid for Judd.

I would trade WCE for Cripps.

I mean after Mitchell & Priddis retires that makes closer to 40 players for Cripps.

Probably still slightly unders, but if Patty nominates WCE I guess we would settle for it. :cool:

I will need to make a visit to toys r us if this happens...I'll need something to throw!!
Although I reckon its all wishful thinking on the eagles behalf...
Yep this.
They've got no chance unless Cripps himself requests a trade.

It's now for me.

Since i joined here in 08 thru to the end of 2015 we were a basketcase(any onfield success was a mirage) and the main interest for me really was post-season with the Draft(not just Carlton, which was routinely a disaster, but the draft as a whole). I really embraced the draft as an interest. I enjoy talent spotting as a whole.

2015 and 2016, the interest in Carlton's post season specifically spiked. We really used our moveable pieces and went hard and smart at the draft and a few really nice trades. We set the Club up and i really enjoyed the 2 post seasons.

Now it is time to move onfield. It will still be extremely hard to move up substantially ladderwise next year as nearly every club should be looking to improve next year. Ladder will be very tough. But as a Team, and as individuals inside that team, we will/should see good movement next year........or we are in trouble.

For this off-season i'm fairly unfussed on who we use Pick3 on. It is very even and i'm happy with whoever SOS/Brodie/Bolts pick. I'd be happy with getting Rocky and moving on Gibbs for a 1st Rd'er.

But onfield, i'm really looking forward to seeing what we do next year for pretty much the 1st time since i've been on Bigfooty.

Can't wait.
I'm with you. I think it's next year for me if we can add some depth to our midfield. We should win 7-8 games next year, no excuses.

I think SEN are wrong in this instance. Leon Cameron said at his press conference that Smith was still sore in the knee from the Geelong game.

Of course he'd say that. A coach isn't going to admit they aren't playing a player because he won't be at the club next year or has other issues.
I mean SEN could still be wrong, but what Cameron says in a press conference means nothing.

Yep this.
They've got no chance unless Cripps himself requests a trade.
I dunno. I think if they offered us a combination of good picks & a player (and if Cripps agreed) SOS would trade him.
I don't want him to go, but being from WA you can bet that this wont be the first time either WCE or Freo come calling.
WCE might make us an offer too go to refuse seeing as though they have just lost Priddis & Mitchell.

EAGLES HAVE NO LEADERSHIP that's half the reason they took Mitchell and Petrie.
Eagles have recruited local kids and people looking to return home and they've been massive disappointments . Jetta and Wellingham have been terrible and Darling has played 3 good games in two years. Masten is a spud. They have heart players but they are not very good.

They know that Cripps is the guy to lift standards and build a team around. The guy is a goddam midfield behemoth and he's been playing injured the last two years.

Hasn't his mum and dad moved to Vic?

Can't see him going.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/west-...rade-two-eagles-darlings-20170918-gyjnyr.html

Pretty much what this article says too

Of course he'd say that. A coach isn't going to admit they aren't playing a player because he won't be at the club next year or has other issues.
I mean SEN could still be wrong, but what Cameron says in a press conference means nothing.

I agree a coach wouldn't say that they aren't playing somebody because they won't be there next year. However there's no chance that Cameron is going to make his team weaker and keep Smith out of the team on the basis that he won't be there next year. Smith isn't playing because he's injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back