Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By memory, I believe that you need to get permission from the AFL to trade more than one future pick....which means we have no chance.

Collingwood traded its future first round pick in 2015 as part of the Treloar deal, and their future second rounder as part of the Aish deal.

No. Collingwood never traded their future second rounder then. They trades St.Kilda's they got in another deal.
From memory Hawks are only club to trade both their first and second round future pick in same trade period and that was only allowed AFTER we traded them another second rounder to release the restriction. Hence why some still seem to think they owe us a favour when they never do based on the actual trade we did with Hawks was fair at time.

100% agree. If you look at the Gibbs and Mcgovern deal as one transaction, we are absolutely bloody laughing.
Saw this on twitter, which shows the two trades in their totality (note: This is a bit confusing. I haven't looked into the accuracy - someone far more knowledgable than me could probably confirm):

DpMa_pkU8AAcVX0.jpg:large
You’ve included Adelaide’s second round pick twice. At the top with a bubble. And again inside the far left red bubble to get McGovern. So maybe you can link them.

Would prefer Dunstan from the Saints as they may now need to get rid of one of their inside mids and he seems the least in demand. Could we get him for #43?

Gives us some backup for Cripps inside and allows our kids time to develop.
Please no. He is nearly slower than Barlow and to date hasn't shown he has a tank. The same can be said for Mitch Grigg.

You’ve included Adelaide’s second round pick twice. At the top with a bubble. And again inside the far left red bubble to get McGovern. So maybe you can link them.

Cheers! It's not my chart, found it on a twitter post. I might tell the guy who posted it

Ok. Let’s be clear. I don’t know all the ins and outs of who recruiters are talking to. I hear things, and I share. I’m like a Big Footy Tyrion who drinks and knows things

Some things for people to bear in mind - Wingard and Scrimshaw - I’m not sure we’d want them at our club. Not optimal blokes

Scully - interesting but mega risky from an injury standpoint. Good player

Tyson - not the type of midfielder you’d add to a Cripps / Kennedy midfield

But here is the single biggest thing and people need to be realistic about this - we do not have much to trade. We won’t deal pick one. We’ve dealt our seconds. We have 42 now - big deal. We’d rather not trade our first next year. We will need our second next year (at least) for Setterfield. Our tradeable players have no trade currency. Stop believing all the bullshit about that. Nobody wants Casboult. Nobody wants Jones. Nobody is giving us anything decent for them. If anything at all. So how are we getting all these other players? I’ll tell you how - we’re not
i3qLRrb.gif

I can't believe what Hawthorn are doing.

Burton was in the conversation for pick 1 in his draft year before breaking his leg.

Now they want to send him AND their only first rounder to Port for Wingard who is lazy and inconsistent at the best of times.

Talk about short-sighted.
I don't get why they would do this either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously it wasn’t enough? Why Ian that hard to comprehend? SOS didn’t just give them McAdam for the **** of it.

Essentially McG cost 2 second rounders and we gave McAdam for future 3rd. Slight overs but as others have said, they had the whip hand. We got our man. We should be happy. Reckon it's about right even though it ticked me off a bit at first

The Club has more balls, stamina, and belief in its strategy, than I thought it did.
Biggest challenge always going to be external noise and calls for immediate wins.
Glad they have no intention of trading out any of the firsts.
Strategy appears clear and consistent.
This. Keep our first picks at all costs.

We have a stated intention to bring targetted 24-27 year olds into the club during this trade period.

Apart from McGovern who is getting paid a shiteload of money, how else are our List Management department meeting this KPI?
So far we've brought in 2 players:

- McGovern - Starting KPP in the best forward line in the AFL and under contract to the Crows, 24 years old (birthday was a day or 2 ago I think, 23 when traded).
- Fasolo - Cost us nothing in terms of trades, free agent 26 years old.

Both ins fit your KPI whats the problem?

No. Collingwood never traded their future second rounder then. They trades St.Kilda's they got in another deal.
From memory Hawks are only club to trade both their first and second round future pick in same trade period and that was only allowed AFTER we traded them another second rounder to release the restriction. Hence why some still seem to think they owe us a favour when they never do based on the actual trade we did with Hawks was fair at time.
I'm with ya...Collingwood defs traded future second they got from the Saints for Freeman. So did Hawthorn trade their future 2nd rounder rather than the one they received from us?

If so, Bolts has gotta start taking Dill out for coffees.

We have a stated intention to bring targetted 24-27 year olds into the club during this trade period.

Apart from McGovern who is getting paid a shiteload of money, how else are our List Management department meeting this KPI?
McGovern turned 24 yesterday and Fasolo is 26.

Tell me though.......and this came after some initial feelings of letting go too much; How exactly did we over-pay for McGovern?

Effectively we paid #13 for a contracted player we courted heavily. (The pick we received vs McAdam largely cancels itself out)

We didn't overpay. We just paid fairly.
If you merge the Gibbs and McGovern trades (including our 16+40 for 28+30 with WBD) it effectively breaks down to this, just looking at our ins and outs:

In: O'Brien, Kennedy, De Koning, Schumacher, McGovern, Ade '19 3rd (45-50 after comp?)

Out: Gibbs, McAdam, 40, 73, 21 (Car '18 2nd), 40 (Car '18 3rd), Car '19 5th

Toby Wooller got picked with our 40 and 73 didn't get used. I assume our future 5th won't get used either.

Those outs really are Gibbs, McAdam, Wooller, 21, 40. Considering we never really had McAdam and he was free, you could maybe even ignore him.

and we walk away with McGovern, Kennedy, O'Brien, De Koning, Schumacher and probably a mid 3rd... long term forward, inside mid, outside mid, ruck/fwd, med defender and whoever we pick with that 3rd. I'm ok with it.

Now that sounds like a plan to me.

The 'youngsters' need to grow up this off-season and take on larger responsibilities. The green shoots will have to have sprouted.

Can't wait to see hardarse Russell get to work on all our kids. They better be prepared. A couple might fall away, but most will thrive.

Marchbank is my personal favorite project watch. I think he is elite in the making and will thrive being driven hard.

Russell is sating his career appetite. Long stints with elite quality in quantity at Port, Hawthorn and now Carlton. All power to him. He looked keen as f**k in his interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back