Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Carlton working on something big?
Damian Barrett is perhaps the best footy journalist in the country and his Sliding Doorscolumn is always full of nuggets. Today, he gave Blues fans reason to think their club is working on something huge.

295842d9-1a48-4940-88be-f83b439b7bdc_800.png

'Damian Barrett is perhaps the best footy journalist in the country'

Who writes this garbage WTF! :rolleyes:

Given the Setterfield deal, as it currently stands, leaves us with...

2018 - 1, 69 and whatever comes after that
2019 - First round, 2 x third round, fourth round, sixth round

I don't care if they take one of those guys off Geelong or Adelaide.

Wouldn't that be a perfectly AFL farce, though? :D

Like giving GC, who finished above Carlton, great compo because in-part because of what was GOING to happen in this year's FA/Trade period (Lynch, etc).

AFL is in the prediction and prospecting business, so why not the re-writing history business too?

so pick 43 has apparently gone for setterfield trade. That would leave us with pick 1, 69, 77, 95 etc

Imo increased likelihood that we will look to trade out future 1st if possible to rebuild our draft position this year.
Only if offer super duper. I am quite content if our draft haul is Walsh, a mature ager and Ben Silvagni.
Setterfield, McGovern , Fasolo and some other free agent in player movement time. If Gold Coast want to come hard at us for pick 1 and next years first rounder for 2, 3 and another good pick, you would look at it. But the offer has to come and be super to be looked at.

so pick 43 has apparently gone for setterfield trade. That would leave us with pick 1, 69, 77, 95 etc

Imo increased likelihood that we will look to trade out future 1st if possible to rebuild our draft position this year.
We don't need to, we've brought in enough to have a light draft. Imo we don't need anything after pick 1, given what we've got for our picks so far.

We now can't trade our future first unless we get a future first or second in return. Makes things tricker.

I suspect we are done.

Can be structure in the deal very easily we're trading 2 very high premium picks, so a mid 1st or 2nd rounder can be factored in the trade easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given we were prepared to forgo the two second rounders, why did Shane McAdam need to be thrown in? We sure could have used his type.

Two second rounders should have got it done by themselves.

So your only beef with this trade period is we didn't keep McAdam since you understand the 2 second rounders had to be given up for McGovern?

I think the main disappointment is that the club came out publically and said we needed mature midfielders. Was Shiel our only plan? We didn't get him, were we looking at anyone else? Cripps said he wanted mature bodies around him...as per EP's post it's looking like a quiet period once we get Setterfield. So clubs goal = not achieved?

True, but given we had FREE assistance, it only cost us our own 2nd rounder

Folks need to realise we courted contracted players, not uncontracted players.

Probably less competition in luring contracted players, but inevitably pay more in terms of a trade.

All that does is put us in an even worse position next year, with ~40, 48, 58 and 94.

Reckon we call it a day after this - unless we take a punt on Libba.

Gov, Setters, Fas, Walsh, BSOS, 2x mature agers (1 as a rookie), 18yo rookie.

Consolidate for next year, 7+ wins, go hard at free agency and elite mids next year with stronger credentials. 2019 and 2020 firsts on the table.

EP mentioned he likes to drink.

What the bet he's sitting back now having a few Friday knock offs, whilst going bang bang bang and giggling his mother****ing arse off!!!???!

I think the main disappointment is that the club came out publically and said we needed mature midfielders. Was Shiel our only plan? We didn't get him, were we looking at anyone else? Cripps said he wanted mature bodies around him...as per EP's post it's looking like a quiet period once we get Setterfield. So clubs goal = not achieved?
Did they?

Only said players 23-27 I thought?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back