Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
il_570xN.376770147_5up3.jpg
Alright striped in green and pale ivory....smartalec.....:D

I am waiting for the sky to turn yellow. SOS stated categorically that he would hold onto pick one unless some club came with a silly offer. Nothing about shopping it around. And SOS always says exactly what he means.

Not sure if you're serious here, but SOS has said numerous things on trade radio that very much come across as posturing to me. As he should be.

Meh, let’s just get Walsh and develop our own. Then we can sit back and enjoy the premierships even more.

Oh, I'll enjoy them alright. I've pre-booked 14 days leave from work for immediately after #17. It's just a rolling booking I can update. Sadly I can update it about May every year, instead of late September.

I am waiting for the sky to turn yellow. SOS stated categorically that he would hold onto pick one unless some club came with a silly offer. Nothing about shopping it around. And SOS always says exactly what he means.
Lol wut? We love SOS and he’s done an amazing job but he’s a born salesman - he even experimented working in real estate didn’t he!? SOS would be sly and you’d have to be on your toes to deal with him, let alone telling the whole truth to the media.

He was only answering questions re pick 1 so allows him to shop either future first or both firsts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt we have thrown some options at GWS for Kelly. No issue with that. Shows him we want him.

I just don't like throwing everything at one player no matter how good. Our game need a group of players. Not like basketball. Kelly is 24 next year so has 4-5 years at his absolute best. I would rather bring in 2 genuine young talented players that have 10 years ahead of them

5154 days since *Essendon won a final. :D

I'm staying out of this one. Last team I picked a fight with this way was the Pies as until this year we'd won a final more recently than them and nek minnit grand final.

Happy for you to try again, Wick.

If you curse the bummers and they break their final hoodoo only to go on to lose a GF in the dying moments, I'd be eternally grateful.

Dick or not he’s a massive unit and plays with real attitude. Like what ASOS provided with his short stay. He’d make the younger players walk taller. And it’d mean we clear out Rowe and Jones from the back 6. Each to their own. Just my opinion

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
A bloke that has finished only as high as 9th in GCS B&F in his time isnt worthy of making players walk taller.

And if you have to resort to calling Sam Rowe a "weak gutted C**t" after he beat him at a contest then he isnt the player you want to look up to.
Lets see May go through half the challenges Rowe has and see how much character he has. No wonder Brown punched him in the face.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Jeez we've been dumb this year, our depth is going to be our Achilles heal for years and won't survive the natural attrition a club goes through each season, particularly with our list profile. The club must think that the quality free agents are going to appear out of thin air and come flocking to club, won't happen. We've gone from clever tactics to power tactics and that's just dumb for a bottom club.

Last edited:
Happy for you to try again, Wick.

If you curse the bummers and they break their final hoodoo only to go on to lose a GF in the dying moments, I'd be eternally grateful.

**** Essendon. It'll be ten thousand days before they get within 5 goals of a final let alone win one.

Since Essendon last won a final, 2004, their average finals scores have been

120.6 to 71.6 -- average loss 49 points.

Take away the two close ones (2 goals) and its 145.3 to 71 -- 74.3 average loss.

Imagine playing hard all year to get belted by over 12 goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back