Bluemour Discussion Thread XIV - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am certain SOS talks to Carlton supporters whenever its being recorded, not to the media as such. And he tells it straight, no pork pies.

He is talking to a number of different types and yes we are one of those groups. The fact he has continually left the door ajar and was only discussing pick 1 makes me think he is shopping the future first and or both firsts for an elite player.

Don't forget that todays truth is tomorrows pork pie.

Just hold onto pick 1 this year and our remaining picks next year. Call this trade period done and take walsh. Its a great off season imo

Tend to agree here. Now that we've missed out on Shiel I believe unless we get staggering overs for pick 1;

- Keep pick 1
- Keep our first next year

If we suck we get another top 3-5 selection. Then we trade our 2020 first like we were going to do this year for a gun.

IF we suck in 2020 then the reset was a complete disaster (first draftees of that team will be fifth year pros at this point)

Jeez we've been dumb this year, our depth is going to be our Achilles heal for years and won't survive the natural attrition a club goes through each season, particularly with our list profile. The club must think that the quality free agents are going to appear out of thin air and come flocking to club, won't happen. We've gone from clever tactics to power tactics and that's just dumb for a bottom club.

Did I miss something? Is the trade & draft period over?

I can see quite a few people on here really want Kelly.

I'd personally rather 2-3 high quality role players and retain our young talent.

My concern with acquiring Kelly is that we'll end up having a massive cap squeeze at some stage like GWS cause we'll have a large group of players commanding big coin at the same time.

Don't want to see us go through what GWS are currently experiencing.

Kind of part of the reason why I'm not phased about missing Shiel.

You front load any big contract you get now then in 5-6 years when they're a free agent you've already got the others under longer term contracts. Otherwise, agreed.

I seriously don’t understand the amount of people who don’t want Walsh. I swear people are just trying to find reasons not to take him.

He’s the clear best player in this draft
Yeah I don't get it either , at very very worst he's gonna be a more contested Tom Scully with super leadership (something about the way he moves looks like Scully to me) and at the best a triple premiership captain...

I'd personally rather 2-3 high quality role players and retain our young talent.

My concern with acquiring Kelly is that we'll end up having a massive cap squeeze at some stage like GWS cause we'll have a large group of players commanding big coin at the same time.

I'd rather have the problem of salary cap issues if it comes with finishing top 4 every year like GWS.

I'd be happy with Pick 1 and change. 2 firsts, given one of them is pick 1 is a bit much.

However getting Kelly would make our existing crop of kids that much better

"why even bother asking?" Ahhh maybe because it's trade week and we (potentially) have something that both Adelaide clubs are absolutely desperate for; Lukosious or Rankine (via pick #2). Don't underestimate how keen they are on both these boys & both clubs have multiple picks within the first round. Nothing is inconceivable.

Also Crouch had a horrible run with injury this year - most of which (reportedly) was caused by poor decisions by Crows fitness team. And reportedly he's quite bitter about it.

Crouch is a VIC boy and might be excited to work with Andrew Russell.

Although Crouch coming to Carlton is highly unlikely - looked at logically it's not such a bad idea for him to consider.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dint worry about salary cap. We'll just let Kelly cut some laps on Lygon in the private jet. Can just see him hanging out the pilots window yelling "Mate, move yer ******* shitbox VL turbo or I'll hitch it up and dump it in the Yarra!"

Last edited by a moderator:
He is talking to a number of different types and yes we are one of those groups. The fact he has continually left the door ajar and was only discussing pick 1 makes me think he is shopping the future first and or both firsts for an elite player.

Don't forget that todays truth is tomorrows pork pie.
Not me....I take it at its worth and hope we will still have our picks come draft time. Not that I will be upset if we trade, just have reservations. We will see soon enough....:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Honestly I would laugh for a week if we snaffled Shiel from those cheating, drug induced craven filth!

Oh the Mirth!

As a Free Agent next year would be even funnier!!!!
Judging by what the ITK posters said Dylan is basically dead to us now.

I don't think Dylan's parents will be getting any invites to Presidents Lunches or massive free Membership upgrades next year!!!!!!

The appeal of a Kelly, on top of his sublime skills, is that he immediately elevates our current midfielders and reduces pressure and Crippa. It generates excitement within the group and by consequence this should drive improve training standards. The benefits are huge and therefore the cost is extreme.

Would I do it - in a heartbeat.

Will it happen - no chance at all. GWS are smart operators and taking this pain now gives them the ammunition to hold him next year.

Its nice to dream especially when our fall back position is taking Walsh this year.

Would be hilarious if he came crawling back to us and we told him to get stuffed. You had your chance. We're happy with Setters buddy!

Nup it would be "sorry Dylan - but once you made it clear you didn't want to join us we made commitments elsewhere. Since we know "you love the club" you can show your love by joining as FA next year (on $500K per year).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back