Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything on Ross Lyon or Kingley?

After reading a few things about Adam Kingsley I thought he was going to be a big chance.

Google "Voss sacked as coach" and read as the herald sun reported he was sacked in fear of mass player walkouts. He was polarising and clashed with a lot of players.
Interesting. If Voss causes player walk out he’s no good, but as Stig mentioned earlier 1/2 the playing list left in Cooks first 3 years, but that is good culture building.

and the boards approval to pursue a renewal and top up strategy

Just like Chris Scott isn’t pursuing the same veterans and top ups strategy on his own

that’s a whole club decision to try to make finals, stay relevant and top up. Just as it is to go full blow it up and rebuild.

Voss might not have even wanted that approach
That’s a good point. I hadn’t properly considered it from perspective that Voss may not have even been pro some of those ill-fated list/player related decisions .

Supporters want a formal selection process.
Club appoints 3 qualified members of the selection comitee including the best ceo in the league
Supporters bag the outcome.
Here is a thought for you. When there was no process. Supporters were ecstatic with the outcome and built a train to celebrate....Train went nowhere
Exactly, I'm just glad there seems to have been a process this time. Last time it was 'we don't want a coach with training wheels' and then hiring one due to public pressure.

Seems like we haven't got who we really wanted but will find the coach through an actual process

He may turn out to be great, he may turn out to be s**t but at least they've interviewed quite a few candidates and will take who they deem is the best candidate.

No-one on here knows who is good or bad as a coach.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

People complaining about Voss and Bradshaw are probably the same people wanting us to limp Murphy to 300 games. We wish we had someone who has the balls to make those hard decisions that the players aren't just getting carried to milestones.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Google "Voss sacked as coach" and read as the herald sun reported he was sacked in fear of mass player walkouts. He was polarising and clashed with a lot of players.

Interesting you failed to mention that he was the midfield coach at Port this year where Travis Boak had one of his finest years and Ollie Wines went from a good midfielder to a superstar...
01761221-95F0-4991-977B-86702341A5AB.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Royal Blues was never ITK - he was harping the same tune with Shiel, Cogs and Paps
There were other ITK's that got those names wrong too
I’m not sure any of those names where wrong at the time circumstances seemed to change late in a fluid landscape

Paps was ours. It was simple. Daniher trade didn't pan out and Sydney had already traded out several players and didn't want to lose another. Right decision for them in hindsight. Things change.

Shiel and Cogs a different story. Would not surprise me if there was mediocre interest, but their player manager's "played" us right to the end to get the best contract for their client. Gave us false hope. GWS and AFL certainly bent right over for Cogs crazy overinflated deal.

Anyone who said Clarkson was locked in was completely wrong

No. I don't believe this. Clarkson said last night that he had several discussions with his family to make his decision. He probably flip flopped from being keen to take the role and not. Huge decision for him. His family steered the decision (and rightly so!).

It was always a tough ask to compete with a 900k paid holiday on Jeff's dime, after 17 years in the box seat.

No. I don't believe this. Clarkson said last night that he had several discussions with his family to make his decision. He probably flip flopped from being keen to take the role and not. Huge decision for him. His family steered the decision (and rightly so!).

It was always a tough ask to compete with a 900k paid holiday on Jeff's dime, after 17 years in the box seat.
Regardless of what he was thinking he was never locked in

With the player walkout of Brisbane back when Voss was coach, from memory it was the younger players, not the experienced. They were not given a fair go which is exactly how Teague coached, not giving our younger players a fair go. Voss has done heaps since then to evolve into a successful coach and has the drive to succeed, and going by the reported payments he is definitely not just in for the money, which I think Clarkson would have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back