Bluemour Melting Pot XXXII - Reaching fever pitch! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brander is not delisted yet, nor will he be before the end of the trade period. Unless he delists himself?

He too is a former first-round pick. A straight-ish swap is probably not silly. Assuming he wants to come.
If you don't have a contract on the table it's treated as different than if you refuse to sign a contract.

Brander will automatically become a free agent. SPS will have to go to the draft as we've offered him a contract (assuming our contract we offered him wasn't a bullshit minimum wage offer).

West coast would have to offer brander an AFL median wage contract for him to not become a free agent.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Who are you looking at instead???

Well as I say there are numerous factors, including SPS himself, whom whilst I don't neccesarily agree he is a conditional player, I felt he often dropped his bundle too many times when the team was struggling.
Unfortunately, it's probably for the best interest of both club and player that we part ways with SPS.

Not fit enough to play as a modern midfielder and didn't show his top range of ability all too often. The rumblings started immediately and he had some very solid patches but both parties are better off moving on.

Still think he has more trade value than Brander, Eagles don't have much else to offer either. I could reconcile:

Samo and 2022 3rd for
Brander and 36

Well as I say there are numerous factors, including SPS himself, whom whilst I don't neccesarily agree he is a conditional player, I felt he often dropped his bundle too many times when the team was struggling.
Unfortunately, it's probably for the best interest of both club and player that we part ways with SPS.
I think that a coach deciding that he'll play young midfielders on the flanks and in the pockets instead of developing them in the positions they were drafted in should bear the brunt of the blame, personally.

Teague destroyed SPS as a footballer. Square pegs in round holes

He was under-developed way before Teague took over. For a pick 5 to slump to the depths he has over the course of his career, when he's highly talented but not been able to demonstrate it sits with our development in my eyes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And assuming we'd want him. We have enough of our own fringe players.

Brander can football. And if there's one team where there's no shame in not being able to crack the 22 as a tall, it's West Coast.

He's 195 cm, from Bendigo, so probably even ticks the magical "supported Carlton growing up" box. People talk about backup for an ageing Liam Jones: look no further.

I am bummed the Petrevski-Seton wants out. But Jarrod Brander would be a one good way to turjn this sow's ear into a silk purse. If there are steak knives as well, so much the better, but a straight swap would be a decent/fair(ish) outcome. I'd be happy, anyway.

It does feel to me that we failed SPS in a way. It is never a 1 way street of course, but it seemed to me that he really loved the club, committed himself professionally, fitted in well with the group.......but it just wasn't working.

At 23, he just wasn't the player that he looked like being. I think between his 18th year hamstring injuries and us failing to develop him better, a huge talent has stagnated.

Not all our fault of course, it's hard to put into words but it just seemed his brain never got over those hammy issues and he couldn't/wouldn't hit the GO button on his pace or kicking over 20 metres. Like his brain wouldn't let him at the last second.

He used to sweep on the ball as a young player and kick it reasonably long on either feet. A distance/damage per disposal player. But at 23 he looked confused and hesitant(not scared).

I hope a change of scenery and a new set of voices can clear his mind and help him succeed. Seems like a good kid.

He was under-developed way before Teague took over. For a pick 5 to slump to the depths he has over the course of his career, when he's highly talented but not been able to demonstrate it sits with our development in my eyes.

And / Or the players motivation and commitment levels ...

Bit flat, but unsurprised.

Samo's gotta do what's best for his career, and on balance that's find a new home somewhere else, and a side with a somewhat aging midfield and a fair draft hand/wantaway tall is a good landing spot.

I think SPS has shown more than Brander, is only 1 year older with around 70 more senior games to his name. A straight swap would appear to favour WC pretty heavily, especially as they're effectively showing Brander the door by not offering him a contract (whether we're doing the same to SPS, I'm not sure).

SPS for Brander and ~29 would be something I could probably accept., maybe a future pick sweetener for WC as well
Flick 6 for Cerra, straight up.
Then package our 25 and 29 to WB for 17 and a future pick/pick swap.

OUT: 6, 25 and SPS
IN: Cerra, Brander, 17 (Wanganeen-Milera is one I think looks good here)
FA: Hewett

Not surprised with SPS. Doesn't bother me either. We can't get the best out of him it seems.

Now I'll wait and read on here how we need to get 5 first round draft picks and a player for him

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Straight swap for Brander from WC

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you don't have a contract on the table it's treated as different than if you refuse to sign a contract.

Brander will automatically become a free agent. SPS will have to go to the draft as we've offered him a contract (assuming our contract we offered him wasn't a bullshit minimum wage offer).

West coast would have to offer brander an AFL median wage contract for him to not become a free agent.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

WCE are not going to let him walk for free. He's a 22yo former pick 13.

They don't have to delist him until after the end of the trade period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back