Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, I never said Mitchell was a better player than Petracca, there would be no hesitation who I’d choose if I were to have a choice. They are vastly different players.

My point in that post was, why would Sydney’s, Brisbane’s, Geelongs, even the Bulldogs and Ports midfields be better than ours, if we added Michell?

I don’t think it would be better than Melbourne’s fwiw, not unless Cripps got back to close to his best

No need to mention that Mitchell finished higher than Petracca in the brownlow then.
Has nothing to do with it.

Bulldogs midfield would still be better for sure.

Up to 6 of Carltons biggest stars have taken pay cuts to facilitate Cerra getting across to us per 7news

This really worries me. The fact that we needed people to take pay cuts to fit Cerra's contract says we're very tight on salary cap.

He's talking to us at a base level because that's the part of us that follows this game.

Part of me cringes but another part thinks having a twat for chair is something a lot of successful clubs have had (especially pies & hawks) in the last few years.
A passionate extrovert seems to drive engagement internally and externally, the trick is to get rid of them before the verbosity becomes a liability (also pies & hawks).

Tf2IzOq.jpeg

dGFe7b1.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This really worries me. The fact that we needed people to take pay cuts to fit Cerra's contract says we're very tight on salary cap.

Human nature is a funny thing - I only care about the bastard that wouldn't take a haircut LOL.

Seven players prob include Harry, Charlie, Williams, Saad, Cripps, Weiters, Martin
as long as Williams is one of them, I'm OK.

I'll say the piker was Saad - literally because I didn't like the way he congratulated Stocker after that goal. Ridiculous, but that's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

Human nature is a funny thing - I only care about the bastard that wouldn't take a haircut LOL.

Seven players prob include Harry, Charlie, Williams, Saad, Cripps, Weiters, Martin
as long as Williams is one of them, I'm OK.

I'll say the piker was Saad - literally because I didn't like the way he congratulated Stocker after that goal. Ridiculous, but that's my theory and I'm sticking with it.
I don't think Martin is on big money, only year on big money was the first year aside from that he was on $500k a year.

I'd say perhaps Williams or Saad is a fair guess considering we brought them in on big money only a year ago. Or Harry, considering he only just signed a new deal a few months ago. Taking a pay cut only 6 months later would be a bit odd.

Yes… only 1 player refused a pay cut.

So effectively Liddle was full of s**t at mid year when he said we had room for 1-2 good players.

Players Shouldn't have had to take a pay cut for his statement to be true

Last edited:
Up to 6 of Carltons biggest stars have taken pay cuts to reduce the pressure on cap space to get Cerra across per 7news including Walshy, Crippa, Weiters, and Harry & 2 others

Jake Niall reported earlier this week that Cerra’s contract wasn’t anywhere near the $750,000pa that was being bandied about, and that it was closer to $650,000 - he didn’t mention anything about paycuts to other players - if Tim Watson is spouting this I dare say it’s his usual “Carlton baiting”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back