Jerome

Club Legend
Feb 3, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows, Centrals
Nathan Bock has been removed from todays Eagles side by the AFC. Ordinary selction IMO.

Does anyone know who is out for the Crows?

Jerome said:
Nathan Bock has been removed from todays Eagles side by the AFC. Ordinary selction IMO.

Does anyone know who is out for the Crows?
Whatever your opinion of Bock , you must support NC in playing these players to see what they can and cant do. Some hard decisions will have to be made in the next 4 months ..how can you do that from SANFL form?

Oh and at a guess I would say McGregor

PerthCrow said:
Whatever your opinion of Bock , you must support NC in playing these players to see what they can and cant do. Some hard decisions will have to be made in the next 4 months ..how can you do that from SANFL form?

Oh and at a guess I would say McGregor
How can NC justify selecting N Bock in front of Fergus Watts and even Mark Stevens for that.

Wayne's-World said:
Bock probably gives NC a bit of flexibility and he is the future which is probably why he got the nod over M.Stevens
Cheers WW

Can Stevens play in the back lines?Where would you play Bock or Watts? As I also said..we have to find out about some of these players before its too late.

crows98 said:
How can NC justify selecting N Bock in front of Fergus Watts and even Mark Stevens for that.
Well from your coments you dont watch SANFL football . If you did watch it you would know that Mark Stevens this year (not today's game :D ) has been playing well below his normal form ,very bad in fact for an AFL forward not to try and have shots at goal last week. Watts on the other hand like Bock has been palying well for the eagles .
If i could say please watch the local comp or ask people who do (plenty of posts on this forum on how our guys are doing)before making statements like the above. Sorry if this comes of too strong but i have been listerning to the so called local experts pleading for Stevens to play for the Crows, and im left thinking am i at the wrong game watching the wrong Mark Stevens play .

thanks thats my rant over

Wayne's-World said:
Bock probably gives NC a bit of flexibility and he is the future which is probably why he got the nod over M.Stevens
I can understand the selection but watching him tonight it's obvious he will never make it!

Nige_Bix said:
I can understand the selection but watching him tonight it's obvious he will never make it!

Although the signs aren't promising at the moment, I'm not prepared to add Bocks name to the 2005/2006 delistings just yet. I just hope he doesn't turn into another Ian Perrie, tries hard and that's it.

2005/2006 delsitings:

S Stevens, Smith, Perrie, Skipworth, Ladhams, Begley, Bode, Scuie, Kruger, Massie.

SpringChoke said:
Although the signs aren't promising at the moment, I'm not prepared to add Bocks name to the 2005/2006 delistings just yet. I just hope he doesn't turn into another Ian Perrie, tries hard and that's it.

2005/2006 delsitings:

S Stevens, Smith, Perrie, Skipworth, Ladhams, Begley, Bode, Scuie, Kruger, Massie.

I would keep Perrie and delist Bock. Perrie adds A LOT more than Bock. Nathan consistently drops the undropable, and despite his SANFL form (and that's all he is, an SANFL player) should never be seen in the blue, red and gold again going by his recent performances.

Agree with S.Stevens, Smith, Massie and Schuback.

Skipworth has been pretty good this year and if he continues his form he won't be delisted.

Ladhams probably will but given our lack of crumbers he could maintain a spot, though his lack of selection points to his demise.

Begley is definitely out of form but something tells me Craig will give him a little more time. Yes he's been disappointing but unlike Bock, Schuback, etc we all know he's capable of so much more.

Bode IMO will be kept. Provides back-up support in terms of midfielders and can still play at this level. Might even get a spot in the team next week.

Krueger is an interesting one. Could prove valuable with his height, strength and ability, but is constantly injured. Perhaps a 1 year contract? I would bide my time with Krueger for a little while longer.

Therefore...
Delistings: S. Stevens, Massie, Smith, Schuback, Bock, M. Stevens (poss. retired), Clarke (retired), (poss. Begley, Krueger and Ladhams).

PerthCrow said:
Cheers WW

Can Stevens play in the back lines?Where would you play Bock or Watts? As I also said..we have to find out about some of these players before its too late.
He came to AFC as a failed forward with North and made his reputation as a defender so yes but I'm not sure how good his mobility is now and that may be a hindrance.

Bock is a defender first

Watts I would play in a FP, but at AFL level definately a forward ;)

Disagree with Scott Stevens getting delisted, before injury he was seriously pushing for selection and given our forward line he will most certainly get a crack this year, also in the wizard cup i believe against Port he was one of our best players and also against Sydney he was very good.

Massie is still very capable of playing AFL and should not be delisted, would also like to see Schuback and Ladhams kept as cumbing forwards.

Hope Mark Stevens plays on for another year as i still think he has plenty to offer.

So 2005 Delistings: Matthew Smith, Matthew Clarke(Retired), Joshua Krueger, John Hinge(Rookie), Rowan Andrews(Rookie), Nathan Bock

mickyj said:
Well from your coments you dont watch SANFL football . If you did watch it you would know that Mark Stevens this year (not today's game :D ) has been playing well below his normal form ,very bad in fact for an AFL forward not to try and have shots at goal last week. Watts on the other hand like Bock has been palying well for the eagles .
If i could say please watch the local comp or ask people who do (plenty of posts on this forum on how our guys are doing)before making statements like the above. Sorry if this comes of too strong but i have been listerning to the so called local experts pleading for Stevens to play for the Crows, and im left thinking am i at the wrong game watching the wrong Mark Stevens play .

thanks thats my rant over
Go and read a few other posts on BF before trying shot someone down.

I have watched every single WWT games this year and understand that Mark Stevens may not have been playing up to his potential but he is a seasoned performer who could turn it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SpringChoke said:

2005/2006 delsitings:

Can we please start with the correct order when mentioning delistings - Smith always comes first in my delisting alphabet. ;)

The players we should first delist are the ones that we know will never be of any value at all.

Smith and Schuback to the plate please. Wheel Kruger out in his wheelchair.

Pension cheques to Clarke and possibly Mark Stevens come next.

Then come the ones that just don't quite have it, either in ability or attitude. Massie, S.Stevens, Ladhams and Bock in that order come to mind quite readily.

That's 9 without trying, and I can't see them doing more than 7 to 8.

It's like Survivor - who will the Tribal Council vote off?? :cool:

J.Gallagher #1 said:
Disagree with Scott Stevens getting delisted, before injury he was seriously pushing for selection and given our forward line he will most certainly get a crack this year, also in the wizard cup i believe against Port he was one of our best players and also against Sydney he was very good.

Massie is still very capable of playing AFL and should not be delisted, would also like to see Schuback and Ladhams kept as cumbing forwards.

Hope Mark Stevens plays on for another year as i still think he has plenty to offer.

So 2005 Delistings: Matthew Smith, Matthew Clarke(Retired), Joshua Krueger, John Hinge(Rookie), Rowan Andrews(Rookie), Nathan Bock

So you'd delist Hinge already? Yet you'd reward mediocrity and non-performance of older players like Schuback, Ladhams, S Stevens and Massie?

Well...I guess your name is J Gallagher 1...

crows98 said:
Go and read a few other posts on BF before trying shot someone down.

I have watched every single WWT games this year and understand that Mark Stevens may not have been playing up to his potential but he is a seasoned performer who could turn it on.

I stand corrected wasnt trying to have a fight , but listerning to all the footy experts on AA demanding stevens must play was driving me mad. When a player like mark stevens has been so out of form (before yesterday in the backlines)it shows that the footy experts havent been watching the SANFL.
Not sure that Mark could turn it on this year in either leagues forward line ,last year yes not this year im afraid.

Once again im sorry for my comments just my thoughts

just maybe said:
So you'd delist Hinge already? Yet you'd reward mediocrity and non-performance of older players like Schuback, Ladhams, S Stevens and Massie?

Well...I guess your name is J Gallagher 1...

yeah, I thought that was quite funny.

mickyj said:
I stand corrected wasnt trying to have a fight , but listerning to all the footy experts on AA demanding stevens must play was driving me mad. When a player like mark stevens has been so out of form (before yesterday in the backlines)it shows that the footy experts havent been watching the SANFL.
Not sure that Mark could turn it on this year in either leagues forward line ,last year yes not this year im afraid.

Once again im sorry for my comments just my thoughts

5AA have no idea when it comes to the SANFL. I don't blame you for being frustrated listening to them. I stopped listening to them sometime ago. You are spot on in regards to Stevo's form.

Jerome said:
5AA have no idea when it comes to the SANFL. I don't blame you for being frustrated listening to them. I stopped listening to them sometime ago. You are spot on in regards to Stevo's form.
They are too perochial and biased in their opinion - no credibility!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back