Boston Marathon Explosions

Remove this Banner Ad

Young chicks radio interview while her street was in lockdown and the young lad with the throat injury was hiding in a boat.

!

Poor girl is seriously distressed...apparently she witnessed the older brother being slaughtered..

The irony of running the first Boston Marathon since the bombings in a Bombers jumper

lw0b.jpg

There is something overwhelmingly cringeworthy about seeing Australians overseas wearing AFL guernseys -
Does it bother you when tourists come here in Chelsea or Liverpool (will leave Man U out given half the population here supports them) polos/jerseys?

It's a "Bombers" jumper Nathan.
I understand the insensitivity of wearing a Bombers jumper, obviously.
I do not understand why wearing any AFL guernsey overseas can be considered cringeworthy, particularly by people on an AFL forum.
It's like an underlying insecurity in people here.

I do not understand why wearing any AFL guernsey overseas can be considered cringeworthy, particularly by people on an AFL forum.

Have no problem with footy fans wearing jumpers overseas or here , to each his own.

I saw the story on the 9 news and when they showed a "Bombers" jumper at the 1st anniversary Boston marathon I thought I wonder if the guy realised , I doubt many Americans over there would have made the connection.

I guess it would be like wearing a Gold Coast stingrays top to Steve Irwins Australia Zoo

Have no problem with footy fans wearing jumpers overseas or here , to each his own.

I saw the story on the 9 news and when they showed a "Bombers" jumper at the 1st anniversary Boston marathon I thought I wonder if the guy realised , I doubt many Americans over there would have made the connection.

I guess it would be like wearing a Gold Coast stingrays top to Steve Irwins Australia Zoo
Indeed, there's just that underlying but probably unrealised insensitivity there.

I have no problem with tourists wearing their local team's gear nor Australians going overseas in AFL/NRL gear - obviously you have to question the mental capacity of people who go into more volatile areas with green, gold and the southern cross splashed across their chest, which is different.

Indeed, there's just that underlying but probably unrealised insensitivity there.

I have no problem with tourists wearing their local team's gear nor Australians going overseas in AFL/NRL gear - obviously you have to question the mental capacity of people who go into more volatile areas with green, gold and the southern cross splashed across their chest, which is different.

Doggies jumper your first item of clothing packed when you travel by the sounds of it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Australians are generally just embarassed of themselves. Get over it FFS. If we were yanks in an NFL forum and saw someone wearing an NFL jersey overseas we'd all high 5 each other then go out for a beer and a plate of buffalo wings.

Don't see why wearing AFL guersneys overseas is an issue.

Wearing a bombers outfit to the Boston Marathon though might be pushing the envelope a bit.

At the same time where do you draw the line - Can I not wear a demon's jumper around a church either?

Meh

I don't think wearing AFL jumpers overseas is offensive in anyway shape or form. I just cringe when I see it though - I guess I see it as a 'Look at me, I'm Australian'

I guess that also stems from the fact that the only time I ever wear a Crows guernsey is when I am actually at a Crows' game. I wouldn't wear it around normally, so I wouldn't wear it overseas either -

Remove this Banner Ad

Back