Autopsy Brave Swans fall 9 points short

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Boys gave it their all for Parker 250th reckon he would be quietly proud behind the scenes.

Mills * me did he try hard all day or what? sure didn't get much of it but never stopped trying

Heeney pretty tough to play out the game with a huge corkie much respect to him for sticking it out and trying to play through it

Papley does this bloke bleed for the team or what? always backs his own skill and judgement sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but hey who can doubt him

Blakey how good is his defensive running from HB? always tries to create options just wasn't his day today most of his little dangerous kicks were called not 15.

Conditions were extremely difficult for goal kicking hopefully most of the players out there brought wind gauges in their pockets could make a big difference in September

Solid hitout at the MCG good for our younger brigade to get more exposure playing infront of a vocal and loud crowd.

Yep one of the worse losses we have had in the last few years.
We have had at least four of those this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfield just went missing at wrong times. Seemed unable to hold off patches of momentum which has been killer all year.

Ultimately though I think goalkicking decided it - Sydney missed a few too many gettable ones and Essendon basically nailed every shot they had. xScore will look interesting here.

I get the feeling that 9 times out of 10 that's a relatively forgettable win for us. But that's cold comfort for today. Makes the 8 race a lot harder especially after the Saints gave us a second favour (first being their pissweak effort last week).

We keep throwing away chances to consolidate our finals spot. This game is lost off our own boot here,
To be honest I'd rather not make finals when we drop these type of games.
The club need to celebrate Parkers 250th with a clip put up of Parker showing Shiel disrespect a few weeks ago.
That should be replayed on the wall of the club rooms for 10 years so that everyone that pulls on a red & white jumper going forward can learn that no matter who you are at this club, you never show disrespect to another player that goes out onto a footy field in the AFL.

I hated that he did it a few weeks ago & I hate it even more now.
Embarrassed as a supporter, not by the loss but because we lost to the team on the receiving end of that disrespect.

I think our contested work is too inconsistent. How can a first year player like Hobbs dominate in tight? Who do you drop though and who do you bring in? Rowbottom plays well in patches but then goes missing. For all the good he does, Chad is the same. Mills down today. Do we just persist with our on ball setup or do we change personnel to introduce consistency?

As mentioned, we need to be able to weather down periods better as well. Is it time to bring Gould in? Cunningham back? Or do we hang tough and have faith the team can click?

Clarke out a stinker of a call. You know we would have gotten 100% from him, and we certainly didn't get that from plenty of others today.

I have said this all year, when under pressure our defensive structure breaks down…..so many sides walk the ball forward to uncontested marks and a shot inside 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back