Autopsy Brave Swans fall 9 points short

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of consistency he still has it & that's what a skipper must have. Parker hasn't played as poor a game as Mills did on Saturday for a while now.

Parkeris an ordinary skipper imo,

I know i am a neutral supporter, but the game plan seemed a bit weird. A lot of just bombing it instead of being patient and chipping it around.

Warner and Parker seem to be big culprits of this
It’s why among all the plaudits for Warner, I couldn’t have him listed as our best.

Lots of explosive running followed by a fairly aimless bomb.

Contrast with Paddy Mac, who on the rare occasion he gets it in an attacking position, has the temperament and ability to generally deliver a laser-like bullet to a forward.

How can anyone say "it was tongue in cheek" when you read what he said after making the title.

Boys gave it their all for Parker 250th reckon he would be quietly proud behind the scenes.
Mills * me did he try hard all day or what? sure didn't get much of it but never stopped trying
Heeney pretty tough to play out the game with a huge corkie much respect to him for sticking it out and trying to play through it
Papley does this bloke bleed for the team or what? always backs his own skill and judgement sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but hey who can doubt him
Blakey how good is his defensive running from HB? always tries to create options just wasn't his day today most of his little dangerous kicks were called not 15.
Conditions were extremely difficult for goal kicking hopefully most of the players out there brought wind gauges in their pockets could make a big difference in September
Solid hitout at the MCG good for our younger brigade to get more exposure playing infront of a vocal and loud crowd.

That seems to me that he was fair dinkum in his assessment that we were brave. The title should have been altered by the mods.
It was sarcasm. 200% minimum.

I think it is reasonably straightforward. We need two A grade mids - one in and under beast and one Hannebery style outside runner. No Heeney in the middle.

We also need to switch to one on one when the zone is being picked through. I strongly believe that we would have stemmed the tide in the second half against ESS.

Finally, we need a defensive forward. Full time. AFL seems to have evolved into a turnover game off half back. This needs to be stopped.

The rest is up to the coaches to fire up the squad and bring the intensity for four qtrs.

I’m sure this is an overly simplistic way to look at the game but there we have it.
Agree totally that when the zone defence fails for periods in a game the players should switch to man on man, stem the tide and revert back once we take back control of the game again

Boys gave it their all for Parker 250th reckon he would be quietly proud behind the scenes.

Mills * me did he try hard all day or what? sure didn't get much of it but never stopped trying

Heeney pretty tough to play out the game with a huge corkie much respect to him for sticking it out and trying to play through it

Papley does this bloke bleed for the team or what? always backs his own skill and judgement sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but hey who can doubt him

Blakey how good is his defensive running from HB? always tries to create options just wasn't his day today most of his little dangerous kicks were called not 15.

Conditions were extremely difficult for goal kicking hopefully most of the players out there brought wind gauges in their pockets could make a big difference in September

Solid hitout at the MCG good for our younger brigade to get more exposure playing infront of a vocal and loud crowd.
Yeah, it has been a good but inconsistent season so far. I think we are missing blokes like Dawson & Hewett. Their experience would be pretty useful in these iffy games like the Essendon loss.

Mills is dipping in form a bit and, perhaps, sending him back when we are in trouble is not the best idea long term.

We cannot afford to miss makeable goals, especially senior players like Franklin and Reid. Papley had a horrible day in front of the big sticks.

I reckon we will bounce back against the Doggies but it will be tough!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back