Past Brendan Fevola (2010-2011)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brendan Fevola

Match Review Panel

Brendan Fevola, Brisbane Lions, has been charged with a first offence for engaging in a melee at three quarter time of the round 15 match between the Brisbane Lions and St Kilda, played at the Gabba on Saturday July 10, 2010.

In summary, he can accept a $1200 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for engaging in a melee is a $1600 sanction. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a $1200 sanction

13/07

All seven Lions players have accepted fines from the AFL Match Review Panel for their involvement in last Saturday night's melee.

Brendan Fevola KO's homesick talk

LIONS spearhead Brendan Fevola has dismissed rumours he is homesick and wants to leave Brisbane.

Fevola's wife Alex and their three children moved back to Melbourne more than two months ago, but the dual Coleman medallist said speculation he wanted to return to Victoria was off the mark.

Fevola also laughed off rumours of a fight with Lions captain Jonathan Brown at a barbecue to celebrate Fevola's 200th senior match last month.

There is another e-mail doing the rounds which alleges (where doe these people get these things from) that Fev is going to the Pies next year and that the deal has already been done.

Will it ever stop?

Ooh Aah Ash McGrath

Ash, I’m getting sick of all these Fev rumours. Can you please put to rest the rumour that Fev will not be at the Lions next season so I can shut the in-laws up? My kids love the guy and would be devastated if he left.
Kerri from Reservoir (VIC)

He’s here to stay. He even said so himself at a junior footy club visit yesterday. He seems to be the target of a few false rumours lately. But luckily Fev has thick skin and those things don’t bother him too much.

fevr.jpg

If he was going to go to the pies he would have done so last year. Seriously, I don't know what's worse, the fact that these baseless rumours keep starting up or the fact that he needs to comment on them to dismiss them.

Funny the talks of him moving come after we put in a good game and fev gets some form back. Hard to find anything too negative there so we will just run with home sick this week.

Some would say that he brings alot of this on himself. I feel sorry for the bloke.

Lets be honest, if:

We were sitting comfortably in the eight (let's compare ourselves to Freo) cos
Voss had most of his backline available for most of the games thus far
Brown had played every game
Fev had played every game and was sitting level with Jack Riewoldt in goals

We would be hearing nothing (or perhaps the odd 'Brendan Fevola is coping well with his wife and children living in Melbourne".

Some would say that he brings alot of this on himself. I feel sorry for the bloke.

Lets be honest, if:

We were sitting comfortably in the eight (let's compare ourselves to Freo) cos
Voss had most of his backline available for most of the games thus far
Brown had played every game
Fev had played every game and was sitting level with Jack Riewoldt in goals

We would be hearing nothing (or perhaps the odd 'Brendan Fevola is coping well with his wife and children living in Melbourne".

Excellent observation:thumbsu:

It's as if the media has adopted the attitude that since the Lions are basically screwed for this season, they may as well have a bit of fun whipping up as much hysteria about Fev as possible.

..and the more negative and speculative the better

Fevola toasts brave Swan
  • Todd Balym
  • July 16, 2010 12:00AM
BRENDAN Fevola won't forget last year's clash with Ted Richards in a hurry - nor the beer he promised to buy the Sydney defender. Fevola now plays with the Brisbane Lions but he still remembers the horrific collision.

"You could definitely tell something was seriously wrong from the moment there was impact," Fevola told The Daily Telegraph. "Then there was the sound that came out of his mouth - it was just sickening. As soon as he hit the ground there was blood streaming out of his mouth."

A concerned Fevola called Richards after the game. "I rang him that night to see how he was going and told him that I owed him a beer," Fevola said. "I still haven't been able to catch up with him since, so I guess I still owe him one."

tedrichards.jpg

There is another e-mail doing the rounds which alleges (where doe these people get these things from) that Fev is going to the Pies next year and that the deal has already been done.

Will it ever stop?

I think I read that about 6 weeks ago. Pretty sure there was a thread on the main board as well.

He certainly makes a headline or two:eek:

Brendan Fevola upset at loss of most-hated tag
  • July 20, 2010 8:38AM
STEPHEN Milne has usurped Brendan Fevola as the most-hated player in the AFL - and the Brisbane Lions superstar is shattered at losing his title.

Milne took 32.3 per cent of the vote to claim Fevola's title. Fevola held 12.4 per cent of the vote, and Collingwood's Alan Didak got 12.1 per cent to be third.

Fevola could not believe he'd been stripped of the title. "I'm shattered," he said. "But I'm happy at least that the title has gone to my good mate, Stephen Milne."

fevola108.jpg

Brisbane Lions forward Brendan Fevola's iWatch raises cash for the National Stroke Foundation
  • The Courier-Mail
  • July 20, 2010 6:36PM
The Brisbane Lion came up with the iWatch concept to raise cash for the National Stroke Foundation and their Stroke of Genius competition. Late yesterday, Fev's handiwork was the most-viewed invention of all the celebs online, including Mark Beretta, Tim Costello and John Michael 'Hollywood' Howson.

Fevola says inspiration hit him while waiting for the team bus in Melbourne last month. A self-confessed clock-watcher, he thought it'd be easier to see texts, appointments and missed calls on his wrist.

fevola82.jpg

Fev's best foot forward for Alex

While the pair would not discuss the state of their marriage, the Brisbane Lions star was full of praise for his wife.

"I think football is a bit easier than dancing and looking after three kids. I've got a lot of nappies to catch up with," he told Today Tonight. "I have not seen the girls for about four weeks so it is really good to see the kids. You do miss your kids a lot. It has been great."

Although living apart, Brendan said he had been watching Alex's dancefloor performances. "I'm proud of her, she is doing really well," he said. "We did the waltz at our wedding, but I was not very good at it."

Ah the media, when they want to show off their Dancing with the Stars contestant Alex, they only show the good Fev. No sign of the bad Fev they had in all his stories this year.He looked like a normal dad who loves his kids. What a surprise.
Must miss his family though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Link

THE BRISBANE Lions’ form has mirrored that of high profile recruit Brendan Fevola, but coach Michael Voss was loath to criticise his full-forward after Saturday's 63-point mauling by Geelong at Skilled Stadium.

Fevola kicked just one goal from eight touches on Matthew Scarlett.

“On every line we have players that are going through tough periods. I think to pin that on one person would be unreasonable and unfair,” Voss said.

Most frustrating is Fevola's continued inability to take regulation marks on the lead.

Link

"I think we saw some good signs today…those couple of chases he made down the wing - it lifts people around you, it becomes inspiring," Voss said of Fevola."I'd like him to be sitting back and kicking eight goals and doing all those nice things but it's what comes first and for us it's about having that will to see out the game and he wanted to do that and I think that others wanted to do that also."
"I think he's effort was good, I didn't look up and think that he was dragging the chain at all, he's playing on a good opponent, the ball wasn't coming in all that flush, but it wasn't because of his effort."

fevola111.jpg

Dreamteam

IT HAS been brewing for several weeks but Brisbane Lions forward Brendan Fevola has finally assumed the dubious honour of the most disappointing performer in this year's Toyota AFL Dream Team competition.

It's been a staggering fall from grace for Fevola, who began the season rated at $393,300 and produced a 106-point game in debut for the Lions. However, it's been a steady downward spiral for the two-time Coleman Medallist since then, averaging less than 60 points for the season and just 42.8 points in the past five weeks.

Top 10 losers

1. Brendan Fevola (BL) $201,900 (-$191,400)

2. Leon Davis (Coll) $265,900 (-$169,500)
3. Richard Tambling (Rich) $226,800 (-$163,400)
4. Chance Bateman (Haw) $228,800 (-$147,300)
5. Josh Fraser (Coll) $246,500 (-$139,300)

fevola114.jpg

It may just be me, however I think Fevola needs to seriously lose some weight and regain his pace next year. He has looked slow and lathargic in almost every game post round 4. I've also never seen any afl player drop as many regulation marks.

I think his fitness has a bit to do with him playing injured for a decent period. He was playing but not training, and there has been a lift from him since he has started training again, but all the work in the pre season is pretty much gone.

Fev’s recent form has a real touch of the yips
Melanie Dinjaski

In Brisbane’s last 5 games, Fevola has scored just 9 goals – 4 of which came in an acceptable performance against St Kilda in Round 15. And in 3 of their last 4 matches, Fevola has scored just 1 goal! After a solid start to the season and the promise of seven-goal-a-game feats like those we saw at Carlton, this is certainly not a performance befitting of a champion full-forward.

He’s dropped sitters, made poor judgment on the field, displayed negative body language, and most devastatingly, his once lethal accuracy off the boot has been absent, resulting in missed goals left, right and centre. The trademark grit and flair we’ve all come to know and love has also been missing and difficult chances from the boundary have remained chances.

fevola115.jpg

Slump puts Fev in the gun
By John Clark and Sarah Widera
foxsports.com.au
July 27, 2010

The AFL season is a long one; just ask Brendan Fevola. The high-profile Brisbane Lions recruit was on top of the world after his opening month in new colours; now he's facing an uncertain future.

The figures and critics agree that Fevola, 29, is in a slump.

Now that the Bombers and Blues have won something and the Tigers are officially 'on track', the media spotlight has finally swung around to ... the Lions. Every talking heads show in Melbourne is leading with this and clearly it's all about Fev , under the assumption that Voss is untouchable at this point in time. I know the footy's not coming down lace out but he really has lost ALL - and I repeat ALL - his skills - Capper-esque.

I reckon he should just 'go under the knife' - ie get off the radar - and brace himself for the 'big pre-season' cause if we get pounded by the Bombers next time the team travels to Melbourne, Voss will be firmly in the headlights ( assuming the Blues win a few more ) and Fev may become the scapegoat - and a firesale may ensue.

Link

PLAYER TO WATCH

Is Brendan Fevola really interested? With talk around that he wants to go back to Melbourne, his performances have mirrored the team's and have fallen away. A bag of four in round 15 against the Saints is his only multiple effort since the mid-season break. He needs to start kicking goals again.

fevola112.jpg

Brendan Fevola must get hungry
  • Robert Craddock
  • July 30, 2010 12:00AM
AFL legend Kevin Bartlett said yesterday Brendan Fevola was letting the Brisbane Lions down through lack of effort, while other influential voices in the game questioned his future. Brownlow medallist James Hird claimed the Lions "should stick with him for another year, but if he keeps playing the way he is he is not worth his place in the side".

Former Bulldogs champion Luke Darcy said this week that Lions coach Michael Voss might eventually regard Fevola's recruitment as his biggest regret. Robert Walls said he had seen "many cases" of players having trouble relocating."I have a feeling that if Brisbane could get out of it and Fevola could get out of it, they would," Walls said.

fevola102.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back