Rumour Busted Brian Taylor sacked from Sat Night Footy/CH7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
good to see others saying they thought BT was a good commentator many years ago.

i thought he was good and was a supporter but over the last 4-5 years his standard has just gone downhill badly.

there are still many worse - luke darcy and dwayne russell leading the charge

He did used to be good, was able to get a good mix of humour and accuracy that you want. But now it's completely ridiculous and actually detracts from the game.

Just needs to get back to calling the game and worrying about the humour second

I like BT but he just needs to know when to reign it in a little.

Focusing on some quirky thing is fine at first (like Eli last night) but when you're still harping on about it two hours later it gets a bit much.

:(

I actually do like BT's call and you can take my word for it that I am not in the business of trolling.

I did grill my friend during tonight's game about where the rumour started from, but he could not disclose the source. He got some stern looks from me.

Take it for what it is, but my friend said word for word; "This week might be his last".
To absolve myself of any wrong doing, I say he's a filthy rotten liar ;)

I actually did notice he was VERY subdued tonight. Strangely professional...

That's harsh man, your just going way to far with that sort of stuff....

I blame Michael barlow.
Pre-Barlow - I thought he was the best, I looked forward to Sunday Twilight Football.
Since Barlow - I find him the most annoying commentator, I now refuse to watch seven's Saturday night football.

The initial call was good, the s**t put on loop was not.

Sounds like you stiffs want a drone commentating.

Cut out the big boy rubbish.

We want someone like Clinton Grybas was who just called the game straight up and used emotion with the feel of the game at that situation without bias and actually understood the game well. Not yelling for no reason like half the time like BT. No nick names or trying to insult fellow commentators and make himself feel big.

He does now.

I bet the same people who hate BT love Mat Campbell, Der'wayne Russell, Basil Semplis, Hamish Machlaclan and Tim Lane.

Imagine that grp fack me you'd be asleep 5 minutes in.
Matt Campbell is a good commentator, as is Tim Lane

No more drooling over Barlow, no more waffling about the "Geelong Falcons footy factory" (or whatever it was). Unless they replace him with Eddie McGuire it can only be an improvement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clinton Grybas was a fine commentator, but he's about as relevant now as Ron Casey. I'm sorry to say it, but he ain't in the mix any more. He passed six years ago. It sucks. But please move on. We've got the crapheads we've currently got and that's it.

Could be some truth to the original rumour, in that BT isn't too popular with his co-workers.

Dr Turf went on a classic rant, Sat morning on SEN, about all the behind the scenes in-fighting & bitching between all the footy media "personalities". Dr Turf is annoyed about how they're all falling over their egos & their over-inflated importance around in the footy scene.

The most interesting part was naming names of those having feuds, and he didn't hold back. I really hope SEN put it up on their website, there were so many, it was hilarious.

BT was named in one of the feuds, with the added on extra that he was fighting with just about everyone.

Could be some truth to the original rumour, in that BT isn't too popular with his co-workers.

Dr Turf went on a classic rant, Sat morning on SEN, about all the behind the scenes in-fighting & bitching between all the footy media "personalities". Dr Turf is annoyed about how they're all falling over their egos & their over-inflated importance around in the footy scene.

The most interesting part was naming names of those having feuds, and he didn't hold back. I really hope SEN put it up on their website, there were so many, it was hilarious.

BT was named in one of the feuds, with the added on extra that he was fighting with just about everyone.

what was said??

Don't listen to SEN is my advice

The squirming of Hutchy (that was him right?) was better.

That was the best bit - he even named Hutchy and his denial at best was as strong as the Dees backline

That was the best bit - he even named Hutchy and his denial at best was as strong as the Dees backline

Then tried to make it like Dr Turf had fallen out with everyone - well, he probably has, because they all have an ego the size of an American sports stars...was beautiful to hear

People want commentators who make it about the game not their own gimmicks. The directors/producers clearly tell Taylor to keep doing it.

Nine's cricket coverage is an example of how totally s**t it can get.

Spot on, BT was great at MMM, but comes to C7/AW, and it's all "wowee, big boy, footy factory"

I still wonder if he was directed on this to make him the new Rex Hunt (who he replaced on AW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back