Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Geelong by <30

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Geelong by 30+

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All week I've thought Geelong by 6-8 goals but our selection has made me a little less optimistic. 9 defenders in the side against the best attack in the game. I can't see Brisbane kicking a big score here so If Geelong can kick 80 points they'll win and I fully expect a low scoring game.

If Geelong win the midfield and keep the ball in their forward half I can't see Brisbane scoring freely enough score to win given the way we set up down back.

Geelong by 4 goals.
Agreed. Geelong to upset the apple cart today. I feel like they’ll get some form back. I think this will set them up for a good finals series.

Agreed. Geelong to upset the apple cart today. I feel like they’ll get some form back. I think this will set them up for a good finals series.
You have doubted us all year. How many games did you tip us in out of our 8 win streak. I guessing only gold coast.

I've been tipping Brisbane to win this for weeks and I've also been saying that Geelong haven't had much to play for since the bye and have pretty much been playing bruise free footy. I have also been saying that the last 3 rounds will tell me if Geelong are a genuine chance or not.

Now they have got something to play for and I'd like to think that last weeks performance against North was them starting to wake up again after their winter slumber.

Brisbane by 3 to 5 goals in a tough game and Geelong to give a good account of themselves.

Heart says Cats by 12 due to Dangerfields last quarter impact. Head says Brisbane by 20+.

Not often my emotional, rose tinted view backs the opposition but today it does.

Atmosphere around Brisbane has been awesome for this one. Fans out all week. True finals Atmosphere.

Head says Cats by 12 due to Dangerfields last quarter impact. Heart says Brisbane by 20+.

Not often my emotional, rose tinted view backs the opposition but today it does.

Atmosphere around Brisbane has been awesome for this one. Fans out all week. True finals Atmosphere.

Isn’t this what you meant mate?

Isn’t this what you meant mate?

No, that's why it's so weird. My biased heart thinks we'll lose but my head thinks we will take the four points. I'm just as confused as you are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not gonna be an easy one for us but i think we have what it takes to get over the Cats, Lions by 8

You watched many of our games this year or just highlights? You sound like my Geelong supporting mate who said similar, ‘soft draw’, ‘beaten nobody’; while admitting he hadn’t actually watched any of our games this year.
I've watched a fair amount of Brisbane this year and was one of the rare few to tip them to make the 8 at the start of the year in the ladder predictor thread so they haven't surprised me at all.

They're a good side.

Our defense stifles teams so this should be a good test for Brisbane. Win this and they're a big chance to go all the way.

I've watched a fair amount of Brisbane this year and was one of the rare few to tip them to make the 8 at the start of the year in the ladder predictor thread so they haven't surprised me at all.

They're a good side.

Shut it Nakia! s**t at tipping, s**t at Qooty.

;)

I haven't watched any geelong games this season. But all the commentary is they are old and slow. Been inconsistent the last 8 weeks. Played some good footy and some bad footy.

If we can pressure them like we have almost every other team we have played we should stop their clean ball movement. We are one of the fastest teams in the comp.

Oh and who doesn't like watching Gary Ablett Jr live?
The commentators and experts change their tune more frequently than macpotota. We've been old and slow according to them since midway through 2009.

Shut it Nakia! s**t at tipping, s**t at Qooty.

;)
Haha, I was leading the site tipping here until I moved back to Vic and had no internet to submit my tips. Then I gave up.

The commentators and experts change their tune more frequently than macpotota. We've been old and slow according to them since midway through 2009.
I just watched the cats walk into the stadium approx an hour ago. With not watching much footy it's easy to forget the cats still have stars on every line.

Back