Draft Profile Brodie Grundy

Remove this Banner Ad

The same ruck you where desperate to trade for and missed out on??? Grundy may become a player but he did fall all the way to 18 for a reson.
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/da...njury-in-the-vfl/story-fnhq5iat-1226675346972
Collingwood's 19-year-old Sturt ruck recruit Brodie Grundy held sway in the big man department with 24 possessions, 40 effective hitouts and two booming 55m goals, while former Carlton halfback Jordan Russell, 26, had 20 touches. -
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/da...njury-in-the-vfl/story-fnhq5iat-12266753469

Just thought it may make you smile.

Has to be straight in then as 40 effective hit outs would have to be a record. Box Hill do they have a ruckman ?

Box Hill had Lowden and Grimley as there Ruckman

Stats from Collingwoodfc.com.au:

35. Brodie Grundy
McRae Says:
Enjoyed the key responsibility of being the number one ruckman and had 85 per cent game time. He had 24 disposals but it was his 13 contested possessions and two goals that really stood out, as did his 39 hitouts and six clearances. He’s an exciting prospect, and to think of what he’s capable of if he can perform for four quarters going forward…
Statistics: 11 kicks, 5 marks, 13 handballs, 24 possessions, 6 clearances, 5 inside 50s, 0 rebound 50s, 6 tackles, 39 hitouts

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-07-09/mcraes-vfl-player-review

Watch him when they played Port Melbourne and was impressed. Noticed him in the warm up and I thought he had a hair tie or something. He played well that day, smart and pretty good mover for someone his size.

You guys got an absolute steal with Grundy and the other 2 SA boys in Kennedy and Broomhead will be class long term players for the Pies . Great draft !

Yeah Grundy is a Massive Steal. Still can't be 100% sure why he Fell

I read both goals were 55 out ....??

One was, the other was a snap around the corner after gathering from the ruck contest.

I couldn't believe Grundy fell past GWS' top three let alone all the way to 18, monumental error by some clubs.

If we hadn't traded pick 3 for Hogan I wanted Grundy and a mid with our first two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he isn't more value than Witts he will never play AFL

Witts is a 20 year old ruckman who averages .7 hitouts less a game than 22 year old Hickey but has kicked 4 goals in his 6 games this year to Hickeys 0 in 8 and Witts has been subbed out in 4 of those games. If Grundy can get 30 against West and Vardy, i am sure he can get the 10 Hickey averages.

Witts is a 20 year old ruckman who averages .7 hitouts less a game than 22 year old Hickey but has kicked 4 goals in his 6 games this year to Hickeys 0 in 8. If he can get 30 against West and Vardy i am sure he can get the 10 Hickey averages.

Witts has less physical presence than Josh Fraser.

Needs to work on it, think we can cut a young ruck a bit of slack though. Was very good against Adelaide, very poor against the Suns. I know you worry about Collingwood players a lot, but he has plenty to work with.[/quote

Not worried at all for some reason Hickey was mentioned. Grundy has to be better than Witts its a no brainer.

Witts has less physical presence than Josh Fraser.

What has Witts got to do with Grundy averaging 21.5 possessions 35 hitouts and 1.7 goals in his first two full games as a ruckman in the 2's?

Needs to work on it, think we can cut a young ruck a bit of slack though. Was very good against Adelaide, very poor against the Suns. I know you worry about Collingwood players a lot, but he has plenty to work with.
It's not worth arguing with that clown. He'll start private messaging you telling you all about his "amazing" achievements in some podunk bush league no one else gives 2 shits about and somehow convince himself it makes him an authority on the game.

It's not worth arguing with that clown. He'll start private messaging you telling you all about his "amazing" achievements in some podunk bush league no one else gives 2 shits about and somehow convince himself it makes him an authority on the game.

:rolleyes: Speaking of clowns.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back