Toast Broomhead Has Arrived

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon it is after watching a few videos on him, firstly his goal when he was a port maggie kicks a great goal but just gets on with buisness no fuss type i think.

Then when he is interviewed on CTV after his 1st game you can see in the team meeting when Grundy has a joke with him he looks nervous to smile and comes across shy in that.
We are all probably getting paranoid over the rumour, seeing more in stuff in it than is there lmao.:oops::eek:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-06-18/the-club-s3e14-tim-broomhead

Agree. Broomhead seems like a Quiet guy who does not like to be Center of Attention. You saw that after the win on Saturday because he did not want to be in the Gatorade Bath.

Think that is just him. Say he be happy with the other SA boys there with him

I reckon it is after watching a few videos on him, firstly his goal when he was a port maggie kicks a great goal but just gets on with buisness no fuss type i think.

Then when he is interviewed on CTV after his 1st game you can see in the team meeting when Grundy has a joke with him he looks nervous to smile and comes across shy in that.
We are all probably getting paranoid over the rumour, seeing more in stuff in it than is there lmao.:oops::eek:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2014-06-18/the-club-s3e14-tim-broomhead

His sisters not a bad looker ;)

He's the kinda player we been wanting for a couple of years. Has pace and can kick. I would be shattered if he left.

It can take quite a bit of courage to gut run 400 metres here and there like Sidey does. Your comment is poor and toward a guy who works his guts out every week. Reeks of someone who know literally nothing about football. With Swan under a cloud, Sidey is our fourth best player, by a fair way too.
Agreed , Sidebottom is a gun ! he relishes more responsibility as well . Any team would be stoked to have him .
I f..kin love him as a player .

He is a very private person and if you have watched any of his games over his SANFL or VFL career you would see he's not someone that likes the showboating carry on style of celebration. He loves kicking goals and his celebrations are always outwardly subdued. He never goes looking for pats on the back or high fives and never fist pumps or goes berserk - it's just not his nature. And yes those that said he tried to get out of going into the middle of the circle on Sunday are spot on - again it's not his "thing". He's not a person who craves the limelight or the spotlight. He just enjoys playing the game, getting lots of the ball and winning - but his enjoyment isn't publicly obvious. So if that concerns people I suggest you don't follow him too closely as you won't be seeing the Fasolo or Cloke type celebrations after goals or wins.

He doesn't have his mind set on anything other than playing good football at the highest level and playing his part in winning teams.
And no he is NOT a port fanatic.

Absolutely spot on. There will be an interview on the club tonight from straight after the game on Sunday and Foxtel did do one with Brodie, Tim and Ben last week which the club made them do however TV interviews aren't Tim's thing so if you do get to see these enjoy them because they will be rare throughout his career.

The other 3 SA boys being at Collingwood have nothing to do with whether Tim is happy or wants to stay. I find it intriguing that people automatically assume that because you are from the same state you are best mates and that'd make you want to stay! Tim's only involvement with them was one year of state under 18's program which is about 30 training sessions and 5 games. Not something that's going to guarantee life long friendships! His genuine best mates are in Adelaide, but having said that, it doesn't mean he's desperate to get back there!

Geez I hope you're right on that one Hawk, cos I for one wanna watch young Broomy zooming around the MCG in some pretty big games in the next 10 years....

He is a very private person and if you have watched any of his games over his SANFL or VFL career you would see he's not someone that likes the showboating carry on style of celebration. He loves kicking goals and his celebrations are always outwardly subdued. He never goes looking for pats on the back or high fives and never fist pumps or goes berserk - it's just not his nature. And yes those that said he tried to get out of going into the middle of the circle on Sunday are spot on - again it's not his "thing". He's not a person who craves the limelight or the spotlight. He just enjoys playing the game, getting lots of the ball and winning - but his enjoyment isn't publicly obvious. So if that concerns people I suggest you don't follow him too closely as you won't be seeing the Fasolo or Cloke type celebrations after goals or wins.

He doesn't have his mind set on anything other than playing good football at the highest level and playing his part in winning teams.
And no he is NOT a port fanatic.

Absolutely spot on. There will be an interview on the club tonight from straight after the game on Sunday and Foxtel did do one with Brodie, Tim and Ben last week which the club made them do however TV interviews aren't Tim's thing so if you do get to see these enjoy them because they will be rare throughout his career.

The other 3 SA boys being at Collingwood have nothing to do with whether Tim is happy or wants to stay. I find it intriguing that people automatically assume that because you are from the same state you are best mates and that'd make you want to stay! Tim's only involvement with them was one year of state under 18's program which is about 30 training sessions and 5 games. Not something that's going to guarantee life long friendships! His genuine best mates are in Adelaide, but having said that, it doesn't mean he's desperate to get back there!

Love your insights, thanks. I wasn't trying to criticise his behaviour, I actually appreciate it and relate to it somehow. I have no idea where the 'Broomhead and Kennedy leaving' rumour started as I only saw it referenced here but was worried that his body language and behaviour were a sign of the rumour's truthfulness rather than of Broomhead's character.

May he have a great career with us.

His quiet public displays of enjoyment are no reflection of anything other than that's the character that he is! If he chooses to stay or go it won't be based on anything other than what his best for him in the long term and by that I mean on field and off field. As with any person in the world if you aren't happy in your private life you certainly won't be in your work life. But he will make a decision over the next few weeks after consulting the important people in his life.
As I said earlier he isn't huge on needing to "hand slap" or "high five" or "pat backs" or "go berserk" or "fist pump". He just smiles inwardly and gets on with it, working towards getting his next touch or kicking his next goal. :) So anyone reading deeply into his "body language" on the field or around the club is drawing a very very long bow.
Are you a friend or acquaintance of Tim's? You seem to be very sure of yourself whilst describing his personality.

One of the things I noticed about him from the Port game is that he just seems to know where his team mates are. And of course, he delivers it to them really well.

He is exactly what we need coming through.

His quiet public displays of enjoyment are no reflection of anything other than that's the character that he is! If he chooses to stay or go it won't be based on anything other than what his best for him in the long term and by that I mean on field and off field. As with any person in the world if you aren't happy in your private life you certainly won't be in your work life. But he will make a decision over the next few weeks after consulting the important people in his life.
As I said earlier he isn't huge on needing to "hand slap" or "high five" or "pat backs" or "go berserk" or "fist pump". He just smiles inwardly and gets on with it, working towards getting his next touch or kicking his next goal. :) So anyone reading deeply into his "body language" on the field or around the club is drawing a very very long bow.

So you know him Personally?

So you think there is a Good Chance he goes home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deadset there are people on this board who seem to live on their own fear of a player leaving the club.

I highly doubt he's going anywhere as most players just don't.

And if he does want to go we will demand plenty or he can walk and take his chances in the draft. No doubt he knows that as well as anyone.

Actually heard the other day that Broomy and Faz have had a few run ins.
Today on MMM Luke Darcy asked Ed on the rumour mill about a rumour that Faz had been having some run ins with younger players and Ed didn't deny it. Said something along the lines of 'not everyone's going to get along'.

Didn't really think of it until now, but there could be some substance there...

Fasolo is a complete flog, i love him though
If it came down to a choice between the two I'd be telling Faz to pack his bags.

Hope it's just BS, but the more I think about Ed's response this morning the more uneasy I feel.

Wasn't Broomhead a bit of a surprise selection at pick 20, as opposed to Grundy and Kennedy who were expected to go thereabouts or even lower?

Good work by Hine if so.

I seem to recall that Geelong (Welles head recruiter?) were into Broomy too, and would have drafted him if we hadn't. I cant recall the order of the draft that year, but assume that means they had him lined up for their second pick. He was our third, given we managed to create three picks in the top twenty (18, 19 and 20). Gotta say, the trio (with Grundy and Benken) are looking pretty good from here. Could still turn out to be Hine's finest hour.

Actually heard the other day that Broomy and Faz have had a few run ins.
Today on MMM Luke Darcy asked Ed on the rumour mill about a rumour that Faz had been having some run ins with younger players and Ed didn't deny it. Said something along the lines of 'not everyone's going to get along'.

Didn't really think of it until now, but there could be some substance there...

Well if Fasolo is being a Prick then I hope he leaves the club as we don’t need that at the Club

So you know him Personally?

So you think there is a Good Chance he goes home
Dave I don't think he is saying that he is merely saying as a young bloke he will discuss his future with those he values and then decide ... Same as any young bloke.

Well with being asked to Eddie by His Co-Host on his Radio Show. Seems bit more to it then just a Internet Rumor

...and you hope he leaves. Irrational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back