Bruce McAvaney- Closet Hawthorn Supporter?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's certainly got his favourites. Both with teams and players. I wouldn't want to be near him in the box when he gets going though.

Can't imagine anyone who would.

randy_marsh_jizz.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen a commentator cheer on a team as much as Bruce does for the Hawks. God damn he doesnt even try to hide it, he wants Rioli, Hodge and Franklin in a bloody gangbang.
Well if Judd could actually hit a target by foot then Bruce would still be in raptures

Sadly all we get from Bruce about Judd these days is "Judd kicks it to space"

Bruce is not a glass half full guy, he's a glass overflowing guy.

He's just a really positive guy who loves good, exciting footy. This means he usually favours the top teams as they've been playing good footy to get there.

Regarding hawthorn its not suprising he loves rioli and buddy, they are exciting.

I like Bruce.

Bruce was an Essendon supporter before Adelaide had a team. When they formed he became an Adelaide supporter being from Adelaide and knowing people amongst the SANFL.

One of the best for researching the topic of the call, something BT would be wise enough to seek training in. Unfortunately the ch7 shitfest makes him hide his talents and ch7, thinking they know what a good commentary involves, make sure he's always droning out the OTT excitement things like "special" and this can sometimes appear as if he's supporting a team when he just want exciting football so the rest can take care of itself.

Bruce was an Essendon supporter before Adelaide had a team. When they formed he became an Adelaide supporter being from Adelaide and knowing people amongst the SANFL.

One of the best for researching the topic of the call, something BT would be wise enough to seek training in. Unfortunately the ch7 shitfest makes him hide his talents and ch7, thinking they know what a good commentary involves, make sure he's always droning out the OTT excitement things like "special" and this can sometimes appear as if he's supporting a team when he just want exciting football so the rest can take care of itself.
Really?, An Essendon supporter. Would never have guessed, the way he commentated the essendon and carlton game this year was atrocious. sounded like I was listening to a biased carlton supporter/commentator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon, Adelaide, Carlton, I reckon a bit of Collingwood as well. Undoubtedly Darwin as well, if they ever entered a team the AFL given all the exciting, jizz-worthy indigenous players they'd have.

Bruce McAvaney: Legitimate Troll.

#respect

His commentary is going downhill fast. Lately he seems to have sunk to just repeating one word over and over in lieu of having to add anything else..

"looking, looking, looking"

"waiting, waiting, waiting"

"kicking, kicking, kicking"

"searching, searching, searching"
Or extending the names forever. "Saaaaaad to Aaarrmitaaaage, tackled by Baaarrloooow". Very grating.

You guys are all idiots. Bruce is a mad Essendon fan. Not only has he admitted it and posed for photos with his kids all dressed in Essendon gear, but you can also hear it every time he calls a Bombers match. He remembers stuff about Essendon that only a Bombers fan would remember.

- Gee, that was a nice goal by Hurley. I haven't seen him kick one like that on his non-preferred foot since that magical night against Geelong in 2010 when the Bombers came back from 5 goals down. Remember that game, Dennis?
- Er, no Bruce, but I'll take your word for it.

When the big spud Justin Laycock once took a contested mark, Bruce McAvaney described him as a "colossus". Seriously... If an Essendon player nearly gets chased down and tackled, you can count on Brucey screaming "KICK IT!!!" along with 30,000 other Bomber fans.

I lost count of the many games in the past where everyone was barracking for the underdog mounting a comeback vs Essendon (as any neutral people would naturally do) and then Brucey roared with excitement when the Bombers spoiled the script and kicked the goal to put the dampener on the fairy tale.

When Bruce is not for barracking for the Bombers, he is barracking for Channel 7 and ratings. This is why he LOVES cheering on the "superstars" such as Juddy, Buddy, Selwood, Cloke, Pendlebury and of curse, delicious Cyril Rioli. Maybe this is why the OP started the thread. They can't bear to hear Brucey praise Buddy, Cyril and Hodgey.

If you honestly think Bruce barracks for Hawthorn, then watch the 2nd half of the Hawthorn vs Collingwood game from Round 5 earlier this year when the Hawks crapped all over the Pies and Buddy kicked his GotY contender. The atmosphere in Channel 7's commentary booth was funereal. You could almost hear Bruce sighing every time the Hawks kicked another goal and another 10,0000 Magpie fans switched off their TVs. I was laughing at how subdued his commentary was.

I remember thinking that if it was Anzac Day and the Bombers were demolishing Collingwood, Bruce would be screaming in that awful gravelly voice he occasionally uses when his penis gets hard, saying stuff like "AWWWWW!!!!! The Bombers are flexing their muscles!! It'll be hard for Jimmy boy to keep a lid on this party!! They've given 17 other teams something to think about!!"

But instead of doing that, he sounded like he was commentating the golf

I don't think I have ever seen a commentator cheer on a team as much as Bruce does for the Hawks. God damn he doesnt even try to hide it, he wants Rioli, Hodge and Franklin in a bloody gangbang.
Listen to the way Bruce commentates when Chris Judd or Joel Selwood get within 10 metres of a contest. They are the only footballers I know of who get their names called even when they haven't taken possession. Dennis does it too. Him and Bruce always gives this little split second pause, and then say really forcefully and loud... "JUDD... ball spills out... Cleared by the Lions defence... out of bounds..."

The Channel 7 commentators never miss a single possession from those two. Like I say, even when they can't quite get a handle on it and the ball is knocked away, they still get their names called and described as "the champion"...

The Channel 7 commentators openly barrack for the stars of the game because they think it's better for ratings. They don't realise the offended they're causing amongst the average hardcore footy fan.