Toast Buddy Love

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just a quick post as a shout out to an all time great of the game.

I refuse to bend to the media narrative at the best of times but no more than now - we should be celebrating an all time great of the game on and off field.

He’s a once a generation talent and will remain as a great - right up there with Lethal, Gaz Snr, Vossy, Duck and of course Plugger.

Hopefully everyone enjoys what’s left of his career and we can see some of that special buddy play over the rest of this season.

Agreed. Yes Buddy is struggling at the moment due to age, but he can still bob up for a couple of goals a game.

Peak Buddy was the best player of the 21st century (at the very least best forward of the 21st century) and it has been a pleasure watching him in full flight.

Will probably be the last player to kick 100 goals+ in a season with all the complicated defensive schemes in the game now.

Been a treat to watch even though this might be his final year and age has caught up.

I still remember being at the MCG against Richmond when he kicked that 80m bomb for goal, and then going home and hearing the Triple M call with JB literally saying "Piss off Bud, you can't be doing that!"

I'm grateful I got to watch his whole career, what a legend. I really hope he gets the 4 goals to be 4th all time greatest goal kicker.

I still remember being at the MCG against Richmond when he kicked that 80m bomb for goal, and then going home and hearing the Triple M call with JB literally saying "Piss off Bud, you can't be doing that!"

I'm grateful I got to watch his whole career, what a legend. I really hope he gets the 4 goals to be 4th all time greatest goal kicker.

It was hawthorn btw.

He possesses an outrageous footy imagination. At his prime he could conceive the improbable and make it probable.

No other player I've seen has made me laugh so hard because of his audacity and skill.

I also loved watching him play when he was at the Hawks.

Two things I believe are underrated are his commitment to the team and that he is a footy nuff. Love the stories about Bud closely following junior footy and pestering Beatson and co about draft ideas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was the type of player I hated when he was at Hawthorn, but loved watching him still, and then when he came to us, my hate turned to love.

I remember watching years ago a Hawks game at the MCG and he kicked 5.8 or something, and the opposition supporters were giving him crap for missing. I turned to them and asked why? Any team would love a forward getting 13 shots on goal a game!

Nothing will ever top going to the games in 08 just to watch Buddy. What a ride that was.

He was on another level before his shoulder and thumb were cooked and he could hold a contested mark.

Nothing will ever top going to the games in 08 just to watch Buddy. What a ride that was.

He was on another level before his shoulder and thumb were cooked and he could hold a contested mark.
Yeah that was probably the best individual season of footy I've ever seen from a player.

The Buddy vs Rance battles were incredible. Although we were still no good, I used to love going to those games to watch them go toe to toe. Buddy elevated Rance’s game and that rivalry reminded me of the Carey/Jakovich battles through the 90’s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back