Game Day 2023 Round 24 Swans v Demons @ 3:30 @ SCG. Thanks Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big inside mid got them into it. We don't have one
A medium forward took their chances. Ours didn't

That was the difference in the game. We play like that but tighten up our finishes and we should win next week against the Saints or Carlton

The difference is not the straight kicking. It’s that when the game was in the balance we kicked one point. 54-37. Then 76-55.

opportunity was there and we got completely outplayed for 40 minutes
If we put on more scoreboard pressure early it might have helped

Once again probably doing the bare minimum to get to the finals, only 1 win was a blowout. Only put the foot on the throat against the Suns late.

Shades of the 2017 season, not surprised if we get bundled out in the SF.

The momentum shift with the non call in the square, 6 goals from there. We were always going to get reamed today by umps and were. Regardless, we were good enough but didn’t taker he chances as they were presented. Take the chances we should have and the lead would have been larger.

The fourth quarter fades are something that does not surprise anyone…physical or mental…not sure. It’s why we won’t contend, though I think we will win the first final.

Dont pick a sub you wont use

Horse coached that quarter poorly
We came so close to finally figuring out how to use the sub against GWS too.

We came so close to finally figuring out how to use the sub against GWS too.

maybe it is some footy thing I just dont get, but seems an easy way to at least try to fix our ability to run out games

Once again probably doing the bare minimum to get to the finals, only 1 win was a blowout. Only put the foot on the throat against the Suns late.

In the semi??

You have more confidence than me. Be lucky if we win one final. I have such low confidence in a team that has won 6 out of the last 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn't get the rub of the green today, but there was a few times where Swans players stood with their arms out asking for a free kick, while the Dees ran away with the football. Hate that.

A big inside mid got them into it. We don't have one
A medium forward took their chances. Ours didn't

That was the difference in the game. We play like that but tighten up our finishes and we should win next week against the Saints or Carlton

One of the very best inside mids at that. I was thinking during that final quarter we just don't have many game breakers in the side currently. Gulden is our X factor, Warner certainly last year. Papley at his best too. Apart from that... ??

The momentum shift with the non call in the square, 6 goals from there. We were always going to get reamed today by umps and were. Regardless, we were good enough but didn’t taker he chances as they were presented. Take the chances we should have and the lead would have been larger.

The fourth quarter fades are something that does not surprise anyone…physical or mental…not sure. It’s why we won’t contend, though I think we will win the first final.
That non-holding free was atrocious, but sorta expected. AFL don't want to seem soft on us now.

One of the very best inside mids at that. I was thinking during that final quarter we just don't have many game breakers in the side currently. Gulden is our X factor, Warner certainly last year. Apart from that... ??
It looked to be Mills today, ngl. But then it hit 3/4 times and we suddenly became VFL players

Well we probably all knew that deep down before today m

Jury was still out. We were building a real head of steam with 6 wins in a row. I could see us getting a couple of wins in the finals. Now I'm not so sure. It's far too easy to run over the top of us and it's not being addressed.

You still never know. We have a decent chance against St Kilda and then maybe we play Port, whom I still don't really rate as serious contenders notwithstanding their freakish run earlier in the season.

Jury was still out. We were building a real head of steam with 6 wins in a row. I could see us getting a couple of wins in the finals. Now I'm not so sure. It's far too easy to run over the top of us and it's not being addressed.

You still never know. We have a decent chance against St Kilda and then maybe we play Port, whom I still don't really rate as serious contenders notwithstanding their freakish run earlier in the season.

Glass half full
Due for a loss? rejig for finals now, get papley back maybe ,

I'm high on Sheldrick, but man if he eventually becomes 70% of what Trac is right now I would be impressed.

We need inside presence so badly, that guy who could make the handball out of congestion. Ah well...

You do realise we have only beat Carlton above us on the ladder right? I don’t think we’ll make it to a semi if we keep having goalless last quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back