Buddy's contract killing Sydney's depth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet delicious irony Buddy and Tippet paid a huge amount to help the Swans win premierships.

It has been a failure for two seasons now. And their list management is going to pay the price as a result.

The year ain't done with yet hawforn boy/girl. Anything, anything can happen, you haven't won it yet. You have no idea about our list management so STFU.

The big thing about Buddy's contract is that the big dollars haven't even started to kick in yet. He's only on $700k this season. That increases to $1.2m next year. Then to $1.3m in 2019, $1.4m in 2020 and $1.5m in 2021.

They will (in all likelihood) be paying someone 10-15% of their salary cap who is winding down in his career - he'll be 32 years old in 2019.

barring injury he will be around at 32. I question whether he will be there at 34 unless he can learn to take an overhead mark and do a job like alistair lynch.

barring injury he will be around at 32. I question whether he will be there at 34 unless he can learn to take an overhead mark and do a job like alistair lynch.

He does this weekly now. He was terrible at overhead marking at Hawthorn, but he has certainly improved in that regard at Sydney.

Biggest loss was Malceski. One of the best kicks to rely on in the comp to Jetta/Shaw running around like a headless chook bombing it nowhere. Disaster so far but I guess that's what happens when your team is in the business of branding/marketing rather than purely Premierships.

The year ain't done with yet hawforn boy/girl. Anything, anything can happen, you haven't won it yet. You have no idea about our list management so STFU.

Hawks might not win it. Swans won't. Right now you are staring down a sub I final week 1 and potentially week 3 as well.

The swans are getting exposed for massive holes in their list.
  1. No rucks - Mumford
  2. No running half backs - Malceski (playing like a busted so and so at GC but a lot of role players like him do that)
  3. No small forwards
  4. No KPD's
The swans have invested way to much in Buddy, Tippett and Reid. And that has stifled their ability to improve their list in other areas, both by losing players you already had and not being able to bring in new players.

The swans top end talent is amazing. Then it becomes very very meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back