Bye Bye Jen Watts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone at the club is on notice because no one actually expected us to dip again. And when I say dip, its from 17th back to 18th and being the worst side in the comp again.

The way were competing and preparing for games is not sustainable.

We had a healthy list do the most of the pre-season and Clarko was there uninterrupted.
So to be playing as they are which is actually worse than the last few years - thats why there is venom.

5 years of bottom 2 finishes and I seriously worry for our future.
Delusion says oh we have no debt, trust in Clarko, be patient, etc yet no one is seeing the impact of this being the losses of McKay, potentially Zuurhar and maybe LDU. You can be patient all you f***ing want. Our talented players arent going to be.

Losing Thomas just adds to our woes.

Eventually the club needs to be brutally honest with itself and be ruthless in its conduct and actually identify why its gone so wrong and more importantly bring in people who can do something about it to fix it.

1) I would change the captains. Take the pressure off Jy and Luke. Its not working and they have been struggling for a while now.
2) I would let Brady and Clayton walk. Both are done and out of their depth. Both are responsible for where North and West Coast find themselves.
3) Assistant coaches. Give Patch his marching orders and go out and get the best assistant to look after the midfield.
4) Soft-cap relief. Allow us to go get a mentor, similar to Mark Williams to help nurture the young talent. These kids need more guidance away from the club IMO then when theyre on the park, as mentally it would be a nightmare playing for North right now.
5) Veteran Salary cap relief. We need to go out and recruit a few veterans. Basically anyone 30 and over can be paid handsomely outside of the salary cap. We need this. Go and get a Zac Tuohy, or Callan Ward, Dane Rampe, Jeremey Howe, Blicavs, Mitch Duncan, Jarryd Lyons, David Swallow, Taberner. So many options. All these guys would be on the way out of their current clubs. But god we need footballers who can shoulder some of the load for a year or 2 until we get out s**t together.
Shiels and Greenwood are done. We need more.

We've had multiple 'Sack X person' threads over the last month. Hell, we even had one about the game-day announcer at Marvel Stadium.

The notion that our CEO is shielded from fair criticism simply because of her gender is ridiculous. It's an ugly form of sexism that implies she isn't a professional who was given her role on merit and therefore should be judged on merit.

And to top of it off - none of this is actually about the on-field results as a primary concern! Note I deliberately didn't list them in the original post! As far as I am concerned, a good footy CEO should be judged on 4 primary KPIs;
  • 1) Is the club providing a good service/experience to members (not about on-field results, but in terms of membership etc)?
  • 2) Is the club solidifying it's base and identity, and building to grow it further?
  • 3) Is the club attracting new sponsors and corporate partners?
  • 4) Is the CEO overseeing a workplace environment that encourages success and cohesion?
By those 4 metrics, I'd rate #s 1, 2, and 4 as outwardly poor over the last 18 months~, especially based on what I've heard from multiple people about the current culture for staff inside Arden St. We've signed Dulux and Bulk Nutritions as new minor sponsors since she joined in 2022, and a thing with Ricky Ponting's winery last month. But I acknowledge we're not an attractive prospect for corporate partners right now so willing to cut some slack on that front.
The existence of some sexist replies, which was what my reply was about, was not among your observations.

Fans are sick of hearing BS from the club
They want to see change
Well depends what type of change you mean. Improvement in onfield performance, standards within the football department and recruiting? Absolutely.

Stability off-field is as important as any of these, after all the change we’ve had the last 8 years. Sacking people 18 months in ain’t helping stability.

The existence of some sexist replies, which was what my reply was about, was not among your observations.

I know you and I know you weren't attacking me personally or anything. But you also know that my intentions in this thread had 0% to do with gender/'wokeness' or any other similar nonsense.

Everyone at the club is on notice because no one actually expected us to dip again. And when I say dip, its from 17th back to 18th and being the worst side in the comp again.

The way were competing and preparing for games is not sustainable.

We had a healthy list do the most of the pre-season and Clarko was there uninterrupted.
So to be playing as they are which is actually worse than the last few years - thats why there is venom.

5 years of bottom 2 finishes and I seriously worry for our future.
Delusion says oh we have no debt, trust in Clarko, be patient, etc yet no one is seeing the impact of this being the losses of McKay, potentially Zuurhar and maybe LDU. You can be patient all you f***ing want. Our talented players arent going to be.

Losing Thomas just adds to our woes.

Eventually the club needs to be brutally honest with itself and be ruthless in its conduct and actually identify why its gone so wrong and more importantly bring in people who can do something about it to fix it.

1) I would change the captains. Take the pressure off Jy and Luke. Its not working and they have been struggling for a while now.
2) I would let Brady and Clayton walk. Both are done and out of their depth. Both are responsible for where North and West Coast find themselves.
3) Assistant coaches. Give Patch his marching orders and go out and get the best assistant to look after the midfield.
4) Soft-cap relief. Allow us to go get a mentor, similar to Mark Williams to help nurture the young talent. These kids need more guidance away from the club IMO then when theyre on the park, as mentally it would be a nightmare playing for North right now.
5) Veteran Salary cap relief. We need to go out and recruit a few veterans. Basically anyone 30 and over can be paid handsomely outside of the salary cap. We need this. Go and get a Zac Tuohy, or Callan Ward, Dane Rampe, Jeremey Howe, Blicavs, Mitch Duncan, Jarryd Lyons, David Swallow, Taberner. So many options. All these guys would be on the way out of their current clubs. But god we need footballers who can shoulder some of the load for a year or 2 until we get out s**t together.
Shiels and Greenwood are done. We need more.
If we are this level of uncompetitive next year I worry for our future.

Don't agree that getting rid of jen wats is being sexist. To many people from assistants to selectors are not coping any blame for what is happening. I'm all in with Clarkson and our current rebuild but it will be futile if we don't get everyone on board and if you look at any company that has currently had issues the CEO is the first one to fall on their sword or fired it's not sexist it's where it starts.

Don't agree that getting rid of jen wats is being sexist. To many people from assistants to selectors are not coping any blame for what is happening. I'm all in with Clarkson and our current rebuild but it will be futile if we don't get everyone on board and if you look at any company that has currently had issues the CEO is the first one to fall on their sword or fired it's not sexist it's where it starts.
Turn it up Michael, a footy club isn't a normal business.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The people who start these threads actually think they're helping the club. Now that's delusion.

We've had multiple 'Sack X person' threads over the last month. Hell, we even had one about the game-day announcer at Marvel Stadium.

The notion that our CEO is shielded from fair criticism simply because of her gender is ridiculous. It's an ugly form of sexism that implies she isn't a professional who was given her role on merit and therefore should be judged on merit.

And to top of it off - none of this is actually about the on-field results as a primary concern! Note I deliberately didn't list them in the original post! As far as I am concerned, a good footy CEO should be judged on 4 primary KPIs;
  • 1) Is the club providing a good service/experience to members (not about on-field results, but in terms of membership etc)?
  • 2) Is the club solidifying it's base and identity, and building to grow it further?
  • 3) Is the club attracting new sponsors and corporate partners?
  • 4) Is the CEO overseeing a workplace environment that encourages success and cohesion?
By those 4 metrics, I'd rate #s 1, 2, and 4 as outwardly poor over the last 18 months~, especially based on what I've heard from multiple people about the current culture for staff inside Arden St. We've signed Dulux and Bulk Nutritions as new minor sponsors since she joined in 2022, and a thing with Ricky Ponting's winery last month. But I acknowledge we're not an attractive prospect for corporate partners right now so willing to cut some slack on that front.
You wouldn't have created this thread if the recent performances of the senior men's and women's teams were reversed. At least be honest about it.

So yes, this thread (and anybody who uses "club" to mean "men's team") is sexist because it ignores the AFLW program, which Watt also oversees.

We act like one where cash is our main

Honestly the club seems more concerned about cash than success. It needs to manage the place. And I'm not just blaming her. It's cutting costs on our assistants. To continually pushing members away by screwing them over with what was included in members benefits. The players must be in a toxic workplace from what's going on field, they look like deer in a headlight. I'm not for sacking but honestly someone needs to sweep a massive broom through the club and spend some money in the right places.

The people who start these threads actually think they're helping the club. Now that's delusion.

You wouldn't have created this thread if the recent performances of the senior men's and women's teams were reversed. At least be honest about it.

So yes, this thread (and anybody who uses "club" to mean "men's team") is sexist because it ignores the AFLW program, which Watt also oversees.
Or people just care more about the mens team than the womens. Just about everybody is fair to criticism when we've been performing as bad as we've been going.

Before you chirp in with 'explain how the women's team has been able to perform so well then'

The AFL allowed us to stock pile talent from the start and the club's relationship with melb uni is why the team has been able to be competitive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or people just care more about the mens team than the womens.
Yeah there's a word for caring more about one sex than the other.

Before you chirp in with 'explain how the women's team has been able to perform so well then'

The AFL allowed us to stock pile talent from the start and the club's relationship with melb uni is why the team has been able to be competitive.
Wow so a team's current performance can be attributed to things that happened more than 18 months ago? Interesting.

Just for whatever it's worth; I went to every single home AFLW game last year, multiple training sessions, and am a NMFC AFLW member.

I support both NMFC teams equally. Thank f--k for the AFLW team, otherwise my daughter would never see NMFC win a game!

Yeah there's a word for caring more about one sex than the other.

Wow so a team's current performance can be attributed to things that happened more than 18 months ago? Interesting.
So the way people feel about the mens team from their lives, family traditions etc has to be equal with the womens team right off the bat and if it isn't you're some kind of sexist for it?

You have a very entitled chip on your shoulder.

If the women's team packed it in tomorrow, I wouldn't give two shits...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the women's team packed it in tomorrow, I wouldn't give two shits...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
and flip side of that is...if 'women' actually supported women's football the same way they support Taylor Swift...they'd get paid more than the men. In fact they wouldn't need to be associated with the AFL...they could run their own league.

backing up homer simpson GIF

Take me with you.

Very sad that a thread about the performance of the CEO has sunk to discussions like what's happening on the last page.

Note again; my original post said nothing about the performance on-field. But people are using this to springboard into absolute nonsense in multiple (and weird) ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back