News Josh Caddy - We're out of the race [Emma Quayle]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way i see it is, last year GC jumped at the suggestion of only dealing with essendon at trade week. Why? Because that didnt WANT a better deal then ess could deliver, they knew we didnt have enough to offer and were fine with that as they wanted him to stay.

This years a different ball game, as they need to find value for him, and if collingwood or melbourne offer more value then us, GC will ask Caddy to go to one of those clubs.

If his argument is that he simply wants to go back to melbourne, we have a problem. But who the hell really knows, this all speculation and guessing he may well stay as GC i think has shown a lot of promise this year.

The way i see it is, last year GC jumped at the suggestion of only dealing with essendon at trade week. Why? Because that didnt WANT a better deal then ess could deliver, they knew we didnt have enough to offer and were fine with that as they wanted him to stay.

This years a different ball game, as they need to find value for him, and if collingwood or melbourne offer more value then us, GC will ask Caddy to go to one of those clubs.

If his argument is that he simply wants to go back to melbourne, we have a problem. But who the hell really knows, this all speculation and guessing he may well stay as GC i think has shown a lot of promise this year.

But if he wants to go to Essendon and GC wont allow because we arnt offering enough he might just walk for free and enter the national draft as he would be out of contract right?

We have to use our first pick on Joe Daniher though so there would be a stack of clubs who would get a pick they could use on Caddy before our round 2 selection...

The first and really only way is if he litterally says i want to go to essendon, and essendon only. Then we make a deal involving 2nd round pick. The alternative is we obtain a first pick off someone else and outbid everyone else...which wont happen as everyone will clutch onto their piks as its meant to be a loaded draft. One way or another he wont go to national draft. It allllll depends on whether he actually cares if he goes to ess or just wants to head back to vic in general and any clubs fine...if its the latter we're boned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If GC would take a like for like trade, (I know I'm gonna get pumped for this) Winderlich + a second round pick.
He's 29 next year and seems to be more injured than not recently, but GC might like another experienced brain in their side to help the likes of Ablett and Rischitelli, and mentor Swallow and O'Meara. At least we keep our KPDs (I believe Pears will come good) and have a decent crack at Caddy.

If GC would take a like for like trade, (I know I'm gonna get pumped for this) Winderlich + a second round pick.
He's 29 next year and seems to be more injured than not recently, but GC might like another experienced brain in their side to help the likes of Ablett and Rischitelli, and mentor Swallow and O'Meara. At least we keep our KPDs (I believe Pears will come good) and have a decent crack at Caddy.

You really think GC re going to trade caddy for a 30's pick?

To get something you have to give something. I would be looking at these players Jetta, Colyer, Pears, Carlisle, Hooker, Monfries, Melksham ect

Why would GC want a perpetually injured (not hard) body? If they want another brain, get a new assistant coach.

Because we believe they're dumb enough to take one? Okay, + Reimers. Is that getting closer to the mark? (Seriously, trading is something I've never really followed closely. Still getting my bearings.)

If you want Caddy... start with something that you don't want to give up, then add our second rounder to it. This will still not be enough (but a starting point).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back