List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I cant believe I wanted us to trade Barlow for him. Madness. Totally ridiculous. It would have been good to see Pav AND Cam this year though, not Pav then Cam.
Oops. Got in before me. I think Barlow would have been a fair trade personally IF all parties wanted that. But it seems nobody decent is ever going to leave us again.

Absolutely LOL just LOL that you'd ask Taylor a direct question and expect anything but waffle and riddles as an answer.

Anyone with half a brain can read between the lines I've put down without me having to spell it out. It isn't my story to tell.

Bagging both East Fremantle and Tayl0r.

Woah. What's next? Shitcanning air or denying the tittiness of Halle Berry?

Hahaha not quite there but working on it.
91sn32Q.jpg

Interesting call from "Belvedere of Belmont" on 882 who is usually right on the money with his information.

Belvedere of Belmont - I've assumed that he's someone associated with the tavern of the same name in the suburb of the same name that sometimes runs advertisements on 6PR, which probably gives him some leverage to get on air easily as a caller.

The last time I heard him was a few weeks ago where he was first caller on the weekday evenings program with inside information about how Fyfe missed out on the captaincy because he isn't very popular with the other players at Fremantle - which was basically a rehash of what Hagdorn had been insinuating.

Fyfe is hardcore. Life's pretty simple for him. You either meet the standards he holds or you don't. If you don't, well, you're probably a nice enough person but you're not much use to him in getting to where he wants to go.

I can see that some folks would have trouble with that.

Nathan Buckley had similar issues to overcome when he was first made captain. He couldn't drag the piss-swillers, f*&k-ups and slackers up to his expectations and it frustrated the bejesus out of him and annoyed the crap out of them.

I don't want Fyfe frustrated. I want him dominating the s**t out of the competition.
I don't want the softer types on our list annoyed by their captain either.

Fyfe will captain our side. He will do it when he has added "Being a bitching captain" to the list of things he wants to master. When he has learned how to pedal softly when required and how and when to lie.

Until then, he's the guy who says, "You are not good enough," and who means it, and who is right, and who has the runs on the board to end any "Well, how about you?" arguments before they even form in the mind of the unacceptable.

And we need that guy more than we need Captain Fyfe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bagging those Turkeys at Moss St is Sport for Bullies followers.

You want another sport you are no good at? Go easy on yourself.

Sowfs supporters nipping at the heels of the Old Easts are admirable in a way - like silky terriers trying to mount real dogs.

Count the flags, Daniel, then shut the ******* door.

You want another sport you are no good at? Go easy on yourself.

Sowfs supporters nipping at the heels of the Old Easts are admirable in a way - like silky terriers trying to mount real dogs.

Count the flags, Daniel, then shut the ******* door.
I should of closed the door on your lot way long ago and sent them over to ATOM stadium. Remember when the Dockers were real bad they were run by Neesham and Regan yeah all from East Freo enough said;):p:p:p:D:D

I think we are at a stage where it is all about brinksmanship. GWS know they are going to lose Cam to Freo next year but don't want to be made to look like they are losers. By playing hardball they feel they are sending a message to other teams. Unfortunately it is all about 'face' for them and nothing about the welfare of someone who is still one of their players. They did not read the signs correctly at trade time and rather than admit that now they are prepared to hang Cam out to dry.
The AFL should step in; but won't.
In my opinion Cam should be allowed to play fro South Freo, his home club, for this season. That would benefit him in the longer term and in the unlikely event that he decided to go back to GWS then he would be semi fit. He can't play for us this year but in an ideal world Freo and GWS could come to some early arrangement for a transfer for next year which again would be to Cam's best option health-wise. The problem is that GWS are probably shooting for last year's offer, where Freo would be looking at something considerably less.
Sometimes you just have to count your losses as Freo have done in the past. But Cam's health should weigh heavily on GWS in their decision making. Question is, will it?

I think we are at a stage where it is all about brinksmanship. GWS know they are going to lose Cam to Freo next year but don't want to be made to look like they are losers. By playing hardball they feel they are sending a message to other teams. Unfortunately it is all about 'face' for them and nothing about the welfare of someone who is still one of their players. They did not read the signs correctly at trade time and rather than admit that now they are prepared to hang Cam out to dry.
The AFL should step in; but won't.
In my opinion Cam should be allowed to play fro South Freo, his home club, for this season. That would benefit him in the longer term and in the unlikely event that he decided to go back to GWS then he would be semi fit. He can't play for us this year but in an ideal world Freo and GWS could come to some early arrangement for a transfer for next year which again would be to Cam's best option health-wise. The problem is that GWS are probably shooting for last year's offer, where Freo would be looking at something considerably less.
Sometimes you just have to count your losses as Freo have done in the past. But Cam's health should weigh heavily on GWS in their decision making. Question is, will it?
At present it is not clear what the health matter everyone refers to with Cam is until we do and it is treated then he cant play nor should playing be the major concern. His health is paramount and posters playing the blame game with GWS could well be very wrong and could end up with egg on their faces. He cant play with us till 2017 and that's the facts and there may well be insurance and contractual issues why he cant play WAFL.

Last edited:
I think the football season might distract us a bit. At the moment the only things we have to read and think about are training reports and the Cam McCarthy situation.

I can't wait for next week.
I've been reading all the Essendon court notes. I miss footy so much.
:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back