Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
hi guyz,

looking at getting a solid camcorder, without wanting to lash out and get a full pro set-up. budget is <$1000 for the full kit.

good recommendations? what am i losing by not spending that extra 500-1000?

what can i read to familiarise myself with the technical aspects of film - as an introductory piece?

Alot of wedding videographers and youtube channels are turning to using DSLR cameras for capturing video mainly due to the massive variety of lenses available for use.

These will give a much better control over depth of field, zooms and differing light situations.

For under 1k have a look at the range of Canon's with STM lenses which have super quiet motors for the autofocus which prevent the motor noise being picked up by the audio mic.

A canon 700D 18-135mm STM kit would be an excellent starting point. http://cameraparadise.com/Buy-Canon...Kit-18-135mm-IS-STM-Lens-2006.html?tid=comfac

If you then needed to upgrade later there are 100's of lenses to choose from as well as hotshoe mounted mics, LED lighting kits, shoulder mount video frames, weighted monopods and on and on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back