Opinion Cameron Flog

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is about two days from cracking it for a mention in the Herald Sun. I predict it will open exactly like this, and a big hello to all the journos reading.

"Melbourne supporters have taken to the internet to slam embattled Chief Executive Officer Cameron Schwab.

Fans writing on the BigFooty forum called for Schwab's head in a thread entitled 'Cameron Flog'

X said: [INFLAMMATORY COMMENT], while fellow supporter X said: [CALL FOR HIS HEAD]."

Admittedly SCHWAB SLAMMED ON DEMONLAND would make a better headline, but BF is usually the first destination.

C'mon.....he was to know he was an NQR racist?
Not even that - the whole premise of the Energy Watch business model was broken... Plus the ACCC legal action, Fair Work complaints etc I am not an expert but personally that would have raised my concerns if I was about to sign a million dollar deal with them.

Not even that - the whole premise of the Energy Watch business model was broken... Plus the ACCC legal action, Fair Work complaints etc I am not an expert but personally that would have raised my concerns if I was about to sign a million dollar deal with them.

You stated he should..."veto everyone involved" which implies Pollis' character

You would probably be surprised with the amount of companies with ACCC investigations and Fair Work complaints etc.

You stated he should..."veto everyone involved" which implies Pollis' character

You would probably be surprised with the amount of companies with ACCC investigations and Fair Work complaints etc.

Yes I meant vet everyone involved but not the company itself?

But ok even if you are vetoing only the people involved - wouldn't the collapse of Polis' previous business just a few years prior also raise some red flags?

I think you mean "vet" not "veto".

I think Schwab was so desperate to sign a major sponsor that he didn't really look into it too deeply. Like a lot of things he didn't think through too well.

I think you mean "vet" not "veto".

I think Schwab was so desperate to sign a major sponsor that he didn't really look into it too deeply. Like a lot of things he didn't think through too well.

Definitely did mean vet - thanks!

Agreed on Schwab being desperate. I do realise he had good intentions but at the same time a football club is like a business nowadays - every decision has significant implications and as a result every effort should be made to ensure that it's the right decision which Schwab seemingly didn't do.

In 2009...
Schwab: Well, our 5 year plan seems to be working accordingly. But we don't want to get to far ahead.
Chris Connolly: Yes, of course.
Schwab: and when I mean too far ahead, I literally mean, we don't want to get to far ahead.
Connolly: Oh yes, right. Do you think Bails has what it takes?
Schwab: Who?
Connolly: Our coach... Dean Bailey. Over there, *points towards the oval*
Schwab: He's our coach... funny, I always just thought it was Nathan Jones.
Connolly: Right. What about, him what do you think of Tim Harrington.
Schwab: You know that freak by name?
Connolly: Yes. We hired him, his our list manager, the man behind the 5 year development plan.
Schwab: Ohhh, you mean he's not a registered sex offender?
Connolly:He's our list manager.
Schwab:Umm you didn't answer the question.
Connolly: I know Cameron, I'm just too afraid to ask...

TimHarringtonTrasdeUpdateL.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lets face it, just having Bailey as coach could be seen as tanking. He is the worst coach we have ever had at the MFC. You could give him a team full of Gary Ablett Jnrs and he would still manage to lose a game.
You know we won double the games last year than this year?

You know we won double the games last year than this year?

Very well aware mate. Im also aware that the previous coach had no idea how to promote a professional culture, have a game plan or draft decent draft picks that weren't rakes.

I have been saying this for a while now, but Schwab should have gone a long time ago. He is like a cancer, destroying everything he touches.

Some people seem to forget that he was CEO of the club in 1999, when we were fined for salary cap breeches and had subsequent fines and draft penalties. Then someone at the club decided it was a good idea to re-hire him again. Now we find out that he was allegedly involved in systematically losing games. Seriously he has to go and he can take that idiot Connolly with him.

Get on the angry emails to the club, I already have.

Seriously, G&GF, both of 'em.

Took your advice Striker.

My email.

"Please remove Schwabb & Connolly from our great club. Marked as urgent."

The very quick reply.!

"The Club is continuing to support the AFL’s investigation. We are unable to provide any public comment on the matter until an outcome has been reached.

Many thanks for your support."

My email.

The very quick reply.!

"The Club is continuing to support the AFL’s investigation. We are unable to provide any public comment on the matter until an outcome has been reached.

Must have a guy sitting on a laptop with a few copy/pastes for these kinds of emails. Wonder how many they are getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A rare mistake? We've made tonnes of mistakes and if the chairman of the board isn't to be held responsible... then who is?

So anyway... as I was saying in April, the reason our football club is in the perilous position it is; both on and off the field; is because the people in charge of running it made incredibly bad decisions.

I have seen Melbourne posters defend the clubs decision to tank, declaring that it was in our best interests to obtain a priority pick. My argument hasn't changed- how can you expect our players to develop their abilities, to train hard, to show the professionalism required, or to care about the club... when you're telling them to lose?

The cost of tanking has been absolutely gigantic. The recent news articles detailing a player revolt, and staff being threatened with their jobs... are heartbreaking. The price we are paying will extend far beyond the draft penalties and fines the AFL will impose on us. The culture of the Melbourne Football Club is rotted.

And once again I will raise the same point I made earlier this year; who is to blame?

Schwab, Connolly, Stynes... They made the decisions we're paying for now. Regardless of the result of the investigation it is clear that they have damaged the club immensely.

Hey,

It's good to see the majority of you are seeing him the way I always saw him. He has no one to scapegoat this time and I was initially worried that he was going to lay this all on Jim Styne's name and find another way to survive.

I saw what he did in his time at Fremantle and I sincerely hope for the sake of your club that this cockroach and his brainless buddy Chris get forced to resign from their positions.

Good luck getting through this mess. Hopefully the allegations will be too hard to prove in it's entirety and the penalties to the club minor. It's painful for me to see anybody, any club get kicked whilst it's down.

Ground zero sucks, but it's better to start with people who are interested in doing things the right way and not guys looking to maintain power and look good in the headlines.

Cameron Schwab introducing himself on his new segment tanking Tuesday:
Hi, I'm Cameron Schwab, you may remember me from films such as 'how to lose a game in 10 ways', 'the change up', 'the debt', 'déjà vu', 'dumb and dumber', 'horrible bosses', 'I know what you did last preseason', 'bailey and me' and many more.

... Im also aware that the previous coach had no idea how to promote a professional culture, have a game plan or draft decent draft picks that weren't rakes.

How was Dean Bailey expected to promote a professional culture when players were told to lose? How was he expected to embed the game plan into our players when in 2009 there was a "change in gameplan"; as directed by those above? And was he entirely responsible for who we drafted..?

I think Bailey did a decent job with what he had.

We sacked the wrong person after 186. It should have been Schwab. I can't believe the players would revolt and the administrators sided with the executives in charge. It's awful.

How was Dean Bailey expected to promote a professional culture when players were told to lose? How was he expected to embed the game plan into our players when in 2009 there was a "change in gameplan"; as directed by those above? And was he entirely responsible for who we drafted..?

I think Bailey did a decent job with what he had.

We sacked the wrong person after 186. It should have been Schwab. I can't believe the players would revolt and the administrators sided with the executives in charge. It's awful.

Doesn't Bailey have any balls? And who told the players to lose?

You cant change a game plan if you dont have one and how can you consider drafting rakes and never developing them as a good job? We sacked the right person after 186 and Schwab and Connolly should have gone as well.

Doesn't Bailey have any balls? And who told the players to lose?

You cant change a game plan if you dont have one and how can you consider drafting rakes and never developing them as a good job? We sacked the right person after 186 and Schwab and Connolly should have gone as well.

This has always been my opinion and the opinion of most supporters whose clubs have crossed paths with Schwab, I think Bailey had to go but CS should have been chopped first and foremost, dodgy dealings seem to follow him where ever he goes.

I think Cameron needs to find employment as where, as he has contributed to tarnishing this great club which wil take a long time to fix. I personally believe he thinks he is better than others reaning why he treats people poorly and opens his mouth about nothing he really knows about. As far as Caro goes she is just a dirty toe rag who will be thrown in the bin in due course.

We are all hoping the AFL give us a fair and reasonable hearing and don't give in to the current trial by media, perhaps we should give the same courtesy to Schwab.After all if he has really pissed off journalists such as Wilson and Denham then he can't be all bad.;)

At least have a witch hunt based on some semblance of the facts.

The whole point of a witch hunt is that it's not based on facts! That's why they used to tie women to chairs and throw them in a river to see if they float. If they sink, they are innocent (and dead), if they float they are witches and they kill them anyway. Damned if you do, damned if you don't - a bit like Melbourne really...

My email.

The very quick reply.!

just did the same...thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back