Universal Love Can anyone help out my Collingwood supporting foster daughter? $455 RAISED

Remove this Banner Ad

SpeciousArgument

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2012
Trade Week
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Brutal Deluxe
Hi folks, hope you forgive the intrusion,

My wife and I are foster parents and have 2 young girls who have been with us for the last few months (and its entirely possible that they could be with us til theyre 18)

One of them is only 18 months so theres still time, but when I asked her 6 year old sister what club she supported she was adamant that it was Collingwood and couldnt be swayed ;)

Reason im telling you all this is that I was hoping there might be someone out there whos kids might have outgrown a jumper or have an old scarf that they wouldnt mind donating. Shes fairly small for a nearly 7 year old, if you think you might have something suitable I'll find out her exact size.

If you see us at docklands or the G please dont give too much grief to the guy in the crows scarf with his pies supporting daughter :)

I have a beautiful Collingwood beanie complete with pompom

It was my daughters. May be a touch big but you're very welcome to it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424439225.515921.jpg

Last edited:

MAYBE PEOPLE HERE COULD LIKE CHUCK IN A $5 OR $10 DOLLAR NOTE EACH AND SPONSOR YOUR DAUGHTER A NEW JUMPER :)
maybe someone can be in-charge on here to organize this?????
It could be a surprise gift for round 2???????
Would have to order a size bigger so she can wear it longer and grow into it??????

Last edited:
MAYBE PEOPLE HERE COULD LIKE CHUCK IN A $5 OR $10 DOLLAR NOTE EACH AND SPONSOR YOUR DAUGHTER A NEW JUMPER :)
Would have to order a size bigger so she can wear it longer and grow into it??????
Welcome back :)

It'll be a bit big but I have an old ladies size 16 polo shirt (back when Aussie was one of our sponsors) that you are welcome too if you think it could be of use. I also have a 2013 members scarf and cap that have never been used as well.

Yeah good idea mate ill throw in 20 if it goes ahead.

Hi folks, hope you forgive the intrusion,

My wife and I are foster parents and have 2 young girls who have been with us for the last few months (and its entirely possible that they could be with us til theyre 18)

One of them is only 18 months so theres still time, but when I asked her 6 year old sister what club she supported she was adamant that it was Collingwood and couldnt be swayed ;)

Reason im telling you all this is that I was hoping there might be someone out there whos kids might have outgrown a jumper or have an old scarf that they wouldnt mind donating. Shes fairly small for a nearly 7 year old, if you think you might have something suitable I'll find out her exact size.

If you see us at docklands or the G please dont give too much grief to the guy in the crows scarf with his pies supporting daughter :)

Just want to say what an excellent thing you are doing by taking these kids in.

My mother used to work in a foster center where un homed kids stayed and there is some very heartbreaking stories. More people that are in the position to allow should look into it

Just want to say what an excellent thing you are doing by taking these kids in.

My mother used to work in a foster center where un homed kids stayed and there is some very heartbreaking stories. More people that are in the position to allow should look into it
Thankyou, if there is anyone reading this who has considered foster care i recommend giving it a go, the foster care organisations ask you what your boundaries are and respect them (with regard to when you want to be called, what ages, how many children at a time they will ask you to take etc) and you could do anything from one weekend occaisionally or each month as respite, all the way up to emergency and long term care. I didnt come here to recruit though, so thats all ill say on the matter, if anyone has any questions id be happy to answer them here or in a PM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guess you'll have to get her to come on and choose what she wants :p
Honestly anything at all is great, if we can come up with a hat/beanie, scarf and jumper im sure shell be over the moon. I might try to contact the club to see if i can get her into the rooms before a game or something. To be honest i dont mind that shes supporting a melbourne based team because it means ill be able to go to more footy, crows are only playing in vic 5 times this year and one of those is down in geelong.

Honestly anything at all is great, if we can come up with a hat/beanie, scarf and jumper im sure shell be over the moon. I might try to contact the club to see if i can get her into the rooms before a game or something. To be honest i dont mind that shes supporting a melbourne based team because it means ill be able to go to more footy, crows are only playing in vic 5 times this year and one of those is down in geelong.

I suggest you just come over to the dark side. It's a great place to be.

But seriously, I have a 2013 membership scarf I could pledge but she might already have one of those by now.

Should chip in and get her a membership or something from the merchandise store. I dunno, always willing to help a fellow Pie in need.

Thank you all so much for your generosity. obviously she can only wear on hat and scarf at a time, were in the northern suburbs so i guess whoever is closest we can come and pick them up. I spoke to her today about going to some pies games and she got really excited. Thankyou again for all of your kind offers and wishes.

Yep, this.
I'm in. I've paid over $20,000 for lawyer's fees over the year, so I'd be happy to put some money to a good cause.
Yep, this.
I'm in. I've paid over $20,000 for lawyer's fees over the year, so I'd be happy to put some money to a good cause.
Yeah good idea mate ill throw in 20 if it goes ahead.
Or is membership package better with a jumper??????????
76woodenspooners , Magpie Girl , Vicky Park , Gone Critical
try organize something for the girl mods?????
I knew I could count on the bigfooty posters!
Here are two memberships links for a junior for just all home games only
http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/218/Captains $320 for this one
http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/220/Season-Ticket-Reserved-Seat-Home $240 for this one

For those who want to donate a 20 or a 50 to get this young girl a membership maybe just private message SpeciousArgument , to organise a donation or something
My work is done, thatl'll do donkey, that'll do

Here are two memberships links for a junior for just all home games only
http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/218/Captains $320 for this one
http://membership.collingwoodfc.com.au/packages/view/220/Season-Ticket-Reserved-Seat-Home $240 for this one

For those who want to donate a 20 or a 50 to get this young girl a membership maybe just private message SpeciousArgument , to organise a donation or something
My work is done, thatl'll do donkey, that'll do

I think Magpie Girl is checking to make sure its ok first, dont want to break any rules

So ive had a look on the website and i think a size 8 youth guernsy would be perfect, shes wearing size 6-7 now so with an 8 she can wear some layers underneath. They are $95, or $85 if purchased by someone with a membership. Regarding the memberships I think the home game general admission would be best that way anywhere from the two to the five of us could go without worrying about reserved seating, and the juniors still get all of the goodies with it. We have a concession card for her so if im reading the membership page correctly that would be $135, honestly though I was just hoping to find her a second hand jumper, im touched by all the offers guys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back