Preview Can we beat Adelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who have watched the crows in a couple of games, which I have and that one was their win against the swans, I can confirm the following - Walker, Petrenko, Sloane - we cover these 3 dudes, they are toast.
It's funny, I reckon Morris would touch up Petrenko, we have multiple options for Walker and you would send Tuck to Sloane, could win all 3 matchups.

It's funny, I reckon Morris would touch up Petrenko, we have multiple options for Walker and you would send Tuck to Sloane, could win all 3 matchups.

Petrenko been playing the defensive forward role this year, more likely that he will go to Newman. Having said that, he wore the green vest on the weekend, so who knows where he's currently at.

I would probably send Morris to Callinan, been their most dangerous small forward IMO. Grimes maybe to Porplyza.

I think that fact that a few of their key players had flu definitely contributed to their insipid performance against North. They will be well and truly up for the game against us, as I think we will be... I think it's harsh on the Crows, saying they're overrated. Yes they've had some easy games, but they've been pretty awesome this year. If they play like they did against the Cats and Carlton, we're in for a tough day at the office. I reckon this will be the game of the round, and will be very close either way - Big EEEEEvan will be pumped for a huge game!!

Do teams play better after a loss, here are the current top 8 teams after a loss.

The majority of wins after a loss are to bottom eight teams, and the four back to back losses are to 3 top 8 teams plus the mighty Tiges. We did it once, we can do it again. We also beat a top 8 team (Hawks) after a top 8 loss (Bombers)

1- Colingwood
loss to Hawks - won Tiges.
Loss to Carl - won Port

2- Swans
Loss to Crows - loss Tiges
Loss to Tiges - won Melb
Loss to Saints - won Dogs

3- Essendon
Loss to Pies - won Lions
Loss to Melbourne - lost Sydney
Lost Sydney - won Freo

4 West Coast
Loss to Ess - win Saints
Loss to Lions - win Carl

5 Adelaide
Loss to Hawks - won GWS
Loss to Coll - won Freo

6 Hawks

Loss to Cats - won Crows
Loss to Eagles - loss Swans
Loss to Swans - won Saints
Loss to Tiges - won North

7 Geelong
Loss to Freo - won Hawks
Loss to North - won tiges
Loss to Crows - loss Pies
Loss to Pies - won Dogs

8 Saints
Loss to Port - won Suns
Loss to Freo - won Melb
Loss to Hawks - won Carlton
Loss to Eagles - won Swans
Loss to Tiges - won Suns

Do teams play better after a loss, here are the current top 8 teams after a loss.

The majority of wins after a loss are to bottom eight teams, and the four back to back losses are to 3 top 8 teams plus the mighty Tiges. We did it once, we can do it again. We also beat a top 8 team (Hawks) after a top 8 loss (Bombers)

1- Colingwood
loss to Hawks - won Tiges.
Loss to Carl - won Port

2- Swans
Loss to Crows - loss Tiges
Loss to Tiges - won Melb
Loss to Saints - won Dogs

3- Essendon
Loss to Pies - won Lions
Loss to Melbourne - lost Sydney
Lost Sydney - won Freo

4 West Coast
Loss to Ess - win Saints
Loss to Lions - win Carl

5 Adelaide
Loss to Hawks - won GWS
Loss to Coll - won Freo

6 Hawks

Loss to Cats - won Crows
Loss to Eagles - loss Swans
Loss to Swans - won Saints
Loss to Tiges - won North

7 Geelong
Loss to Freo - won Hawks
Loss to North - won tiges
Loss to Crows - loss Pies
Loss to Pies - won Dogs

8 Saints
Loss to Port - won Suns
Loss to Freo - won Melb
Loss to Hawks - won Carlton
Loss to Eagles - won Swans
Loss to Tiges - won Suns

So your saying we will lose?

I'm predicting Richmond by 40+ points. I reckon we will pull something out of our backsides like we did that Hawthorn game. We came at the Hawks and the Saints because we respected our opponent. We did not respect Fremantle coming over here and we did not respect GWS. Adelaide have had an outstanding year and I think that will be acknowledged amongst the group. Richmond are coming off a much needed bye and have a lot to give after being dismal the previous two games. Bring on the Crows, I'm confident!

I think Adelaide are overrated at this stage and said so before the weekend.

Who have they actually beaten?

They got smashed by Pies and Hawks...they beat Geelong and Carlton which doesn't seem like much now.

They beat Saints and Sydney in close games...so did we!

They have had an easy run and are around the same spot we are on a REAL Ladder imo.

i agree we are not a 9-3 side more like a 7-5 side. Amcre you can only beat the opposition you are put against and so far we have come out on top 9 times and we have beaten Freo in Perth and you failed to beat freo at home.

We have a easy draw but have just come through the hardest part of our draw.
sydney (SCG), geelong (h), Carlton (ES), Collingwood (H), Fremantle (subi) and st kilda (home)

we ended up winning 5 out of those 6 games which is a superb effort for a club which only won 7 games last year and yes geelong and carlton are not at their 2011 level but most tipsters still did not tip us.

I'm predicting Richmond by 40+ points. I reckon we will pull something out of our backsides like we did that Hawthorn game. We came at the Hawks and the Saints because we respected our opponent. We did not respect Fremantle coming over here and we did not respect GWS. Adelaide have had an outstanding year and I think that will be acknowledged amongst the group. Richmond are coming off a much needed bye and have a lot to give after being dismal the previous two games. Bring on the Crows, I'm confident!

That is completely out of control.

Nevertheless, Richmond at 39.5+ is paying 13.00, so you'd be mad not to have a crack at it. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

both sides have a easy draw with richmond having slighter harder draw due to us playing suns and Giants twice.

you play Port Adelaide, Melbourne, carlton, Essendon, Fremantle twice
we play; Port Adelaide,Gold coast, Geelong, GWS, Fremantle twice

play once
sydney- we played sydney in sydney
West coast- we both play eagles at home
collingwood- both play pies at home
carlton- we played at Ethiad
Brisbane- both teams travel to the Gabba
Geelong- we play geelong twice
St kilda-we played at AAMI
bulldogs- we played bulldogs at home
Hawthorn- both played hawks at G
Kangaroos- lost to at Ethiad

both sides have a easy draw with richmond having slighter harder draw due to us playing suns and Giants twice.

you play Port Adelaide, Melbourne, carlton, Essendon, Fremantle twice
we play; Port Adelaide,Gold coast, Geelong, GWS, Fremantle twice

play once

Easy draw? You noticed our first half draw lately?

IF we can hit them early on the score board we should have a confortable win, but if it is neck and neck or catch up footy which were so custom too, expect a face palmer and growling at the Tv game

Easy draw? You noticed our first half draw lately?

yes i have and we also have played carlton, collingwood, geelong, port, sydney, hawthorn, st kilda, fremantle and GWS in the first half of the year.

the differences are you have played; melbourne, west coast, essendon
compared to; Suns, Bulldogs, kangaroos

you play Melbourne, carlton, Essendon
we play; Gold coast, Geelong, GWS

play once

I got rid of the teams we both play to make it an easier comparison for your first part

For your second;

We did not play West Coast at home
We played Collingwood at a neutral venue
St Kilda we played away

RICHMOND - In the Mix

Nathan Foley, Steven Morris and Tyrone Vickery missed the victory over Greater Western Sydney in round 12 because of injury but all are available to take on Adelaide this Saturday. The Tigers' season-long reluctance to make many changes to the line-up means they're unlikely to all make their way into the team at once. Vickery is likely to come in for Brad Miller or Brett O'Hanlon. Foley also is likely to come in but it's touch and go with Morris because the player he'd replace, Matt Dea, has done nothing wrong. Tall defender Jake Batchelor has been unconvincing but he might be saved by the threat posed by Adelaide key forwards Kurt Tippett and Taylor Walker.

Paul Daffey off AFL.COM.AU

...and no mention of Grimes?

Could we possibly see four changes to a winning side?

I hadn't really thought about it, but maybe:
OUT:Batch,Miller,O'Hanlon,Connors
IN:Grimes,Vickery,Foley,Morris

assuming all fit, and no other injuries.

Not sure they would make so may changes though.

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick faces a selection headache ahead of Saturday's meeting with Adelaide at AAMI Stadium, with a quartet of key Tigers ready to return from injury.

The Tigers will monitor the leg injuries of Nathan Foley and Tyrone Vickery at training on Thursday, while Dylan Grimes (hamstring) and Steven Morris (shoulder) are expected to be available.

So Foley and Vickery could still miss.

The break was just in time we were looking tired? Need to get good start Foley would be great Grimes also handy not sure on Vickery perhaps needs a rocket needs to play as theres no tomorrow. ( Make him do one on ones with Morris)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back