Preview Can we beat Adelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw played the majority of last week injured. Was only ever gonna miss this week if he didnt get up from injury.
Also I dont think they want an in depth description of half our team...

Why not? If I don't know another team's players in an area I like to get informed.
The more the merrier guys. Please feel welcome to contribute.

Don't understand all the hate for the selections.

Grimes straight back in for an underperforming batchelor - tick

Elton in for O'Hanlon is a like for like - despite talking up "not gifting games" this season, the match comittee are giving the kids a taste of league footy as the sub. They are never going to get enough game time in this role to keep their fitness up, so will be rotated to and from coburg until they warrent a starting position - tick

Morris was always going to come straight back in, if it was for Dea not a word would have been spoken. With Conca making way, maybe Morris or Dea will play a run with role this week, or perhaps Newman will be released into the midfield?

The changes arent as bad as everyone is making them out to be - with Grimesy and Morro back, we are FAR stronger than we were against GWS. I think people are just venting because Foley didnt make it back!

we, we are too tall if we havent learnt anything by the last two matches.

btw wet weather footy is just keeps happening to us... it creates more injuries and more taxing/tiring for the weeks to come. wouldnt be surprised if we drop the next few games, we havent played dry football in ages :(

Min 8

Max 13

A few showers.

Adelaide area

Partly cloudy. Scattered showers. Possible small hail about the hills and southern suburbs. Winds west to southwesterly up to 30 km/h tending south to southwesterly up to 20 km/h later in the evening.
it was raining last night it was raining before its bright and sunny now... no doubt it will piss down tomorrow and our selections will be exposed.

Elton is getting gifted a game here. I like what I saw in the Nab, but he will get torn a new one by talia or shaw. hell talia and shaw could tear miller a new one... three tall backs? Im not sure how that is going to work. Rance should go to walker who plays up the ground. Grimes and Griff on tippet? hmmm no doubt callinan and porps will come out and kick 6...

.......Conca making way......Newman will be released into the midfield?......

Missed that move and it makes me far more comfortable with the team.

Going back to the three talls forward system we played for the first few games of the year - with Elton hopefully having more impact than what Ty has had. Only concern is some real back-up for Eevarn in the ruck - surely Elton is not ready for that? Miller doesn't cut it in the ruck.

Missed that move and it makes me far more comfortable with the team.

Going back to the three talls forward system we played for the first few games of the year - with Elton hopefully having more impact than what Ty has had. Only concern is some real back-up for Eevarn in the ruck - surely Elton is not ready for that? Miller doesn't cut it in the ruck.

Miller cut's the cheese, and that's where the buck stops!
Vickery will be sorely missed this week, pinch hitting in the ruck and providng another focal point up forward. His output against the Cows in recent times has been very good.
As for tomorrow's match, the usual goes! If they get the jump early and lead by 20+ at quarter time, we'll be looking down the barrel & it may get ugly. I really hope the boys are switched on, even if we are decidely undermanned against a helllbent opposition in tricky conditions at West Lakes.

Talia is our current fullback and won the rising star last week.

Edit: Shaw will take the 3rd tall (thought we dropped him this week). Dogga will play on a lesser forward and mainly act as an extra fist in every contest he can get to. Radar to be our rebounder/floater.

Hendo and Brown are named as emergencies, however both are good defenders
Right, sorry didn't mean any disrespect. Is Talia in his first year? Didn't get a chance to watch you guys last week.

Yes we can.

Crows beat GWS, Port, Swans, Saints, so did we.
They lost to the Hawks, we didnt.
Their other wins were Carlton, the Cats (we should have won) and Freo (we should have won)
We have beaten them the last two occasions including the last at AAMI.
We have won 3 of the last 4 at AAMI.
And its had little air time here, but i would guarantee that internally we are still smarting big time over the King/Ottens incident.

Tiges by 18.

Yes we can.

Crows beat GWS, Port, Swans, Saints, so did we.
They lost to the Hawks, we didnt.
Their other wins were Carlton, the Cats (we should have won) and Freo (we should have won)
We have beaten them the last two occasions including the last at AAMI.
We have won 3 of the last 4 at AAMI.
And its had little air time here, but i would guarantee that internally we are still smarting big time over the King/Ottens incident.

Tiges by 18.
Ottens was good but not sure about him being referred to as a King.

Our biggest enemy is the umpires.

That's what I'm nervous about.

Cotch gets his head pulled off a thousand times,play on.
Kingy breathes on an Adelaide player,out comes the whistle.

Let's hope the umpires don't whistle their same old sad tune.

UnGiesch the umps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS the name is Otten and its pissing people off. BTW where do you think the tiges will play Griggs?
Conca in for Miller late. Griggs back up ruck. Glad we have Griggs and Grigg. Ruck and outside runner. Versatility.
When jokes are s**t the first time, it's not often they are ever funny , just saying .

Our biggest enemy is the umpires.

That's what I'm nervous about.

Cotch gets his head pulled off a thousand times,play on.
Kingy breathes on an Adelaide player,out comes the whistle.

Let's hope the umpires don't whistle their same old sad tune.

UnGiesch the umps.

Are you related to Plugga?
Blaming the umps when the game hasnt even happened yet is quite average...

Right, sorry didn't mean any disrespect. Is Talia in his first year? Didn't get a chance to watch you guys last week.
There was no disrespect. Talia has played 21 games all up including all 12 rounds this year. The loss of Davis last year = he started playing.

He is a surprisingly good shut-down defender and has played on Roo (Saints) and other spearheads. Generally Rutten takes the slower/bigger body and Talia takes the other. Not sure who will go to Jack. Talia doesn't offer much run, but wins most 1v1 contests. He was the U-18 AA Fullback.

Don't understand all the hate for the selections.

Grimes straight back in for an underperforming batchelor - tick

Elton in for O'Hanlon is a like for like - despite talking up "not gifting games" this season, the match comittee are giving the kids a taste of league footy as the sub. They are never going to get enough game time in this role to keep their fitness up, so will be rotated to and from coburg until they warrent a starting position - tick

Morris was always going to come straight back in, if it was for Dea not a word would have been spoken. With Conca making way, maybe Morris or Dea will play a run with role this week, or perhaps Newman will be released into the midfield?

The changes arent as bad as everyone is making them out to be - with Grimesy and Morro back, we are FAR stronger than we were against GWS. I think people are just venting because Foley didnt make it back!

Agree with this! Fuuuuuuuuuuu!! Because it's massive. Top 3 most important players at the club. Makes sure Cotchin doesnt have 3 blokes hanging off him at each stoppage!

Conca is in Adelaide with the team.

Source: RFC Twitter
Of course he is. Would be a bit dopey to leave ya emergency back in Melbourne when you'r playing in Adelaide. Or you think we are being a bit tricky? Surely they arent going to tell Elton he's not playing game day. He's had an interview and everything!! lol

Of course he is. Would be a bit dopey to leave ya emergency back in Melbourne when you'r playing in Adelaide. Or you think we are being a bit tricky? Surely they arent going to tell Elton he's not playing game day. He's had an interview and everything!! lol

I hope they tell Miller that he is not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back