News Carlton's 2024 Leadership Group

Remove this Banner Ad

skadoosh

Premiership Player
May 26, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton

DYNAMIC forward and back-to-back Coleman Medallist Charlie Curnow is now a co-vice captain of the Carlton Football Club.

In being appointed to the role, Curnow joins Sam Walsh and Jacob Weitering as co-vice captains while Patrick Cripps will continue as sole skipper.

I see both him and Jack Martin as leaders of the forward line. His deeds alone against GC to catapult us to finals was leadership in a nutshell right there..

Keen to see how he can grow in that space this year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to Charlie. Didn't see that one coming, but he's definitely got that team focus and desire to help the guy next to him become better. Think he'll do nicely.

Much as I approve of everyone in the leadership group, there is a part of me that wishes we had at least one non-superstar in there. Leadership and playing ability are two different things, and I reckon there's something to be said for having someone in the group who isn't necessarily going to be in the AA discussion every year but is nevertheless a leader while being a solid, dependable style of player, e.g. someone like a Newman / Hewett / Acres.

But again, that's no criticism of any of the incumbents, all of whom thoroughly deserve the role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back