MRP / Trib. 2024 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Hewett's was at a stoppage (not off ball). He and Neale were niggling each other and jostling for position prior to the ball up.
Neale whacked Hewett in the guts and they both went for a chest whack at the same time.
The differences are marginal, but huge at the same time, if that makes sense.
The ball wasn’t in play, not that should make a difference. Was a strike to the head and should have been a suspension. First game of the season the commitment for change went out the window. Farcical. Hogan is just a follow up from a weak organisation.

Interestingly drink drive in Japan they throw you in Jail for a month. Guess how much drink driving there is in Japan? That’s how you solve a problem.

Watching the midweek tackle and just heard Sam Lansberger say something that has to be considered a strong candidate for dumbest footy statement of 2024.

Apparently Toby Greene had a right to do what he did because the ball was kicked to him so he had a right to play on it. And Jordan Boyd should not have gone back with the flight because it was kicked to Toby.

Not kidding.

Hewett got away with it
Hewett was aiming at Neale's chest/shoulder area. Neale raise his arm and Hewett's arm was pushed into Neale's ugly head.

Hogan very lucky, Toby unlucky.

The tribunal is a farce.
The AFL couldn't leave GWS without either of their two big name forwards. Especially when one is currently leading the Coleman.

Watching the midweek tackle and just heard Sam Lansberger say something that has to be considered a strong candidate for dumbest footy statement of 2024.

Apparently Toby Greene had a right to do what he did because the ball was kicked to him so he had a right to play on it. And Jordan Boyd should not have gone back with the flight because it was kicked to Toby.

Not kidding.
I don’t think he made the point well, but he wasn’t that far off. You’re not allowed to make front-on contact in a marking contest.

If Toby doesn’t turn, he gets the free kick. But it’s not realistic to leave yourself open like that.

The only thing Greene did wrong was tuck in the left arm, rather than leaving it out. I don’t really think that’s worth a week. And Fogarty got a week with the arm out (although if he wasn’t injured I think we fight it, and somewhat of a chance to get off).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL emoji trolling at my post, yours is even more irrelevant!
So should we now base tribunal decisions on what could have happened?
Greene was unlucky to be suspended. You can't say he was lucky that Boyd was concussed. It is an irrelevant statement because it didn't happen. For some reason a lot of people take offence to this incident because it happened to a Carlton player. So what? We don't gain anything from it

Greene was unlucky to be suspended. You can't say he was lucky that Boyd was concussed. It is an irrelevant statement because it didn't happen. For some reason a lot of people take offence to this incident because it happened to a Carlton player. So what? We don't gain anything from it

You have taken my post totally out of context.

Upheld at the Tribunal, suspended for 1 week.

I have nothing more to add as I have had my say in this thread & watched the vision numerous times.

He left the ground, turned then took his eyes off the ball & made head contact.

5 pages on Toby Greene! 😳

Not kidding.

1713876031089.gif

TYOAYAETI

The ball wasn’t in play, not that should make a difference. Was a strike to the head and should have been a suspension. First game of the season the commitment for change went out the window. Farcical. Hogan is just a follow up from a weak organisation.

Interestingly drink drive in Japan they throw you in Jail for a month. Guess how much drink driving there is in Japan? That’s how you solve a problem.
I'm sympathetic to your broader point but can't let the opportunity go to waste.

Agree with you, also agree with Jono Brown. Game is turning into Gaelic football right before our eyes.
When players start pulling out of contests I’m done with the sport

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree with you, also agree with Jono Brown. Game is turning into Gaelic football right before our eyes.
When players start pulling out of contests I’m done with the sport

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Toby, players, don't need to pull out of a contest, just make a play on the footy

For me, nothing to do with a Carlton player being involved

Bizarre that the AFL are still penalising players on outcome, rather than the act

Only real difference between the Wright and Greene incidents was that one player was knocked out

As for players whacking the opposition above the shoulders, behind play, set a minimum suspension, it will soon stop. Acts like that aren't toughness, they are gutless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back