MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footy bosses need to look at the language at some stage and review the outcome component given the evidence around late onset CTE. Just because a player bounces up or returns to the field doesn’t mean the act hasn’t caused harm.

Pickett and McAdam should get 4 to 5 weeks, Buddy 2 to 3.

Kosi 2 weeks, McAdam sent to the tribunal.

One round in and we're already reminded this process is a farce.

Agreed..intent should also be a factor. Bracing for contact or tackling an opponent should not carry the same penalty as someone who chooses to bump.

I have no idea how someone who bumps someone with the ball gets weeks unless they get them high.
And then get more weeks than someone doing near on the exact same thing, but the target doesn’t have the ball.
Ps. I am not saying mcadam didn’t get the player high. The vision I’ve seen isn’t clear enough.
PPS. The point is the mcadam one is at least in play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the inherent problem where primacy is placed on the outcome. Viewed in isolation and independent of the resulting damage to the opponent, Pickett's action was imo more severe than McAdams'. Even if ultimately the weight of McAdams' bump elevates it to a more severe punishment (an additional week) than Pickett's because Kehr sustained a more adverse outcome than Smith, the fact is that 2 weeks for Pickett is far too low a suspension.

I recall Kasey Green being suspended for 4 weeks for kicking Cam Bruce - it was from memory equivalent to a low roundhouse kick to Green's leg with very minimal force. An act of frustration. But clearly the tribunal had to send a message of deterrence that such an action will not be tolerated and will be met with a severe punishment.

In the face of the conclusion discussion, 2 weeks for Pickett is ridiculous - if the reactions were reversed and Smith ended up as Wehr did, then 2 would've been 6+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back