MRP / Trib. 2023 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No free kick?🤔
Seriously, WTH?:triumph::rage::rage: In what other work place would you be allowed to do this crap and NOT get penalised? Or worse. Poor Saady.

Is ANY part of the body sacrosanct at the highest level in this sport? Any?? Why is ANY of this being normalised?
When's the RED card happening in AFL? Happens in soccer, rugby and league, yet the AFL continues to allow thug acts like this. With ZERO penalty.

Under the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts, elbow strikes are illegal. Defined as 'striking downwards using the point of the elbow.' MMA fighter's can't do it, but it's all ticketyboo if Charlie Cameron commits a similar act. What kind of :poo: message does this send to footy players in lower leagues? 'Hey, it's ok Charlie Cameron did it, with no punishment, so I can too.'

Don't get me started on the :poo: show that is Michael Christiansen's tenure as MRO. Utter diabolical shambles. Fuming. End rant.

Seriously, WTH?:triumph::rage::rage: In what other work place would you be allowed to do this crap and NOT get penalised? Or worse. Poor Saady.

Is ANY part of the body sacrosanct at the highest level in this sport? Any?? Why is ANY of this being normalised?
When's the RED card happening in AFL? Happens in soccer, rugby and league, yet the AFL continues to allow thug acts like this. With ZERO penalty.

Under the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts, elbow strikes are illegal. Defined as 'striking downwards using the point of the elbow.' MMA fighter's can't do it, but it's all ticketyboo if Charlie Cameron commits a similar act. What kind of :poo: message does this send to footy players in lower leagues? 'Hey, it's ok Charlie Cameron did it, with no punishment, so I can too.'

Don't get me started on the :poo: show that is Michael Christiansen's tenure as MRO. Utter diabolical shambles. Fuming. End rant.
In any other workplace, a tackle would also be considered assault too
Elbows aren't banned outright in MMA either.
It's those that go at a 12-6 angle that are prohibited (in place due to commissions seeing people break cinder blocks this way), which doesn't really correlate with Camerons actions.
I saw it more as niggly shove their face into the turf rubbish, than an attempt to knock his block off but to each their own.

It's those that go at a 12-6 angle that are prohibited (in place due to commissions seeing people break cinder blocks this way), which doesn't really correlate with Camerons actions.
I saw it more as niggly shove their face into the turf rubbish, than an attempt to knock his block off but to each their own.
You've clearly never had a persons elbow into your throat repeatedly with full body weight and purposeful force...

that's ok - there are lot of people who post on here who have no clue about contact sport.

Point I'm making is that even MMA has rules and restrictions regarding fighters using excessive force with their elbows, in certain circumstances. Hence using words 'similar act' to describe C. Cameron's actions.

I'm not questioning legitimate lawful tackling sanctioned within the rules of this sport. That was the first part of C. Cameron's actions.
I'm questioning C. Cameron's latter half of his tackle and actions. As defined on page 50 of the AFL Laws of the Game'. Specifically 18.3...

18.3 PROHIBITED CONTACT 18.3.1 Spirit and Intention A Player who makes the football their sole objective shall be provided every opportunity to do so. 18.3.2 Free Kicks - Prohibited Contact A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player when that Player makes any of the following Prohibited Contact with an opposition Player: (a) executes a tackle that is not legal (refer to the definition of Legal Tackle); (b) pushes or bumps an opposition Player in the back; (c) makes high contact to an opposition Player (including the top of the shoulders) with any part of their body;

Using deliberate force with your forearm and elbow to pin down an opponent's neck to the ground, ISN'T part of a tackle. Saad wasn't pinned to the ground between his shoulders and knees. Cameron pinned Saad down by his neck. Indefensible.
It's why Weiters rushed in to pull Cameron off Saad and protect his teammate. We agree to disagree.

You've clearly never had a persons elbow into your throat repeatedly with full body weight and purposeful force...

that's ok - there are lot of people who post on here who have no clue about contact sport.
I have actually but seeing as you're emoting on social media about someone you don't know anything about, it probably sums you up as much as anything.

Full body weight - nah.

Last edited:
Should challenge it, Edmonds vision clearly shows his hand was deflected upwards and only then in the throat.
Was just trying to do what happens a hundred times a game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should challenge it, Edmonds vision clearly shows his hand was deflected upwards and only then in the throat.
Was just trying to do what happens a hundred times a game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's pretty clear Hewett wasn't trying to strike him high, but however it happened, he did in the end. So fair enough that there's a sanction. No suspension and that's all that really matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back