No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this comment alone, he confirms that SC notices were a bully tactic to get players to roll.
I thought that too for the most part I was very confident in Essendon. However I'd be lying if I said I wasnt atleast nervous and worried yesterday.

Serious Question: Should Caroline Wilson be forced to hand back her Walkley? Given that it has now been proven that the basis of all of her articles was a steaming pile of crap.

More importantly should Damo be forced to hand back his existence and return to being a growth on Hutchy's back? He has no further function.

What will Mark Stevens give his children for Christmas now that the gift that keeps on giving has stopped giving?

A lot of people have expressed relief for the players and the fans - I for one would like to cite Jon Ralph, for whom we know this has just been super wearing and a real burden for him to shoulder. It's alright Jon, you can relax now, it's all over and we can get back to talking about that exciting RFC premiership #11 that we've been hearing about since King Solomon was in power.

-
- Saying that Ings has a lot to say.. haha. They don't like each other. 'He doesn't subsribe to the view that ex CEOs should ride off into the wind quietly'

That was a strange conversation, at first he appears to say that he had never meet him, had never spoken to him then basically said he listened to those whose opinions he valued.

Additional serious question: In the presser yesterday when Little and Hird spoke. Why did neither thank or acknowledge Bomber? They collectively thank everyone else.
Perhaps there is a bit of a rift between them? Since le ol famous Bomber speach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious Question: Should Caroline Wilson be forced to hand back her Walkley? Given that it has now been proven that the basis of all of her articles was a steaming pile of crap.

edit: only a little bit serious. (about the Walkley not the basis of her articles)

but but but, in Bec Wilson's world ( :drunk: ) those articles were all the tribunal needed to convict...

I actually don't mind them keeping the blood samples for seven years in case they come up with a test for TB4. Think about it if everything came out clean then the players, the club and everybody else would be completely and utterly exonerated (which would be a massive relief for them). But if they did find TB4 in the players system I have no issue with heads rolling within our club. BUT I currently can't ******* stand this crap about building a highly dubious circumstantial case when you know ASADA don't give two shits about our players or the club and are actually just interested in getting convictions for their own gains.

Last edited:
I sure hope that no one fell for B. McD's self serving bullshit.

There is one enormous flaw in the reasoning. He is further prosecuting the players on the basis of the administration of hundreds and maybe thousands of injections but he doesn't have anything to base it on.

Where does the basis of the belief in thousands of injections come from if there are no records? Do the maths, I don't accept for a moment that there would be a variance in the evidence given by the players that would have individual having received the hundred+ injections required for the total number to enter the thousands with other players giving evidence of something less than the average 29 injections each of the 34 would have to have received for there to have been 1000 injections.

He is a *******.

At the end of the day, I blame ASADA for not making it clear exactly why they decided not to proceed with the AOD prosecution.

Given WADA's public statements about AOD and the amount of intense pressure placed on EFC for months over this, ASADA had a duty to explain clearly why they backed away from a prosecution.

And no, just saying 'it wouldn't be fair to the players' is not making it clear.

ASADA were weak. Never conceded they advised it not prohibited. All they could offer was they never offered approval to use it. Well ASADA don't issue approval - they merely classify as prohibited or not prohibited. In this instance they mistakenly advised AOD9604 was not prohibited when athletes and sports staff made enquiries.

That press conference was never about anything else other then putting a face to ASADA so all the blame could be directed at an individual. Bens career is over, and he knew it.

This debacle will be laid at his feet and he will become the poster child of what has failed. He wont be in the same job a year from now.

I know its been debated to death and there are divided opinions on here as well but putting aside the uncertainty of what was in the needles (which is solely where my anger at the club lies). I find it a joke that the number of injections is brought up. Injections are not evil.

Gee that's a bit rough, I'd get onto them and ask why they discriminated against you. I do outlay around 500 a week but still should be the same for all...

Nuh its member exclusive and I dont gamble too much so I assume its custom per member. No good offering me a 100 bet if I never bet that high they wont get my money.

Still jumped on though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back