Autopsy Cats def Dogs 104-81

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno. Just think we're a young team that got hot at the right time and won a flag.

Obviously it was a tad hasty to think that this team was good enough to back it up with top 4 after coming 7th.
That's a pathetic post and completely bullshit.

Yeah I agree we should have won regardless, but that last quarter Geelong were gifted momentum on 3 occasions. I will need to watch it again, but the umpires heavily influenced the game at the end.
If we were decent, and actually got the matchups correct and played 4 quarters, Geelong wouldn't have been in the game and umpiring would have had no effect

Yep we're cooked for 2017. They just don't want it enough.

Cloke: Really poor game. First half wasn't his fault but silly errors in the second half. Tonight taught us a lesson that we can't play Cloke and Redpath in the same team. Needs to come out for Roughhead.

Adams: Dumb footballer.

Bont: Unusual for him but he just made too many mistakes and just didn't stand up in the big moments like Dangerwood and Selwood did for them.

Williams: Not even close to be an AFL regular.

Jong: Was good at weaving through tight spots tonight but skill errors were still costly from him.

Picken: Where on earth was he tonight?

Wallis: Was fantastic. Couldn't of asked for anymore. If everybody else played with the same intensity as Mitch tonight we would of won.

Dale: Best game he has played for the club. Played with a lot of confidence. Definitely remains in the side for mine.

I really don't get the umpire bashing. That certainly isn't why we lost.

Fronk I don't normally bash umpires but that was disgusting

They got a goal when Selwood threw the ball out of a 360

Goal from Bobs non kick free kick

Goal from 2 Selwood ducks

Goal when Selwood dropped it first then Adams did and they for the free.

Menzel played on after he marked no free kick

Don't tell me they didn't effect that game mate

Obviously it was a tad hasty to think that this team was good enough to back it up with top 4 after coming 7th.
Why not? We'd been rebuilding for 3-4 years prior to 2015, and have since made the finals twice, winning the flag once. This is exactly the time for us to be making top 4.

Few other things:

- Cloke deserves to be criticised for giving away that 50, but his move into the ruck in the 3rd quarter swung the game back in our favour.

- Few pessimistic/doomsday posts saying "Worst premiership defence ever" etc. What nonsense. We've lost a couple on the trot to some good side at venues that have historically been graveyards for us.

Everyone was saying two weeks ago that Adelaide were going to go through the season undefeated. They've just been thrashed 2 weeks in a row by Norf and Melbourne.

The season has a long way to go. We're not quite clicking yet but seriously lay off the "Worst premiership defence ever!!!!" rubbish.

If we were decent, and actually got the matchups correct and played 4 quarters, Geelong wouldn't have been in the game and umpiring would have had no effect

Agreed. We have too many players out of form at the moment.

NEVER AGAIN

Attachments

• AD1,2,3 2005.JPG
    AD1,2,3 2005.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fronk I don't normally bash umpires but that was disgusting

They got a goal when Selwood threw the ball out of a 360

Goal from Bobs non kick free kick

Goal from 2 Selwood ducks

Goal when Selwood dropped it first then Adams did and they for the free.

Menzel played on after he marked no free kick

Don't tell me they didn't effect that game mate
Still think we cost ourselves, but agree it certainly impacted the game. That Menzel play on summed it all up. It was the ones they didn't call that annoyed me

Another way of looking at it is, we've lost 4 games by an av of 12 points. 3 interstate and 1 in Geelong. 2 of the interstate are probably going to make top 4 and we just never seem to beat Geelong. This is despite the fact that we haven't had a settled side all year with injuries. We're probably tracking to the bottom half of the 8 at this stage which worked out well last year and still have the opportunity to be 6-4 if we're good enough.

Picken needs a spell in the twos. Thought Adams was awesome except for the obvious stuff up. Suckling doesnt offer muc. Jong again was excellent. Cloke more to blame than Redpath imo. Roughy needs to replace Cloke. Toyd was pretty good. Williams had good or bad moments and Geelong as a ground doesnt suit us.

They literally couldnt have played any better. How many ridiculous goals did they pull out of their ass. Scott selwood kicing bombs from outside 50. Give me a ****ing spell.

Why not? We'd been rebuilding for 3-4 years prior to 2015, and have since made the finals twice, winning the flag once. This is exactly the time for us to be making top 4.
Very rarely has this team shown the scoring ability that is characteristic of teams that make the top 4.

I'd back them in to beat anyone on their day - which is what happened on the finals run. They don't get enough scores in the past 2 seasons with the defensive style to bank big wins.

At least we only play Cats once this year. Couldn't handle another match against them this year. So close yet so far, just like the match down there last year.

All good, they'll fold faster than Superman on laundry day again come finals.

Just mention Sydney and last year's prelim.

50-0...bahahahaha....bahahaha

Still think we cost ourselves, but agree it certainly impacted the game. That Menzel play on summed it all up. It was the ones they didn't call that annoyed me

We didn't help but when your 9 up at 3/4 time and they give a diving free and 50 to Selwood in the first minute what how do you have?

I'm not one for blaming umps normally but that was as bad as I've ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back