Review Cats ground Bombers by 77 point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can’t see C Guth coming back now. He’s been out too long. I’d prefer the kid play.
I think it depends on gametime. If he doesn't get any matches between now and finals, no chance they bring him in for either a EF or if we pinched 4th a game against the Pies.

I think Guthrie really needs to play 3 games before finals starts.

I think it depends on gametime. If he doesn't get any matches between now and finals, no chance they bring him in for either a EF or if we pinched 4th a game against the Pies.

I think Guthrie really needs to play 3 games before finals starts.
It all depends on his management.

Is it really a 4 month injury? Or is it a 3 month injury, with a month to really get him ready to go for gametime ala what we've done with Toby.

If he's out of puff within a quarter then we obviously don't play him, but if we've been quietly managing him to bring him back for a big finals series that changes things.

Is it really a 4 month injury? Or is it a 3 month injury, with a month to really get him ready to go for gametime ala what we've done with Toby.

If he's out of puff within a quarter then we obviously don't play him, but if we've been quietly managing him to bring him back for a big finals series that changes things.
It would be interesting to know where his fitness is at right now. Not that the club would ever let anyone know, I assume a lot of cycling and swimming/

Only 4 players had more clearances and 5 had more contested possessions. Seemed like he was still at or around congestion plenty.
I'd love some feedback from those at the game. On TV looked like he was holding width pretty well. How many CBs did he attend?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I'd love some feedback from those at the game. On TV looked like he was holding width pretty well. How many CBs did he attend?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
He was fairly low on centrebounces. Collected 4 clearances around the ground and had quite a lot of contested footy for a winger. Seemed to be starting on a wing mostly and then acting as a hybrid winger/midfielder from there. But you're right, definitely looking for space on the wings more than the previous few weeks.

I just can’t see C Guth coming back now. He’s been out too long. I’d prefer the kid play.
If cam guthure comes back its not to take bruhns position. Bruhn did play games when guthrie was in the side and he is verging on a serious breakout.

oconnor is the one that should miss out.

ps. We have brought in plenty of players with bigger lengths of games out for finals before. Ottens, m.rooke, chapman all come to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they will be managing him to be ready. My understanding is that he could be ready in 2 weeks. Maybe they then give a week or two to round out fitness…My guess is they want him back with 3 weeks to go. If it works out that way then all of a sudden he might add a real positive selection dilemma

But of course - these things are only certain right at the end…

No one is giving a top 10 pick for a ~31 year old Guthrie who missed most of the season with injury, lets get real here

No they aren't, and we wouldn't let him go for what he'd be worth in picks either.
The old case of he's more valuable internally than he'd be worth externally.

AFLCA votes:

8 - Tom Stewart (GEEL)
7 - Max Holmes (GEEL)
6 - Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
5 - Tom Atkins (GEEL)
2 - Jack Henry (GEEL)
1 - Gryan Miers (GEEL)
1 - Brad Close (GEEL)

Stewart 4,4
Holmes 5,2
Hawkins 3,3
Atkins 5,0
Henry 2,0
Miers and Close a vote each.

Strange with Atkins not getting anything from 1 of the coaches but pretty accurate otherwise.

A bit of pleasant reading - pleasant to the eye - re on the ABC Internet Sports site

Under the heading of Cats, Giants enjoy contrasting victories

Defending premiers crush Essendon by 77 pts - yes very good

But this is my favourite paragraph

" The sight of a rampaging Cats unit will strike fear into the rest of the AFL- after Cats coach Chris Scott during the week declared - they are the Danger "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back