Central Highlands general thread - June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

who's stupid freakin idea was it to play a final at bogholearee today, the oval was an absolute s**t heap, and also the` same power heads then wouldnt let the clubs use a new ball at 1/2time, instead had to recycle the red brick from the first half.... on a bright note though... DUNNSTOWN LOST

who's stupid freakin idea was it to play a final at bogholearee today, the oval was an absolute s**t heap, and also the` same power heads then wouldnt let the clubs use a new ball at 1/2time, instead had to recycle the red brick from the first half.... on a bright note though... DUNNSTOWN LOST

Surely no more finals will be held at Bungaree now. Waubra's ground was probably the firmest out the 4 grounds played on I don't think they will hold another final there. If the weather forecast is accurate, Learmonth and Dunnstown should be pretty good by the weekend. The league will probably give the Dunnstown peckers another home final this week.

Im wondering if anyone wants to swap me a Brendon Sheppard card??? Might be worth something as im guessing his playing days might be over !!

Can anyone explain what actually happened here. I heard he pushed a water carrier which is sure to be frowned upon and should get weeks for that. What actually happened when he jumped the fence?

Can anyone explain what actually happened here. I heard he pushed a water carrier which is sure to be frowned upon and should get weeks for that. What actually happened when he jumped the fence?

He started beating his chest and demanded that a supporter hand over a freshly peeled banana.

Im not sure if the league or the courier are doing it this year (probably are) but we will be running a twitter feed of the league vote count tonight. Will be trying to keep up as best we can.

If anyone is interested the feed is DFNC_tweet ... can also see the updates come through our website www.daylesfordbulldogs.com

Good luck to all players and netballers tonight. :thumbsu:

Yes the ground is in poor condition at the moment but if this nice weather continues, the ground will come good. When there is a lot of rain it does turn very sloggy which it would've been like on Saturday. It should be up and about for this weekend's final if it does get the nod from the league.

Yes the ground is in poor condition at the moment but if this nice weather continues, the ground will come good. When there is a lot of rain it does turn very sloggy which it would've been like on Saturday. It should be up and about for this weekend's final if it does get the nod from the league.

You're even more biased than bungareepremiers06. Are you hoping you to get a home final in the peckers?

It doesn't bother me cause no team gets a home final but it was only a couple weeks ago when we played Ballan it was in good condition, the rain stuffs it up...enough said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't bother me cause no team gets a home final but it was only a couple weeks ago when we played Ballan it was in good condition, the rain stuffs it up...enough said.

Regardless of the 2nd rate surface the facilities are putrid. Shouldn't be playing finals there full stop.

They never give home finals to the senior teams but sometimes the reserves or juniors end up with a home final. If your seniors don't beat Buninyong and you or your juniors win, you could end up with a home prelim. Springbank reserves and u/18s both have home finals this weekend despite being the lower ranked sides. The league would play the finals in a paddock if they thought it would make them an extra dollar.

Like my first comment said, if the weather is good, the ground will be in good condition but if it rains most days during the week, expect a sub par surface.

Thoughts on team of the year:

BACKS
Damien Day (Beaufort) Mark Gunnell (Gordon) Cam Postlethwaite (Skipton)

HALF BACKS
Louis Franc (Beaufort) vc Leith Pellissier (Waubra) Rob Rogers (Daylesford)

CENTRES
Matthew Pitt (Dunnstown) Michael Cummings (Daylesford) Ned Gilbert (Buninyong)

HALF FORWARDS
Aaron Bones (Beaufort) Tom Mullane-Grant) (Rokewood-Corindah) Tom Eltringham (Springbank)

FORWARDS
Andy McKay (Hepburn) Lee Cox (Hepburn) Lee Brown (Waubra)

FOLLOWERS
Scott Winduss (Daylesford) captain Justin Doward (Hepburn) Dan O'Halloran (Hepburn)

INTERCHANGE
Luke Beattie (Daylesford) Jake Harris (Skipton) Jacob Ewart (Beaufort) Tim Mullane (Waubra)
Coach: Shane Robertson (Hepburn)

AND the League Best & Fairest

23 Louis Franc (Beaufort)
22 Andrew McKay (Hepburn), Daniel O'Halloran (Hepburn), Ricky Cummins (Bungaree)
20 Michael Cummings (Daylesford), Luke Gunnell (Gordon)
19 Aaron Bones (Beaufort)
18 Glenn Handley (Clunes)
15 Nick Sullivan (Waubra), Jarrod Morgan (Buninyong), Jake Harris (Skipton)

Regardless of the 2nd rate surface the facilities are putrid. Shouldn't be playing finals there full stop.
guess they didn;t know that it was going to be like that since its been booked in weeks out before the finals don;t know what other venues would been like least it didn't rain on sat to make any worser .

The finals revenue goes towards the costs of the CHFL clubs umpires for the following season so I'd say it was in everyone's best interests for the finals series to have as big a crowd as possible

Skipton Coach on the selection panel and they had two very debateable inclusions. Harris is a very good player but geez Posthewaite would have to consider himself very very lucky I reckon.
Damien Day probably a bit lucky too.
Luke Gunnell, Broderick Campbell, Ricky Cummins and maybe Gary Byers stiff

Can someone please explain how this works - how many chances is he being given???

CHFL dispells speculation over Sheppherd
BY TIM O'CONNOR
22 Aug, 2011 10:14 PM
CENTRAL Highlands Football League has dispelled rumours surrounding Hepburn premiership player Brendan Sheppherd.
Speculation has been rife since Sheppherd was reported for misconduct in Saturday’s qualifying final loss to Daylesford, with many league followers believing a subsequent suspension at tonight’s Ballarat Central Independent Tribunal hearing would tip him over AFL Victoria’s 16-week trigger for de-registration.

“Under the AFL Victoria de-registration policy, a player is required to receive a letter indicating their position after 10 weeks of suspension,” league spokesperson Gerard Ryan told The Courier.

“Records that the Central Highlands Football League has been able to access and his history within the league has not taken him past that point.”

Sheppherd was reported deep in the final term on Saturday, following an incident with a Daylesford water carrier.

He will front tribunal tonight in the hope being able to play in the Burras’ semi final clash with Gordon this weekend.

Skipton Coach on the selection panel and they had two very debateable inclusions. Harris is a very good player but geez Posthewaite would have to consider himself very very lucky I reckon.
Damien Day probably a bit lucky too.
Luke Gunnell, Broderick Campbell, Ricky Cummins and maybe Gary Byers stiff

Tim Mckay is definitley the only reason Posthlewaite got in. He is a sub standard backman at best. Surely that back pocket deserved to go to either Stott from Newlyn or Wemyss from C/L. These 2 players are great defenders and rarely get beat. Absolute shame on the league letting Tim sneak that one through. Harris on the year he has had i would think is fair enough.

He started beating his chest and demanded that a supporter hand over a freshly peeled banana.

This is simply an outstanding and completely underrated post..... Top work :D

Can someone please explain how this works - how many chances is he being given???

CHFL dispells speculation over Sheppherd
BY TIM O'CONNOR
22 Aug, 2011 10:14 PM
CENTRAL Highlands Football League has dispelled rumours surrounding Hepburn premiership player Brendan Sheppherd.
Speculation has been rife since Sheppherd was reported for misconduct in Saturday’s qualifying final loss to Daylesford, with many league followers believing a subsequent suspension at tonight’s Ballarat Central Independent Tribunal hearing would tip him over AFL Victoria’s 16-week trigger for de-registration.

“Under the AFL Victoria de-registration policy, a player is required to receive a letter indicating their position after 10 weeks of suspension,” league spokesperson Gerard Ryan told The Courier.

“Records that the Central Highlands Football League has been able to access and his history within the league has not taken him past that point.”

Sheppherd was reported deep in the final term on Saturday, following an incident with a Daylesford water carrier.

He will front tribunal tonight in the hope being able to play in the Burras’ semi final clash with Gordon this weekend.

Sounds like horseshit to me and that Eddie has paid out the league to keep him playing.... I thought that the last 2 times that thug was suspended it tipped him over the limit :rolleyes:

What a load of Bullshit! how can he get off from this!!

CHFL: Sheppherd cleared for semi-final
BY MELANIE WHELAN
24 Aug, 2011 12:33 AM
HEPBURN premiership player Brendan Sheppherd has been cleared to play in this weekend’s Central Highlands Football League second semi-final against Gordon.
Sheppherd faced the Ballarat Central Independent Tribunal last night on a misconduct charge involving Daylesford trainer Paul Warren in the fourth quarter of Saturday’s qualifying final at Dunnstown.

The Burras’ key position player agreed he had made contact with the trainer after an alleged insult, but Hepburn advocate Trevor King successfully argued that Sheppherd’s actions were not at the level of misconduct.

Ballarat’s tribunal board deliberated for more than half an hour on the case.

The tribunal said misconduct was difficult to prove and warned Sheppherd, a player with 25 years’ experience, to curb his anger on the field.

“You’ve been lucky and next time you might not be so lucky but we hope there will not be a next time,” the tribunal said.

Thoughts on team of the year:

BACKS
Damien Day (Beaufort) Mark Gunnell (Gordon) Cam Postlethwaite (Skipton)

HALF BACKS
Louis Franc (Beaufort) vc Leith Pellissier (Waubra) Rob Rogers (Daylesford)

CENTRES
Matthew Pitt (Dunnstown) Michael Cummings (Daylesford) Ned Gilbert (Buninyong)

HALF FORWARDS
Aaron Bones (Beaufort) Tom Mullane-Grant) (Rokewood-Corindah) Tom Eltringham (Springbank)

FORWARDS
Andy McKay (Hepburn) Lee Cox (Hepburn) Lee Brown (Waubra)

FOLLOWERS
Scott Winduss (Daylesford) captain Justin Doward (Hepburn) Dan O'Halloran (Hepburn)

INTERCHANGE
Luke Beattie (Daylesford) Jake Harris (Skipton) Jacob Ewart (Beaufort) Tim Mullane (Waubra)
Coach: Shane Robertson (Hepburn)

AND the League Best & Fairest

23 Louis Franc (Beaufort)
22 Andrew McKay (Hepburn), Daniel O'Halloran (Hepburn), Ricky Cummins (Bungaree)
20 Michael Cummings (Daylesford), Luke Gunnell (Gordon)
19 Aaron Bones (Beaufort)
18 Glenn Handley (Clunes)
15 Nick Sullivan (Waubra), Jarrod Morgan (Buninyong), Jake Harris (Skipton)

Got me stuffed how Glenn Handley, Ricky Cummins didnt get in the team, Tim McKay is a chook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back