Central Highlands Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2008
Hepburn
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Cats will be OK. They're already training under the new coach.

Saw them out there last night.

What's goin on at the Towners? Good bunch of boys down there.

All good training, but from what i heard there hasn't been much point, with only 8 fellas out there the other night and the majority being kids. Heard that they approached 3 kids from Daylesford and Hepburn and the kids knocked it on the head already. And i don't like there chance of picking up anyone from Ballarat also. I can already hear the pitter patter of feet walking away from Newlyn. I heard, and this is only a rumor, but a lot of the people out at the cats aren't happy with the way things are moving. Very slow. Top 3 is gone, and its only November.

With out reading back through all the posts, I heard a rumor that Beaufort is throwing some money around for next season, looking for a full forward, and some size. Have already had a big offer rejected by a Waubra player.

Re: Central Highlands

yeah hearing the same things about newlyn...big cash on offer but no real recruits as yet...we will wait and see how much money really talks. Not sure whats going on at the towners....posted a while ago saying they might lose about 10 but that figure starting to edge to 15 from all reports. Blokes finishing uni is a big one for them i think with almost half there club being uni boys i believe, also heard a whisper from a BFL club that they are close to signing 2 of there key position players. Any word on hepburn / learmonth recruits yet?

i see on the bfl forum that bungaree have signed the three brick brothers. Anyone know if its true. James would be a very handy pick up if its true but pretty sure he was one of sebas captains. Didn't paul play twos for redan last year and i think the other brother was an ok footballer to, but dont know how long since he last played or if he even plays anymore. Anyone have any info on that brother.

i see on the bfl forum that bungaree have signed the three brick brothers. Anyone know if its true. James would be a very handy pick up if its true but pretty sure he was one of sebas captains. Didn't paul play twos for redan last year and i think the other brother was an ok footballer to, but dont know how long since he last played or if he even plays anymore. Anyone have any info on that brother.

Pretty sure its true, sebas seem to know he is or intends to leave. Shame, but people must do what is best for themselves. Also hear that sebas has lost Mal Nibblett to a CHFL club, not sure! Sebas's loss will definately be a plus for CHFL......dam it.

The third brother is Gerard and he is by far the best of the 3 brothers. Hasn't played for a couple of seasons and works for the Hawthorn football club so I cant really see him leaving there to play for Bungaree. Has also battled injuries and doubt his body would hold up for a whole season.

Eastern Swans Football Club Mackay Queensland, is looking for a senior coach and players. The Swans finished runners up in last years Mackay AFL competition.

Mackay is a booming mining city, which services the Bowen basin. Great work opportunities available.

If interested, call Troy Stephens on 0434 593 762 or send a private message to me (loopyboots).

The third brother is Gerard and he is by far the best of the 3 brothers. Hasn't played for a couple of seasons and works for the Hawthorn football club so I cant really see him leaving there to play for Bungaree. Has also battled injuries and doubt his body would hold up for a whole season.

Anyone else got any rumours about recruits etc? what about Learmonth this would be the quietest offseason they have had in recent years do they have any recruits?? Waubra?? Bunny?? Beufort?? Come on someone give us some info this site has been to quiet lately...

yeah, James and Paul have both been to most of the trainings so far. Gerrard is pretty unlikely to come over, because as said before, he lives in Melbourne and has struggled with injury. Bungaree is looking like getting its act together, with the clubrooms being updated and a football commitee starting and really recruiting well, and making sure that they keep all their young players.

Only possible losses so far are Weymess(some team in LPFL), Nicholson(retired), Barnett(Overseas for half the year).

I heard Dunnstown have lost a heap of uni students including sawyers.. Have they gained anyone though?

Beaufort having a real crack out west, especially Horsham area. Ballan also having a good go. Mullane Grant a good chance to return as well as 2 ex players at the Marsh. Daylesford have another new president. Moved into town and got the job 3 days later. Yet to see a bulldog game or meet any players as yet but loaded with dosh and rumoured to have signed a couple at each of Sunbury and Melton areas as well as ex Sydney Swan player. Lee Cox not in Darwin but quickly establishing himself as one of the best snapper fishermen in Port Phillip Bay. Back on Daylesford, was speaking to a highly ranked Ballarat umpire last week and he stated that the dogs will be very closely watched by umps this year after a few incidents during last years finals series.

Beaufort having a real crack out west, especially Horsham area. Ballan also having a good go. Mullane Grant a good chance to return as well as 2 ex players at the Marsh. Daylesford have another new president. Moved into town and got the job 3 days later. Yet to see a bulldog game or meet any players as yet but loaded with dosh and rumoured to have signed a couple at each of Sunbury and Melton areas as well as ex Sydney Swan player. Lee Cox not in Darwin but quickly establishing himself as one of the best snapper fishermen in Port Phillip Bay. Back on Daylesford, was speaking to a highly ranked Ballarat umpire last week and he stated that the dogs will be very closely watched by umps this year after a few incidents during last years finals series.

Hope the rest of your info is better than the Mullane Grant rumour considering he's signed as senior coach at Rokewood for next year Kev!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont know where you got the Mullane Grant one from, but you are spot on with the Dogs President and Coxy's fishing exploits. Not sure about the rumours of Daylesford's signings, would be difficult to attract quality players when usualy the first thing a player asks is who is coaching the team. We are still waiting on the announcement of their coach.. Also was told that Doc O'Kelly the former Beaufort playing coach has returned to the club after spending a couple of years overseas.. a good pick up... Aparently he was offered the coaching job at Learmonth!! Does that mean AJ is moving on? if so does Tim move on as well? AJ has worked hard to compile a good list of players over the years, will they stay loyal to Learmonth or will they leave if AJ is no longer there. Would be interested to hear your comments Learmonth.

Dont know where you got the Mullane Grant one from, but you are spot on with the Dogs President and Coxy's fishing exploits. Not sure about the rumours of Daylesford's signings, would be difficult to attract quality players when usualy the first thing a player asks is who is coaching the team. We are still waiting on the announcement of their coach.. Also was told that Doc O'Kelly the former Beaufort playing coach has returned to the club after spending a couple of years overseas.. a good pick up... Aparently he was offered the coaching job at Learmonth!! Does that mean AJ is moving on? if so does Tim move on as well? AJ has worked hard to compile a good list of players over the years, will they stay loyal to Learmonth or will they leave if AJ is no longer there. Would be interested to hear your comments Learmonth.

Daylesford coach now confirmed as Luke Beattie:thumbsu:

If Mullane Grant has signed at Rokewood that rumour is obviously wrong and Ballan have missed the boat. I dont know the identity of the ex Sydney player but that did come from a Daylesford commitee man. He also told me that Newlyn offered star youngster Michael Cummings $ 500 a game ,but the new president topped it by $50 and he is now staying.

Pretty sure the president is just an old pensioner, nice guy, with a few contacts. You really shouldn't be on here spreading garbage that has no truth or support behind it, unlike what i have said about your club. Why would people from sunbury come up here for. Unfounded rot. I think i know who has been telling you all this, those voices in your head which are probably making you so bitter. Michael cummings would be mad to knock back $500 a game, but he would be mad to go out newlyn, because they won't be anywhere near the mark. And if he wants success, its not out there. Which umpire said that to you, so to make at least one of your statements have some credibility. Goldspink right???

If Mullane Grant has signed at Rokewood that rumour is obviously wrong and Ballan have missed the boat. I dont know the identity of the ex Sydney player but that did come from a Daylesford commitee man. He also told me that Newlyn offered star youngster Michael Cummings $ 500 a game ,but the new president topped it by $50 and he is now staying.
Sydney player, you are touched. Might explain all those insecurities

A.J is coaching learmonth in 09 Tim is playing for learmonth in 09.
He isnt coaching C-Linton either.

Sydney player, you are touched. Might explain all those insecurities
No need to get so angry all the time sheen. Didnt say who the Sydney player is as the source didnt know himself. Could be Barry Round for all i know. As for Cummings he would have to be in your top 3 players, only behind Scoble and Winduss, so why wouldnt he be worth 550 dollars. Especially at his age as i would imagine he will only get better. Phil Davis is still a popular man with some people at Daylesford surely, even if you do have an agenda to bag him at every chance. As for the umpy, many people saw the incidents i mentioned. If the Waubra incident where the young fella got his jaw broken was properly dealt with then i would think a different team would have been in the grand final. as for the grand final, i think you will find the umpires organise the video, and maybe Timmy can verify this, but Hepburn had 3 players in hospital that night after ordinary incidents. Surely the umps would have noticed. As for the rumours i was only replying to snake bit who requested some more gossip. Only time will tell if i was right or wrong. Oh and by the way sheen. Since when do multi millionaires get the pension.

No need to get so angry all the time sheen. Didnt say who the Sydney player is as the source didnt know himself. Could be Barry Round for all i know. As for Cummings he would have to be in your top 3 players, only behind Scoble and Winduss, so why wouldnt he be worth 550 dollars. Especially at his age as i would imagine he will only get better. Phil Davis is still a popular man with some people at Daylesford surely, even if you do have an agenda to bag him at every chance. As for the umpy, many people saw the incidents i mentioned. If the Waubra incident where the young fella got his jaw broken was properly dealt with then i would think a different team would have been in the grand final. as for the grand final, i think you will find the umpires organise the video, and maybe Timmy can verify this, but Hepburn had 3 players in hospital that night after ordinary incidents. Surely the umps would have noticed. As for the rumours i was only replying to snake bit who requested some more gossip. Only time will tell if i was right or wrong. Oh and by the way sheen. Since when do multi millionaires get the pension.
We did have some sorry boys after the Grand Final, but they did have a cup to drink out of later in the night. And the memory of that lasts a hell of a lot longer than what a few sore bones do. Andy McKay obviously learnt to be aware of whats coming at him very quickly. ( he was cleaned up FAIRLY in the last round of the season ) he could easily have been ko'd in the 2nd quarter but was good enough to evade the collision and went on to be the star of the show....
No problems with what happened, it was a Grand Final after all, and im sure most spectators expected a lot more fire works than there actually was.
One question though.. are you suggesting the new Pres is paying out of his own pocket? or is the club flipping the bill? Bloody good footballer though young Michael. All clubs would love to have him.

We did have some sorry boys after the Grand Final, but they did have a cup to drink out of later in the night. And the memory of that lasts a hell of a lot longer than what a few sore bones do. Andy McKay obviously learnt to be aware of whats coming at him very quickly. ( he was cleaned up FAIRLY in the last round of the season ) he could easily have been ko'd in the 2nd quarter but was good enough to evade the collision and went on to be the star of the show....
No problems with what happened, it was a Grand Final after all, and im sure most spectators expected a lot more fire works than there actually was.
One question though.. are you suggesting the new Pres is paying out of his own pocket? or is the club flipping the bill? Bloody good footballer though young Michael. All clubs would love to have him.
Saw that 2nd quarter incident and if that elbow had found its target i think young Mckays head would have finished up at Sovereign Hill. My source only stated that the new president is extremely well off and by all accounts so far seems a good bloke. I dont want to sound like a Daylesford basher here though, but would any other club in the area ,or state for that matter, elect a new president who moved to town 3 days ago and hasnt set foot in the club. So i am simply asking. For what other reason than money does he have the top job at Daylesford. Maybe i am missing something. But good luck to Daylesford. Top last years team up with a few more gun players and they will be very hard to beat.

I have narrowed you down to one of two people KEVIN. The first was going to be michael himself. Get on this forum, pump up your tyres and get your market value up nice and high. But thats not michaels style. Top bloke and one of my best mates all the way through school. So the second one i was thinking, is someone that actually loves getting his tyres pumped up, and thinks of himself as a greater being than god. Any ideas? I do buddy. You also seem pretty close to the president to know he is a multi millionaire

I have narrowed you down to one of two people KEVIN. The first was going to be michael himself. Get on this forum, pump up your tyres and get your market value up nice and high. But thats not michaels style. Top bloke and one of my best mates all the way through school. So the second one i was thinking, is someone that actually loves getting his tyres pumped up, and thinks of himself as a greater being than god. Any ideas? I do buddy. You also seem pretty close to the president to know he is a multi millionaire
Dear Mr Sheen. If i was you i would go and apologise to Michael Cummings and who ever the other bloke is that you are having immoral thoughts about as i can definately tell you i am not them. I am 100 per cent sure you dont know me and i dont you as i know bugger al people from over your way. But seing as you want to keep bagging me i will say this buddy. Like to here your thoughts on it. If Luke Beatie is now confirmed as coach, as it seems he is, does that mean that Darren McColl, last years coach, who took the job on to save the club and then guide it through all last years turmoils to the finals. Then from the Elimination final to only the clubs second grand final in forty years has just been dumped. Nice way to treat a club icon, player and supporter. No wonder Phil Davis got out when he did. And dont answer with McColl didnt want the job because i know he reapplied for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back