Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

obviously not many applicants for coaching job if these two got appointed. who are they going to recruit? but good luck to them for having a go at senior coaching

I think you're being a bit harsh Rexxy. Plenty of ordinary coaches out there who are lucky that they have a good playing list. Therefore they have a good coaching record and look successful. I wonder how Robbo would go coaching Gordon? However recruiting is always difficult difficullt for those clubs struggling unless they're cashed up and willing to spend.

I think you're being a bit harsh Rexxy. Plenty of ordinary coaches out there who are lucky that they have a good playing list. Therefore they have a good coaching record and look successful. I wonder how Robbo would go coaching Gordon? However recruiting is always difficult difficullt for those clubs struggling unless they're cashed up and willing to spend.[/quote

How would Robbo go coaching Gordon ? ANSWER -- Competive first season . Top five, second season & up to the club ( players, commitee & supporters) how badly they yearn success after that! He is enthusiastic, committed and knows how to get character and performance out of players (and club members) that some might regard as average.

All the lower clubs are capable of huge improvement, but they must realise it won't just happen. Success will come from dedication & commitment from many club people working as a team, for the common good.

I also believe that the C.H.F.L. can play a role in helping the lower clubs attract more players by reviewing the " DRAW " on a yearly basis and have the bottom (& the top) teams play each other more often, instead of some bottom teams having to play two or three top teams twice in a lousy draw. This idea would give the lower sides a chance to win a few more games and boost morale of players and supporters alike, reduce the huge margin games results and even out the competition somewhat. I must say, not my invention, but that of a man that strives constantly on ideas how to improve the C.H.F.L. - Recently retired H.F.N.C. President - Eddy Comelli, who has in many ways been responsible for the standard to which the C.H.F.L. has risen in the last decade. Well done Eddy !!

With regard to all the Hoo-Ha re moving the G.F. from the Northern Oval, why not add an extra round to our season, add in an extra full round bye ( or have a split round ) and hold the G.F. at the Eastern Oval the week after B.F.L. granny.
Likelyhood of better weather, and would pull a HUGE crowd. (not sure if it would clash with start of Ballarat cricket.) Food for thought ?

Will the new development at Creswick be large enough to hold a G.F. and if not at the moment can plans be modified to suit ?

Could be time some of the "SET IN STONE" ideas of the League Executive were "tickled" with a jack hammer and some modern debate transpired !!

What are your comments and suggestions ???

I think you're being a bit harsh Rexxy. Plenty of ordinary coaches out there who are lucky that they have a good playing list. Therefore they have a good coaching record and look successful. I wonder how Robbo would go coaching Gordon? However recruiting is always difficult difficullt for those clubs struggling unless they're cashed up and willing to spend.[/quote

How would Robbo go coaching Gordon ? ANSWER -- Competive first season . Top five, second season & up to the club ( players, commitee & supporters) how badly they yearn success after that! He is enthusiastic, committed and knows how to get character and performance out of players (and club members) that some might regard as average.

All the lower clubs are capable of huge improvement, but they must realise it won't just happen. Success will come from dedication & commitment from many club people working as a team, for the common good.

I also believe that the C.H.F.L. can play a role in helping the lower clubs attract more players by reviewing the " DRAW " on a yearly basis and have the bottom (& the top) teams play each other more often, instead of some bottom teams having to play two or three top teams twice in a lousy draw. This idea would give the lower sides a chance to win a few more games and boost morale of players and supporters alike, reduce the huge margin games results and even out the competition somewhat. I must say, not my invention, but that of a man that strives constantly on ideas how to improve the C.H.F.L. - Recently retired H.F.N.C. President - Eddy Comelli, who has in many ways been responsible for the standard to which the C.H.F.L. has risen in the last decade. Well done Eddy !!

With regard to all the Hoo-Ha re moving the G.F. from the Northern Oval, why not add an extra round to our season, add in an extra full round bye ( or have a split round ) and hold the G.F. at the Eastern Oval the week after B.F.L. granny.
Likelyhood of better weather, and would pull a HUGE crowd. (not sure if it would clash with start of Ballarat cricket.) Food for thought ?

Will the new development at Creswick be large enough to hold a G.F. and if not at the moment can plans be modified to suit ?

Could be time some of the "SET IN STONE" ideas of the League Executive were "tickled" with a jack hammer and some modern debate transpired !!

Eastern oval will schedule night games next year, the lights have been upgaded ad will be fit for night football. What would be the possibility of a night Grand Final? Probably never im guessing but does raise some options other than Northern oval. Maybe BFL could schedule their preliminary final ona Friday night- would draw a big crowd as wouldn't be competing with CHFL grand finald and the CHFL grand final could be played on the saturday at the Eastern oval. To be honest can't see wardy giving the CHFL such a big free kick!!!

If he had the same players at Gordon as this year they might win another game or two. To make the six would need ten decent players. If Eddy went with him maybe a flag? Dont forget the bloke coaching them is no dummy. If you havent got the cattle.

Fair suck of the sav Hound8dog. It’s extremely disrespectful and naive on your behalf to suggest that the main reason behind Gordon’s lack of success is due to the senior coach

Hepburn has an embarrassment of riches compared to the Eagles.

There not one reason why Hepburn has been successful, it’s a culmination of a number of factors including (but not limited to):

Committee including fundraising - the single most important factor. It’s a well oiled machine which continues to generate the oodles of $$ required to pay the side that takes the park each week. A shame some isn’t spared and put back into the facilities.
Ca$h – It will never truly be known how much the Burra spend on their players, but guaranteed if their budget was afforded to Gordon for a season they’d be top 6.
Population – Gordon population around 450. Hepburn Shire population over 13,000. Not only a breeding ground for players but also gives the club vital access to supporters who in turn pump $$ into the club.
Coaching – not only Robbo but all support staff includinga assistants, trainers etc

I’m sure I’ve missed other points as to why Hepburn have been successful and you or any other Hepburnian would be happy to point them out, but by listing them it would only strengthen my argument.

With big Ed departing, the new president has massive shoes to fill. He’s done a fantastic job over the years and should be immensely proud of what he and his fellow committee member have been able to achieve.

Fair suck of the sav Hound8dog. It’s extremely disrespectful and naive on your behalf to suggest that the main reason behind Gordon’s lack of success is due to the senior coach

Hepburn has an embarrassment of riches compared to the Eagles.

There not one reason why Hepburn has been successful, it’s a culmination of a number of factors including (but not limited to):

Committee including fundraising - the single most important factor. It’s a well oiled machine which continues to generate the oodles of $$ required to pay the side that takes the park each week. A shame some isn’t spared and put back into the facilities.
Ca$h – It will never truly be known how much the Burra spend on their players, but guaranteed if their budget was afforded to Gordon for a season they’d be top 6.
Population – Gordon population around 450. Hepburn Shire population over 13,000. Not only a breeding ground for players but also gives the club vital access to supporters who in turn pump $$ into the club.
Coaching – not only Robbo but all support staff includinga assistants, trainers etc

I’m sure I’ve missed other points as to why Hepburn have been successful and you or any other Hepburnian would be happy to point them out, but by listing them it would only strengthen my argument.

With big Ed departing, the new president has massive shoes to fill. He’s done a fantastic job over the years and should be immensely proud of what he and his fellow committee member have been able to achieve.

FINAL SAY, no offence either written or meant. TEETH asked the question and I replied with my honest opinion, for what it's worth.
As I implied , Robbo has the uncanny ability to bring the best out of men, can recognise untapped ability and performs his tasks to the absolute utmost of his capacity. From the moment he took charge at Hepburn the whole atmosphere around the place took a turn for the better. ( Is that rubbishing the coaching staff that came before him ? I think not. )

Last time around Gordon put on a more than credible display of natural ability but did not have the nouse to finish it off. Seriously, they were only a couple of good players away from knocking us off. You must have belief... as in the cup is half full, not half empty! All the lower clubs at the moment have tasted premiership success, and there is no reason why they can't again. Never take the attitude that there is no hope.

With regard to what you think is a distinct population advantage, please remember we are a hamlet attached to Daylesford and the busines support dollar bias is by far in favour of the Bulldogs. They also have major sponsors in JAYCO ( & BENDIGO BANK it seems).

As for the Dollars that the Burra's generate, it doesn't just walk in off the street or come from super rich benefactors. It's a result of hard work and taking a punt on making a buck... e.g. Running a Truck Raffle NOT a Chook Raffle. You've got people around that are good club workers, and others with a few bob, but their pockets must be deeper than their arms can reach.

Any way, if you really want to see your club on its' way up, consider making some moves, and a lot of noise about the Season Draw (as pointed out in my last post) and get the competition evened up a bit. If your President and Committee aren't aware of the possibilities, make sure you let them know.

You might also consider your remarks in the Population advantage context as pointed out in the figures below.
Shire of Moorabool — Population: 25,474 (2006 Census) - 7 footy clubs / Shire of Hepburn — Population: 13,732 Wikipedia ; 6 footy clubs

Good luck and I hope to see the EAGLES kick on in 2010.

hows each club looking 4 next year

Ballan - rumours that some big signings are in the pipeline and some handy juniors coming through. James gone and chasing Melton premiership player Adam Fenton. Shanks a good get as coach.

Beaufort - Quiet, but ewart & simpson rumoured to be gone. Big losses if true

Bungaree - Bit of a surprise to appoint joint non playing coaches - could be some disagreements ahead. Middleton not known for calmness! Tipped to have more Redan recruits lined up. Hopefully, for them, they perform better than the other Redan boys out there. Cummins and Reid excepted.

Buninyong - Do they still have the big backing of Porter Plant??? Dignan gone. Will play finals as usual but only make up numbers.

Clunes - Annual "Weatherley coming home" rumours doing the rounds and Justin Harris tipped to return after a stint overseas. Chasing current Charlton coach to take the reins. Quiet but could be an improver.

Creswick - Baby steps last season but need giant ones. On the right track if they can keep their juniors.

Daylesford - Some of their older stars may start to slow down but U18 premiership side should provide some handy top ups. Quality list. Favourites again.

Dunnstown - Making big play for a Nth Ballarat star, not sure who. Sawyers gone - massive hole but will free up plenty of coin, Jose going?? Could be another massive hole but chasing Begbie to come home as a handy replacement.

Gordon - Trying to get a few Darley fringe players but not much to offer.

Hepburn - Is Cox gone?? Rumoured to be going to WA QLD NT & Darley . Can't go everywhere - time will tell. Darley want McKay but he will stay, Abbott & Saunders going back from the Marsh and Minns?? from Darley, Uhi?? - stay tuned. Dillons rumoured to be leaving and Wedding possibly as well. Peake gone. Still be up there whatever happens.

Learmonth - Beachams gone - despite their desire to stay, no whisper on a coach, Watt a chance to return from Cairns. SMW into a few. May fade a little.

Newlyn - Has been rumoured that everbody thats played there in the last 20 years is going back - Blommeley, Faull, Preston, Stewart, Sewell (all 3), May. Stewart confirmed signing and Smith a better choice as coach than the last 1.

Springbank - Giblett and R. Knowles rumoured to be coaching which would be a good get. Maybe need to look elsewhere for recruits other than temporary 1s from UB.

Waubra - The great man back at the helm but as usual playing the cards very close to the chest. Shaun Mullane overseas big loss, rumoured to be chasing Dean Chester & Jacob Spolding from Nth. Watch closely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballan - rumours that some big signings are in the pipeline and some handy juniors coming through. James gone and chasing Melton premiership player Adam Fenton. Shanks a good get as coach.

Bungaree - Bit of a surprise to appoint joint non playing coaches - could be some disagreements ahead. Middleton not known for calmness! Tipped to have more Redan recruits lined up. Hopefully, for them, they perform better than the other Redan boys out there. Cummins and Reid excepted.

Buninyong - Do they still have the big backing of Porter Plant??? Dignan gone. Will play finals as usual but only make up numbers.

Clunes - Annual "Weatherley coming home" rumours doing the rounds and Justin Harris tipped to return after a stint overseas. Chasing current Charlton coach to take the reins. Quiet but could be an improver.

Creswick - Baby steps last season but need giant ones. On the right track if they can keep their juniors.

Daylesford - Some of their older stars may start to slow down but U18 premiership side should provide some handy top ups. Quality list. Favourites again.

Dunnstown - Making big play for a Nth Ballarat star, not sure who. Sawyers gone - massive hole but will free up plenty of coin, Jose going?? Could be another massive hole but chasing Begbie to come home as a handy replacement.

Hepburn - Is Cox gone?? Rumoured to be going to WA QLD NT & Darley . Can't go everywhere - time will tell. Darley want McKay but he will stay, Abbott & Saunders going back from the Marsh and Minns?? from Darley, Uhi?? - stay tuned. Dillons rumoured to be leaving and Wedding possibly as well. Peake gone. Still be up there whatever happens.

Learmonth - Beachams gone - despite their desire to stay, no whisper on a coach, Watt a chance to return from Cairns. SMW into a few. May fade a little.

Newlyn - Has been rumoured that everbody thats played there in the last 20 years is going back - Blommeley, Faull, Preston, Stewart, Sewell (all 3), May. Stewart confirmed signing and Smith a better choice as coach than the last 1.

Springbank - Giblett and R. Knowles rumoured to be coaching which would be a good get. Maybe need to look elsewhere for recruits other than temporary 1s from UB.

Waubra - The great man back at the helm but as usual playing the cards very close to the chest. Shaun Mullane overseas big loss, rumoured to be chasing Dean Chester & Jacob Spolding from Nth. Watch closely.
What has Shanks done as a coach,so would not go as far as saying his a good coach and no chance Adam Fenton will play at Ballan next year already signed at sunbury kangaroos

The nth ballarat star dunnstown is chasing is mcmahon. Apparently very close to signing if he hasnt already!

rumor out of geelong is that Spolding is heading that way, to play at Newtown.....

Charlton coach is a handy player but was rumored to have retired earlier on this year only to play a very good game in the GF.

so now with the pre season about 2 start how is each club looking 4 next season

About the same as last time you asked. Do you cut and paste this question on here and the bfl thread every couple of days? Its november mate ask at the end of january and you might get a response, or in the meantime offer up something yourself about your club.

About the same as last time you asked. Do you cut and paste this question on here and the bfl thread every couple of days? Its november mate ask at the end of january and you might get a response, or in the meantime offer up something yourself about your club.
yeah whatever champ by now must clubs no what players they will loss and pick up

whats with the hostility merrigan ;) take a chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil pill lad.
i heard those philpot twins were playin for learmonth this year also, how did they go get a run in the ones or? maybe you can fill me in on this one mr learmonth?
who won the bnf over there, im a little outta touch with the local rag these past two months.

Most may have been addressed but i was hoping that someone might be able to list next years coaching appointments for me...

Springbank: Dean Romeril and Joe Carmody
Learmonth:
Gordon:
Daylesford:
Hepburn:
Bungaree:
Beaufort
Buninyong:
Clunes:
Creswick:
Dunnstown:
Ballan:
Newlyn:
Waubra:

Most may have been addressed but i was hoping that someone might be able to list next years coaching appointments for me...

Learmonth:
Gordon:
Daylesford: Luke Beattie
Hepburn:
Bungaree:
Beaufort
Buninyong:
Clunes:
Creswick:
Dunnstown:
Ballan:
Newlyn:
Waubra:

Hahah serious:confused:

Learmonth:
Gordon:
Daylesford: Luke Beatie
Hepburn:
Bungaree: Nick Stephens and Greg Middleton
Beaufort
Buninyong:
Clunes:
Creswick:
Dunnstown:
Ballan:
Newlyn:
Waubra:

Is this Joe Carmody who was at Bungaree 2 seasons ago? very handy player and a very smart football mind. Could be a good get for springbank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back