Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
should be a pretty hotly contested senior match. hard to call really but i think hepburn have too much of that x-factor in mckay, cox and wedding that will prove too much for the dogs. hope im wrong but hepburn by 7 points

Firstly Timmy, congratulations on making another GF and good luck on Saturday, I hope you get over the line. I'm not sure why but I do. My tip however is Daylesford - just - again. I reckon a lot will come down to how close the scores are at 3/4 time because Daylesford will be fresh after the week off. That slog out at Learmonth a fortnight ago would had to have taken some toll on players legs so the week off for Daylesford will help their cause, while Hepburn, even though they wouldn't have used much petrol on Saturday, they still had to back up with undoubtedly sore bodies from 7 days ago. I'm tipping Hepburn to take an early lead and if they start the way they did against Learmonth they may put enough space on the dogs on the scoreboard to hang on. Hepburn have the matchwinners in Cox McKay and Wedding so if they get enough opportunities they could be the difference. Anyway lets hope we get a good day and a good match.

Just an observation how would either Hepburn & Daylesford stack up in the Ballarat fl; and another observation Hepburn's Trevor Johnson could he also step upto the level in the Ballarat fl.

I reckon that with their best sides in they would be competitive with the BFL sides and possibly play finals. Having said that the difference in the comps comes down to the depth of the clubs. The injury factor would therefore come into play as to wether the burra or the dogs would be able to make finals.

Having said that though some of the 'stars' of the CHFL who have played BFL were average to good players there all be it in some average sides at the time. (Scott WINDUSS an obvious exception with 2 league medals!!) In good sides they would go pretty well.

Don't know much about JOHNSON so can't comment.

Haven't seen much BFL recently though so my thoughts may be way off. Anyone else?

anyone else see the incidents at the Learmonth huddle at quarter time very funny stuff. Best hit any learmonth player had all day on someone from Hepburn."
Dear fool. The two lakie's heroes that were confronted at quarter time said the following "good we've got "Coxie" now let's get the n****r". When challenged they both went to water.

Tiny Cantwell at least had the balls to chuck his water bottle at the Hepburn spy but the response from AJ the super coach when asked "why are you not playing you week c**t" was typically weak."

"iv'e got a sore back!!!!" The video star said.. when dropping his white board marker on the turf. GOLD.

Again I say ,, it is no wonder Learmonth are the only CHFL side not to win a flag... they lack spine... they lack morals.. and they lack character.

PS. Dear TB,, Bubby from cell 33 says hello and he has the K9 jelly ready.

Mr Craig Winnard, some comments that might see you land in hot water. All your posts have been kept so deleting them has done you no good, its called defamation... The solicitor is having fun looking into it and all he required was a name..Not too hard to find out.... Enjoy!

Also the posts you have made are wrong, I never had a bad back, and noone asked me so dont make stories up to try and act important... Why would you be in the Learmonth huddle and not hepburns pinnochio... Just tell the truth!!

Best of luck to Dford & Hepburn. The two best sides playing off again!

as much as i am not a fan of the beachams,i must say i do not beleive that personal things should not be posted on big footy.
To this weeks game which should be a ripper,i think daylesford deserve to be favourites as they were the best side this far,in saying that i dont no whether 2 weeks off in three weeks is always a good thing.Hepburn looked great on the weekend but learmonth were very ordinary due to injurys to key personal.i beleive if wet dogs will win and if dry will be less than a kick in it burras way

news just in COWAN to play for dford this weekend.. rebels are over and he needs a way to stetch his legs before draft camp with him in the team i think that you can not tip agianst d ford he will run rings around them all.. could be a key match up him and mckay

The makings of a classic Grand Final this week if by some fluke we can get a half decent day at the Northern Oval. The key match up is Winduss & Conroy. From all reports Ox gave young Sam a lesson when Daylesford destroyed Hepburn earlier in the year, while in last years Grand Final the young bloke held his own and Hepburn were far too good. A lot of pressure on him taking on one of the best players I have seen in the CHFL but if he can do the job again this week it will mean back to back flags.

Just my take on the great game we are in for, im bored sh!tless at work and though id have a go. Im not a supporter of either sides its just my opinion.
It all starts in the middle as we know the great S.Winduss v the rising star S.Conroy, who ever wins this battle as Bazza said I think it will go a long way into the final result. I thought Conroy held his own in the 2nd semi and the wide open spaces may just suit the young fella and if he pushes fwd he may just have the upper hand, having said that Winduss is one of the greats and will never let you down…
The onballers: L.Adams, J.Adams, C.Scoble will want to make this into a game of contested footy I reackon and not let James x2, O’Hallaron and Peake get space, run and use the footy which they are so good at. Also the rotations through here will be pivotal and I think that Hepburn may have a few more blokes to go through here and that could make all the difference in the end..
Around the ground there are going to be some amazing match ups..
Cox vs Beattie: You have to play your best defender on him (learmonth??) and just pray that Coxy has a stinker otherwise look out its gameover.
McKay vs Cowan: I hope d’ford don’t start Scoble on him this year and that Cowan is playing and this matchup eventuates, 2 of the kids in country vic going head to head would be great to see. Otherwise not sure who stops McKay??
Button vs Shep: This duel will be a cracker both hard bodies anything could happen here especially when Sheps involved (haha)
The last point I want to make is the Umpires….. Please, please let the game go, don’t go stamping your authority early, if theres push and shove and bumping within the rules let it go. Everyone wants to see a good game just please go unnoticed and don’t affect the result….
Tip: Hep by 3pts, Medal: M.Peake
I know im gonna get pulled up on points ive made and I hope someone else adds a bit too this, as I said its just the way I see it. Just hope its close and a good hard game of footy

I don't think it can be expressed firmly enough, how terrible the decision to have the netball and football at seperate grounds this weekend is! Clearly not a democracy. Unfortunate for clubs involved on the day, and well everyone really.

Anyway i suppose if i have to tip i'll go with Daylesford.

P.S **** this forum was great reading this year!

Just an observation how would either Hepburn & Daylesford stack up in the Ballarat fl; and another observation Hepburn's Trevor Johnson could he also step upto the level in the Ballarat fl.
I think you will find that Trevor Johnson was a good player in the bfl.Bendigo football league that is, thats why they recruited him to hepburn,so yes he could step up the level.The bendigo football side flogged the Ballarat football league in interleague football this year.Ballarats response to this was we need Gisbourne

Just an observation how would either Hepburn & Daylesford stack up in the Ballarat fl; and another observation Hepburn's Trevor Johnson could he also step upto the level in the Ballarat fl.[/QUOTE

trevor johnson could easily make the step up to bfl, played at swan districts in the wafl afew years ago, and is still only 24 or 25. would be handy in any bfl side. Ballarat Football League that is!!!

I think you will find that Trevor Johnson was a good player in the bfl.Bendigo football league that is, thats why they recruited him to hepburn,so yes he could step up the level.The bendigo football side flogged the Ballarat football league in interleague football this year.Ballarats response to this was we need Gisbourne

tj never played in bendigo!!! came down from tooleybuc / manang last year in the central murray league and mildura the year before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well isn't everybody all talk.3 weeks ago everyone was jumping out of their skin to get into the finals action & finally when grand final week arrives we only have two or three posts relating to the actual grand final.
Anyway. Hepburn V Daylesford. Promises to be one of the greatest finals ever but I'm not that convinced it will be. Daylesford we all know have one of the strongest midfields in the competition,but probably lack a bit of leg speed. Hepburn on the other hand have equally a quality onball brigade. Daylesford with skill and poise Hepburn with pace & desire.
Daylesfords biggest weakness I belive is their forward line. I don't think that they can kick a big enough score to win. Having said that Hepburns biggest weakness is their back six. If Daylesford can get the ball deep inside 50 away from Shep then they might be big chance.
Hepburns forwards however have the ability to kick a big score. With cox, mckay and wedding these guys are capable of kicking 12 goals between them without too much fuss, & I think that 12 goals will be enough to win @ the windy crap hole of the ROOSTER.
In summing up or the closing argument if you like, I think Hepburn will win by 4 goals.
Too many forward options and pace. & I think Wedding will kick a bag he looks ready to turn it on.
I hope I'm wrong but good luck to both sides.
BOG- D. James
X-Factor J Cowan will play

Other games
Bunga in an upset by a goal.
BOG- Barnett Bunga
Daylesford By 12
BOG- Cowan Daylesford
Dunnstown by 8
Bog- Dummett Dunnstown

Netball- Bunga to win A B C Under 17 & 13's
Dunnstown in Under 15 's

Well done to the Doggies, 5 point winners. Fantastic goal by Andrew Button with what would have to have been only 20 seconds to go and down 1 point. Took the mark on the 50 on the grand stand side boundary and slotted it through.

Well done to both teams on a great contest. Such a pity about the venue once again with the wind pretty much ruining the spectacle.

Bad luck to hepburn, but the better team on the day, and of the year won!

Did the entire Hepburn team sign their contract before the game this year timmy?

Congrats to Daylesford on a great win. Hepburn were very unlucky. Can only imagine how much better the atmosphere would have been at Learmonth.

Congrats to Daylesford on a great win. Hepburn were very unlucky. Can only imagine how much better the atmosphere would have been at Learmonth.
yes.. would have been a great atmosphere... but can you imagine how windy it would have been out at learmonth.. only would have been a one scoring end. good win to daylesford great game

yes.. would have been a great atmosphere... but can you imagine how windy it would have been out at learmonth.. only would have been a one scoring end. good win to daylesford great game

I can tell you right now it wouldn't have been anywhere near as windy as it is at Northern Oval that's for sure.

trust me it would have.. i live in that area and it would have been faster. but oh well you cant change much now.. could the venue be changed in years to come.?

I have lived around the Ballarat region for many years and I've experienced quite a bit of footy at both Learmonth and Northern Oval, Northern Oval is by far the windiest ground around Ballarat it has no trees surrounding it creating a mass amount of wind on the other hand Learmonth has nothing but trees around it blocking the wind. I quite like the Learmonth ground it has a nice atmosphere to it plus the ground is always in a good condition generally.

I would very much like to see them change the venue for the grand final but as it stands at the moment the CHFL constitution states that not one club can have a home ground advantage in a grand final, hopefully they amend that soon.

We got the classic grand final predicted last week, probably the best since Clunes ran over the top of Dunnstown in 97. The game was a credit to both clubs as given the horrible conditions again endurd at the Northen Oval both sides were able to play a reasonable standard of football. Daylesford required all of their guns firing to grab the win.
There are a number of issues coming out of Grand Final day that the CHFL have to address now though. What are people's thoughts on the following issues:
1. Has the day just become a big piss up for people not even slightly interested in the footy? I saw too blokes being kicked out before the senior game was started, it was a poor reflection on the league Saturday
2. Why do we perservere with the Northern Oval (other than the extra dollars) when every person and player you speak to dislikes going there
3. What are the alternatives? Personally I don't like Learmonth it is almost as windy as the Northern Oval and the atmosphere is generally no better

We got the classic grand final predicted last week, probably the best since Clunes ran over the top of Dunnstown in 97. The game was a credit to both clubs as given the horrible conditions again endurd at the Northen Oval both sides were able to play a reasonable standard of football. Daylesford required all of their guns firing to grab the win.
There are a number of issues coming out of Grand Final day that the CHFL have to address now though. What are people's thoughts on the following issues:
1. Has the day just become a big piss up for people not even slightly interested in the footy? I saw too blokes being kicked out before the senior game was started, it was a poor reflection on the league Saturday
2. Why do we perservere with the Northern Oval (other than the extra dollars) when every person and player you speak to dislikes going there
3. What are the alternatives? Personally I don't like Learmonth it is almost as windy as the Northern Oval and the atmosphere is generally no better
i dont believe that it is just all for a piss up.. sure its good to have a few beers but you will realise that the only people that go there and get absolutely blind are all the wankas and derro's who go out looking for fights. it does reflect bad on league but the people doing these things dont even play in the league. i head there was a fight at 6:00 against daylesford hepburn supporters any truth to this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back