Preview Changes/Preview – Round 10 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking we just grab a chopper at hit them all tbh. Grab a Shiraz, cab sav, merlot chuck em in a bucket mix em up and get absolutely wrecked.
You’re taking notes Scythe94 ?

The pre planning is all but done. Work out the minor administrative details and we are set to make Bigfooty history

He didn’t say he was a fan of you, scythe mate, but he’s into my work BIG TIME
He's related to me...

...which probably means you're right

You’re taking notes Scythe94 ?

The pre planning is all but done. Work out the minor administrative details and we are set to make Bigfooty history
Mr Bean Lol GIF by britbox

Hunter definitely still on the pingas I think, really weird that he'd go from a relative best 18 lock to not even getting a run when Langdon is out.
Hunter has also been used in odd positions in the VFL.

Half forward where he doesn’t have (recent anyway) experience and where Melbourne already have lots of other options.

Some centre square time and he’s never going to play there for Melbourne.

A bit of wing too.

It is quite the fall from grace for him.

Who takes Langdon's spot on the wing? Not really sure who has the tank for it.

Yeah it's odd they didn't select Hunter.

Maybe Woewodin? Left-field may be Howes, who trained and played there in the vfl in his first season I think?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who takes Langdon's spot on the wing? Not really sure who has the tank for it.

Maybe Woewodin? Left-field may be Howes, who trained and played there in the vfl in his first season I think?

It's not uncommon for us to rotate a few through there when we don't have one of the regular wingers I reckon. Probably mostly Billings with maybe a mix out of Rivers, Salem, ANB and Sparrow and Woey once he's on (assuming he's sub).

Laurie is the other one, who I don't rate but literally the only thing I know about him is he's got a decent tank so he would make sense considering how much work we ask our wingers to put in. Not a great sign that he's behind so many this far into his career.

It's not uncommon for us to rotate a few through there when we don't have one of the regular wingers I reckon. Probably mostly Billings with maybe a mix out of Rivers, Salem, ANB and Sparrow and Woey once he's on (assuming he's sub).
Was thinking a mix of Billings and Sparrow. ANB seems like a perfect fit too but I feel like we've not used him in that role very much at all.

Laurie is the other one, who I don't rate but literally the only thing I know about him is he's got a decent tank so he would make sense considering how much work we ask our wingers to put in. Not a great sign that he's behind so many this far into his career.

Was thinking a mix of Billings and Sparrow. ANB seems like a perfect fit too but I feel like we've not used him in that role very much at all.

Laurie isn't in the team is he? I'm that meh about him I probably wouldn't even notice if he was tbf.

Hopefully ANB is playing more midfield again meaning Trac is forward a bit, interested to see what happens with Fritsch and McAdam both in the forward line now.

At least we're not trying Spargo there this time :rainbow:

I'm thinking Billings will spend the lion's share of time on the opposite wing to Windsor. West Coast don't have damaging wings, so his defensive deficiencies shouldn't be exposed too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laurie isn't in the team is he? I'm that meh about him I probably wouldn't even notice if he was tbf.

Hopefully ANB is playing more midfield again meaning Trac is forward a bit, interested to see what happens with Fritsch and McAdam both in the forward line now.
No he's not, I'm just saying he seems like he'd be a good fit for the wing because of his tank but he's been passed over again. If his role is HF then he's behind Billings, ANB, Sparrow and now Tholstrup. Not great signs for his career.

I love ANB getting more midfield time, It's a small sample size but I think he has more impact in there than what Salem has.

Imo Trac playing forward is a no brainer. Even if you prefer him in the midfield he's struggled to really get his game going there this year, so a stint in the forwardline could kickstart his season. He's such a hard match up when he goes there. Can play like a key forward or a small. Carlton had no answers for him.

No he's not, I'm just saying he seems like he'd be a good fit for the wing because of his tank but he's been passed over again. If his role is HF then he's behind Billings, ANB, Sparrow and now Tholstrup. Not great signs for his career.

I love ANB getting more midfield time, It's a small sample size but I think he has more impact in there than what Salem has.

Imo Trac playing forward is a no brainer. Even if you prefer him in the midfield he's struggled to really get his game going there this year, so a stint in the forwardline could kickstart his season. He's such a hard match up when he goes there. Can play like a key forward or a small. Carlton had no answers for him.

Absolutely re Trac. I'm more thinking about what Goody will do now with the 3 talls setup he seems to like. I've got (probably long shot) hopes that McAdam takes the spot of a 3rd tall meaning we would sometimes have a forward line of Petty, JVR, Fritsch, McAdam, Trac and Kozzy. I still like Trac in the midfield a bit as he's the only one who uses his legs to burst from stoppage, so that's where Chandler can be forward, ANB or Kozzxy in the midfield etc can give us flexibility. All comes down to what Goody actually tries though I guess.

And yeah, Laurie, far out, I don't get why they like him so much, just don't see much there. I'm still keen on trying Bowey forward at some stage which would mean that vanilla rotation of Laurie, Spargo, Billings et al gets put to bed.

Salem and BBB on the selection list!
It's crazy. Have the WCE donated to someone's retirement fund?
OR
Maybe it is just a cunning ploy to get more Perth people through the door, thinking that the eagles have a good chance of winning this game.

Last edited:
Hunter definitely still on the pingas I think, really weird that he'd go from a relative best 18 lock to not even getting a run when Langdon is out.
Dont care if hes on the pingers, if we dont think he deserves to be cut from the list he should be in the side. Could guarantee he could do what Billings does but better.

INS – McAdam (club debut), Salem, B.Brown
OUTS – Langdon (personal), van Rooyen (concussion), Turner (inj.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back