Preview Changes/Preview – Round 10 vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
schmuttt Dees board wins regardless this week. Either Brown and Salem suck and the board wins, or they feast on the carcass of West Coast and stick around in the team, only to shit the bed when it actually matters, in which case we also win.

The main issue with Brown is that he'll have a fine game and hold his spot for a month before spudding it up against a good team and costing us.

I'm indifferent to Salem.

The main issue with Brown is that he'll have a fine game and hold his spot for a month before spudding it up against a good team and costing us.

I'm indifferent to Salem.
Salem's just vanilla, I agree. I just don't know how his body of work over the past two years results in automatic selection coming off injury.

Salem's just vanilla, I agree. I just don't know how his body of work over the past two years results in automatic selection coming off injury.

Suits our current game style perfectly, so straight in. Slow predictable kicks out of the backline so the oppo defence can get setup.

That's true but it's cancelled out by Salem coming straight back in.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don't hate him as much as everyone else tbh, but I'm also not excited by him being back.

If he can facilitate either Rivers being in the middle more or Trac being forward more than I'll take that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't really have an issue with him coming in straight off a hammy as it is just a hammy he would still be match fit, but yes he's a coaches pet and it would be nice to see us be a bit more creative with selection.

Silver linings we didn't really get that much of a look at him in the midfield before Bowey got injured so I'm interested to see a bit more of that.

I don't hate him as much as everyone else tbh, but I'm also not excited by him being back.

If he can facilitate either Rivers being in the middle more or Trac being forward more than I'll take that.
Salem unfortunately just typifies the state of our gameplan/ball movement over the past few years.

Came into the league and spent a few years as a pretty prodigious kick of the footy who was aggressive and decisive in how he played, now he constantly looks timid, takes the safest possible option and adds minimal drive out of the back half. The fact that we all have to cop the constant rhetoric about how good of a kick he is is pretty frustrating – I couldn't tell you the last time I remember him taking the game on and hitting a laser pass, it just doesn't happen anymore.

Not great defensively either, so it's fair to question why he's a walk-up start.

I don't really have an issue with him coming in straight off a hammy as it is just a hammy he would still be match fit, but yes he's a coaches pet and it would be nice to see us be a bit more creative with selection.

Silver linings we didn't really get that much of a look at him in the midfield before Bowey got injured so I'm interested to see a bit more of that.

He was already out of the midfield by the time we hit the hawks game.

Salem unfortunately just typifies the state of our gameplan/ball movement over the past few years.

Came into the league and spent a few years as a pretty prodigious kick of the footy who was aggressive and decisive in how he played, now he constantly looks timid, takes the safest possible option and adds minimal drive out of the back half. The fact that we all have to cop the constant rhetoric about how good of a kick he is is pretty frustrating – I couldn't tell you the last time I remember him taking the game on and hitting a laser pass, it just doesn't happen anymore.

Not great defensively either, so it's fair to question why he's a walk-up start.
I feel like the myth of him being a good kick just comes from commentators looking at his kicking efficiency despite the fact that the majority of them are safe lateral 15m passes.

He was already out of the midfield by the time we hit the hawks game.
I feel like Bowey getting injured hampered those plans a bit is what I'm saying.

I just don't think he's 'bad', so I'm neither here nor there about him being back in atm.

Burn It To The Ground GIF by Parker McCollum

I don't hate him either; I just don't get how he gets straight back in the team whenever he returns from injury.

Like he could be a good senior role player for the rest of his career, but he seems to be viewed internally as a key player despite having minimal impact for ~ 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

2 talls out and 1 in is a win.
Was hoping that it was either Tom Fullarton or Will Verrall not BBB, though. Dude's got a physicality of a lettuce leaf.

As for Salem ugh, Did AMW urinate in Goody's coffee or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back